What have you done to your Superb III today?

5 minutes ago, kriva said:

How did you perform the update yourself? VCP or ODIS? And where do you get the files required?

thanks!

You just need an SD and copy the files across. I got them from someone on here - they're 1.5GB so I'll need to find a decent way of sharing 

2 hours ago, kriva said:

How did you perform the update yourself? VCP or ODIS? And where do you get the files required?

thanks!

There’s a thread in the octavia 3 forum about amundsen firmware that you can post the relevant images in and Pab567 should be able to send you a link to download.

Hadn’t considered the fact it would be based on a facelift version now so I guess mine was probably on one of the latest versions for the car being a 2018 registration pre facelift sportline rather than the later sportline plus but guessing it’s not going to matter much.

as it didn’t fix my issue anyway I may see if it’s possible to go back just in case....

On 04/10/2020 at 07:13, Bap33 said:

I've upgraded a 2nd key for my kessy to get chromed parts as the 1st key... Bought on Ali...

Before (3rd key actually) / After (2nd key)... 

img_3463-57c1f7a.jpg

Looks exactly what I'm looking to do. Want to make the 2nd key look like the 1st Chrome key. Did you just get the chrome top and bottom parts and replaced them or did you have to order the full case of the key and swap the inside to the arrived case? Also, tried to search Ali but didn't come up with good results - any pointers?

@MAlex  I fact, it was a gift (thus no link to share, sorry). It was a full case. But I've just taken the chrome parts from the 'Ali' key to install them on the OEM key, Indeed the OEM key is a better quality one regarding the buttons and adjustments.

I only used one trick on the OEM key to remove the lower part, since it's fixed with a very thin torx screw. I've filed a 1.5mm diameter nail to give it a kind of hex-drive shape. ;) 

Note: the 'Ali' key is not a Skoda one, but a VW one (it's delivered with a small logo sticker). To remove the Skoda logo, I've warmed it a bit (I simply rubbed it with a smooth clothe to soften the glue) and used a thin scalpel to unstick it. ;) 

So I was curious n got Gandalf an ECS Diverter Valve Spacer, to get some turbo whooshes.
The installation was easy - took me less than 10 mins.
The results - not loud at all.  In fact, u hardly hear it most times.  It's discreet and doesn't draw any unwanted attention 😊
If the car was tuned to a Stg 1 or 2, or if it were a Manual, then it would've been heard a lot more louder.

Or maybe a CAI too.

It's not designed to give an performance gains.

Nonetheless, happy with it 👍

IMG_09102020_112344_(1080_x_1440_pixel).thumb.jpg.51293a4b391fa23fd2b9cf0ff0aeb5cd.jpg

IMG_09102020_112326_(1080_x_1495_pixel).thumb.jpg.dc557641ce76a5e3d7138a2ce3e080af.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Martin201 said:

[...]
The 4X4 to me means Off-road which isn’t what I got the 280 for.

[...]

It's a point of view.

May be considering many Sportscars or Supercars are also AWD or 4WD could help changing your mind.

Some examples: Audi R8, Lamborghini Aventador, Porsche Carrera 4S, Bentley Continental GT, Aston Martin DB11 AMR... None are meant for Off-road... ;) 

• Like 1

I picked up these earlier in the month, the silver one was something of a gift and then the black one which I bought much later on. The silver one is pretty heavy and somewhat unfinished, you can sorta see from how huge the bracket is with the leather strap going through it, you also have your key fob indicator concealed.

The black one I got from aliexpress is much nicer and feels more finished, it makes the old key fob look new (you can see how the middle buttons are kinda bulging out from use). I'm just considering if I should get a leather Superb strap from eBay to complete the look.

20201006_185106 - Copy.jpg

20201006_185038 - Copy.jpg

• Like 1

So I gave my door handles a "facelift", just like the ones found in the Superb facelift.......but it only cost me $6 for the roll, from AliExpress 😉

IMAG5173.thumb.jpg.e734883e4f5cc18a6fb556b32d7bb0e9.jpg

IMAG5175.thumb.jpg.dfe7cc6d5049e286d64f1b71e8b21115.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JR RS said:

So I gave my door handles a "facelift", just like the ones found in the Superb facelift.......but it only cost me $6 for the roll, from AliExpress 😉

Looks pretty good. Which ones where they on Ali?

It's a chrome strip roll that is designed to slot between the cracks.

So I trimmed this to fit.

AU $6.09  49%OFF | Car Interior Decorative Thread Stickers Trim Strip For Ford Focus 2 3 Fiesta Mondeo Kuga Citroen C4 C5 Skoda Octavia Rapid Fabia
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLhM0EF

I bouht myself a Macchina M2 and wanted something to play aorund with. I tapped into the two CAN BUSes on the MIB (convenience andinfotainment) and with a little bit of pointing arounf using SavvyCAN i was able t isolated the packets teh MIB was sending to the BCM.

Attached is a video of the ambient light colors cycling by themselves (well with the help of my laptop ;)). Originally i was going to go for the LIN BUS directly but at least this way i get the colours on the screen/dash instead of just the hardware lights.

Possibilities from this poking around are controller for normal 12v RGB strip that is linked to the ambient lighting or bluetooth app with RGB colour wheel for maximum colours - any other ideas?

20201015_133217.jpg

20201015_133224.jpg

20201015_133236.jpg

20201015_142313.jpg

20201015_143247.jpg

I wish I had even the slightest clue of what you are talking about, I was hoping the video might explain but there does not appear to be one, just a start arrow that goes to the end of 8 seconds of nothingness.

1 minute ago, J.R. said:

I wish I had even the slightest clue of what you are talking about, I was hoping the video might explain but there does not appear to be one, just a start arrow that goes to the end of 8 seconds of nothingness.

There's a download option and there it basically shows what he wrote it does: the ambient lighting changing automatically without manually selecting the Back-ground lighting option.

23 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Try this

There isn't much to see. I was going to stick up a seperate thread but was too lazy 🤣

1 hour ago, SomethingSuperbly said:

Interesting, how'd you do it? Wouldn't this be something that would get done during a service?

Also curious as to what improvements or changes there are.

Hi first of all you need to get VAS adapter a got from here vas 5054 aviliable in UK, then you need to instal ODIS enginering i got from odis eng for win10 then you need to check what is the last availiable SW for your components here then need to find these SW here or here, after that you need just run ODIS engine chose Flash and choise right project and uptdate required SW or just visit oficial dealer

• Like 1