Latest spec

1 minute ago, RickTT said:

Is that google earth though rather than Google maps as i thought they were 2 different products 

Hmm did not notice that. It say Google earth in Owners manual, so my bad :-) 

49 minutes ago, shootek said:

Hmm did not notice that. It say Google earth in Owners manual, so my bad :-) 

However the picture on the jpeg could be earth or maps with satellite view enabled..

Maybe theres no need for earth now with google maps now supporting satellite view with Android auto.....

On 28/08/2018 at 11:36, Brackenwood said:

I was looking at the latest spec for the L&K on Carwow and it lists as having both xenon and led headlights. It also mentions speed restrictor on downhill and illuminated door handles. Anyone know whether it is led or xenon and what are the last two?

Does the illuminated handles specify it is the external handles as others have mentioned?  As mine has the interior handles that are illuminated.

On 30/08/2018 at 03:32, shootek said:

In the document (pdf) above.

image.png.7b16d95f77de961cc778533db9937bd0.png

Ive been lurking the threads waiting on firm news of the MY19 availability but the removal of Google Earth functionality has me intrigued! 

Is this a major loss? Was google earth useful or better than default sat nav or say using Apple maps via Airplay?

ive not had either option prior to considering a Superb so not sure how good or not this feature was. 

with latest iOS 12 reads you’ll be able to use 3rf party apps like Google Maps or Waze anyway so I suppose Skoda thought it was Simply Clever to save on some licensing fees :-)

Edited by Matteus
Spello

Google earth just looks ‘nicer’ but I prefer Google Maps which you aren’t able to use until the new OS release. Obviously it uses more data though.

If you have a Skoda connected setup (with sim slot) then you’ll get RTTI anyway without (or with) a phone. :thumbup:

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

The google Earth feature is novel but not much use really.

I hope the ambient light colour according to driving mode is something i can program down the line (again, novel, not much use, but distinctly more entertaining lol).

I don't feel i'll really be missing much RE digital display. However our X3 had heads up display on the windscreen and its great. that would be something i'd hanker for tho retrofit would be prohibitively expensive.