What have you done to your Superb III today?

On 17/09/2020 at 15:41, lowey said:

Busy week this week, car has been in the workshop again today for some more work....theirs numerous threads regards retrofit of the rear view camera but i wasn't confident enough to buy the kit and give it a go myself like some have so i took it to a local guy and in under 2 hours i was on my way home and another box ticked 

received_1270335693305494.jpeg

received_3235584449811983.jpeg

Hey that's a pretty good price, and if your pictures were anything to say, it's a high line camera with the washer spray? It's not too far from me so I might take a plunge and go for it too, though is your Superb a hatchback of estate? Did they take any pictures of the wiring/installation? And how'd you spend those hours waiting?

42 minutes ago, SomethingSuperbly said:

Hey that's a pretty good price, and if your pictures were anything to say, it's a high line camera with the washer spray? It's not too far from me so I might take a plunge and go for it too, though is your Superb a hatchback of estate? Did they take any pictures of the wiring/installation? And how'd you spend those hours waiting?

I can confirm the camera is high line, the installer did mention a washer spray but Im not entirely sure how this works. My Superb is a hatchback and I have no idea if any pictures were taken of the wiring/installation I’m afraid. As I’m local I literally dropped the car off and went to a friends and waited for a call to say it was completed. Their is a waiting area if you’d prefer to stay but it’s an industrial area so not a lot to do but you could catch a taxi into town. To be honest 2 hours isn’t that long to wait in my opinion but then again I didn’t.

18 minutes ago, lowey said:

I can confirm the camera is high line, the installer did mention a washer spray but Im not entirely sure how this works. My Superb is a hatchback and I have no idea if any pictures were taken of the wiring/installation I’m afraid. As I’m local I literally dropped the car off and went to a friends and waited for a call to say it was completed. Their is a waiting area if you’d prefer to stay but it’s an industrial area so not a lot to do but you could catch a taxi into town. To be honest 2 hours isn’t that long to wait in my opinion but then again I didn’t.

Thanks for replying, no problems about the photos I'm just trying to see how professional, well, tidy they are in their work. They have the reversing mat which is a good sign and their workshop looks tidy. The local Skoda dealership quoted me £500 and how it would take 2 working days for them to fit a "high line" camera with no washer if the photos were anything to go by, they had no idea what kind of camera it would be until they got it in.

I think the washer works either when you put it into reverse gear, similar to how the rear wiper will activate when you put the car into reverse gear or when you turn on the rear washer,

2 hours is actually a great time all things considered, it'll take me just under 3 hours to get there. I think there are one or two cafes within walking distance too.

Edited by SomethingSuperbly
  • Like 1

Got round to doing a few bits and pieces I've been meaning to do for a while.

Fitted the footrest cover to match the pedals and a rear bumper protector from Superskoda.

Also having taken inspiration from threads on here (particularly Gizmo's very helpful VCDS tried and tested thread 👍) made a few adaptations via OBDeleven.

Have activated traffic sign recognition, easy entry/exit on the drivers seat, Scandinavian DRL, refuel quantity on dashboard and DRL on/off option in infotainment.

Point Blur_Sep202020_182331.jpg

20200920_165400.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Max M4X WW said:

Which footrest cover is that? Didn't think they listed one on superskoda? I got one for £13 for my Leon on AliExpress!

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/SUPERB-III/Superb-III-RHD-OEM-footrest-deadpedal-SPORTLINE-version-RHD

It's a little narrower than the original but fits fine.

On 18/09/2020 at 22:14, MICKSVRS said:

Okay, I'll definitely do those badges tomorrow morning.

Had a sh1te day that started with a kerb.....

Thankfully this has been now fixed. 

Black badges fitted and they look, well, Superb!

Both circular ones need most work, the Skoda and the Superb were simple to be fair. 

0C5FA7F8-9401-41FF-9009-D0850C3EB084.jpeg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Not a bad long term average for a 360bhp petrol car. Wife took the 49.0mpg shot on her phone after 190 miles on the way to Newquay.

C72D23AF-110D-4DCC-838E-9C36FF977F74.jpeg

60A11079-1105-471A-8C9D-A73D624129FD.jpeg

That 7th cog on the DSG & Eco driving mode makes a difference. Mine has only 6 cogs & since adopting Eco drive mode & having now done a few longer trips it is now up to an avg 36mpg (up from 25mpg avg with just local roads & sport mode). 

