What have you done to your Superb III today?

Some goodies arrived today. SuperSkoda. Will be a few weeks before I get a chance to fit them. Have to wait until the paint guy is finished before adding the new bits.
Car being debadged for a 2 stage  Polish to remove swirls that the dealer put on car with weekly washing. Then being nano coated with the self healing stuff. 
Then I will fit the new stuff. Most excited about the backlit door sills. But the new black badges ( still can’t believe they don’t come standard on a Sportline), and the mudflaps will make a big difference to looks. 

85B2ABDD-A90B-4E1B-9FC1-C80AB0F97036.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bap33 said:

@RomanB Hi, How did you activate this Sport Info menu on your L&K? I didn't succeed to do it on my MY2017. I would be happy, if you were OK to share.

thanks. ;) 

Hi, for that you need activation FEC code, OD will not activate it. I wrote the topic "how to activate carplay mirolink and so on" on this forum, all that you need you can find there. Or just ask)

I've posted to fast and found you other post few minutes later... Seems way to far for computer skills. Seems too risky for me compared to simply (un)tick a box with VCDS.

Too bad for me.

On 25/10/2020 at 14:07, RomanB said:

Sport menu is activated

20201025_102055.jpg

Do the gauges actaully work though?.. I enabled the accleration function in VC on and SEL iV.. it doesn't give any readings

1 minute ago, 337 said:

Do the gauges actaully work though?.. I enabled the accleration function in VC on and SEL iV.. it doesn't give any readings

Yes it does, reading is OK.

Just now, RomanB said:

Yes it does, reading is OK.

I might take the plunge then, once i fully understand the instructions from Digital-Eliteboard.

5 minutes ago, 337 said:

I might take the plunge then, once i fully understand the instructions from Digital-Eliteboard.

You have to, otherwise you make a brick from your unit if you will have question any time welcome to ask, for me it was first time also) if you have same MIB2.5 high with SW1440 unit evrything already done you just need only d-link lan adaptor

Edited by RomanB

@RomanB Once the Sport information menu is activated, do you get the all the gages from the Off road mode in the same menu? Simple assumption, since your picture shows the coolant temp, which is available from Off road mode (which can be activated with VCDS). 

Do I understand correcly?

35 minutes ago, Bap33 said:

@RomanB Once the Sport information menu is activated, do you get the all the gages from the Off road mode in the same menu? Simple assumption, since your picture shows the coolant temp, which is available from Off road mode (which can be activated with VCDS). 

NO, it is another menu appear after MIB was patched if you swap left or right you will see lap counter as a part of this sport monitor, will make a photo tomorrow

Edited by RomanB
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Bap33 said:

20201028_104451.jpg

On 31/10/2020 at 12:40, MartiniB said:

me to

But the updates happen when? CW25 and supposedly CW45? I was searching this statement on skoda webpage, but couldn't find it...

On 02/11/2020 at 14:57, MartiniB said:

@Jakec

no need of visit Škoda portal when direct link is known

check dates in tread of previous updates

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/481746-columbus-map-update-2020-2021-mib1mib2mib2h/

"Published:" comes later than "Downloadable:"

Edited by Jakec

I've run a bottle of STP fuel system cleaner through mine........as it's running ****e, to the extent that I think the turbo (or just the actuator) is gone or malfunctioning. It has very little initial boost.........you wouldn't be able to kick the ESP in on a wet road but if I treat the throttle gently it will build up a head of steam.

I had it into my Skoda dealer for a full service and asked them to check it out but they said it was fine and not showing any errors or codes. I'm sorry Skoda.......but I know when my 190ps 400nm diesel is not boosting properly. It seems fairly intermitent with how bad it boosts.

Is there any known foibles or issues with this 190 engine or am I looking at jammed vnt flaps that have screwed up the electric actuator.

To be clear.......it hasn't gone into full limp mode yet.

Throttle body....EGR......boost pipe.........someone please throw me a bone!!!!!

@k.young Hi, I also drive a TDI190. To me, this should not be a turbo (or its actuator indeed) issue, since this would raise a fault code.

The EGR valves is probably not frozen (otherwise, it would also raise a fault code too). But it may be partially 'clogged' or dirty.

Just a question: Do you some time press the throttle pedal generously :devil: to 'clean' the whole exhaust line (incl. EGR valve)?

Upon warm engine, make frank accelerations in low gears to get rid of soot around EGR valve. ;) 

• Like 1

I didn't do anything, but a rock decided to hit the windscreen and left two small little pit marks. They're like dead pixels on a screen, once seen never unseen.

4 days into my ownership, must be a world record. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFck. Someone make me feel better with their stone chip story! :D