• Like 1

New tyres today for the front. Runway Enduro hp from Camskill. I had never heard of them but they came on the car a couple of years ago and have proved to be a very good budget tyre. The best thing about them is very low noise at 67db.

Given the tyre fitter had his grubby mitts on them gave the car a good clean and sealant wax.

IMG_20200925_141117_compress49.jpg

IMG_20200925_141037_compress46.jpg

• Like 2

Fitted new rear discs and pads; the nearside outer surface had rusted and worn that pad out, the others were ok. 

1040643432_Superbdiscs1.thumb.jpg.d2a8fc9142adacb9dd67d462bbe20db8.jpg

Close-up of the rusty disc, it took quite some persuasion to get this one off the hub

1939444616_Superbdiscs2.thumb.jpg.7b7ab165e58a9ea315ab193bbcc260c5.jpg

Guess which pad was on the rusty surface?

1482048778_Superbdiscs3.thumb.jpg.4f61b682d4ae3ad62dbd95c8a6e257ab.jpg

Much better now

2024539004_Superbdiscs4.thumb.jpg.cf435031f200f37d5e6d3f0851839625.jpg

On 24/09/2020 at 10:24, shyVRS245 said:

Not a bad long term average for a 360bhp petrol car. Wife took the 49.0mpg shot on her phone after 190 miles on the way to Newquay.

C72D23AF-110D-4DCC-838E-9C36FF977F74.jpeg

60A11079-1105-471A-8C9D-A73D624129FD.jpeg

Was your wife driving or sitting on your lap?

Ooooer matron!!!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

I should be so lucky to quote Kylie. She managed to hold her phone steady enough and got it clear and just in the right position following my verbal instruction only , like a good blind dog............:D

I do admire your fuel consumption considering that power horse. 😉

• Thanks 1

Bumper protector strip. Bought on AliExpress so it’ll probably fall off before it wears off. 

The quality doesn’t seem too bad  but time will tell.

I will probably get the one from Superskoda. 

what do you think?

7FBC7F39-73C6-4C0D-B2F5-47A0C8981F9A.jpeg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MICKSVRS said:

Bumper protector strip. Bought on AliExpress so it’ll probably fall off before it wears off. 

what do you think?

As the prostitute said to the Bishop "some protection is better than no protection your shyness". :angel:

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, MICKSVRS said:

what do you think?

Looks a better fit than the SS one I got from Amazon. Despite copious amounts of 3m double sided tape it keeps lifting off the bumper due to the tension in the metal which is not a good fit to the contour of the bumper.

• Like 1

On 21/09/2020 at 10:51, MICKSVRS said:

Thankfully this has been now fixed. 

Black badges fitted and they look, well, Superb!

Both circular ones need most work, the Skoda and the Superb were simple to be fair. 

Can you post some pics of the new badges when you get a chance - I've got black ones on order from Superskoda myself, plus one of the colour coded round ones.

My thought was to omit the Skoda lettering and just do Superb on the right of the boot lid. Not sure whether to just delete the 4x4 too - for even more of the sleeper look. Decisions decisions!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Just said:

Can you post some pics of the new badges when you get a chance - I've got black ones on order from Superskoda myself, plus one of the colour coded round ones.

My thought was to omit the Skoda lettering and just do Superb on the right of the boot lid. Not sure whether to just delete the 4x4 too - for even more of the sleeper look. Decisions decisions!

Here you go 👍

F84E2197-68C3-4DC2-B6A2-40034D24CF1E.jpeg

D2399077-D01F-4C65-80AE-020899DA3798.jpeg

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, MICKSVRS said:

Here you go 👍

F84E2197-68C3-4DC2-B6A2-40034D24CF1E.jpeg

D2399077-D01F-4C65-80AE-020899DA3798.jpeg

Thanks. Looks great! Especially the black on white.

Is the round badge one of the ones from Superskoda - they're advertised as front only, but I've read some say that they fit the bootlid fine too.

You say the letters were easy - did you just do one at a time or peel them all off together. Sorry for all the questions!

Cheers

• Like 1