MKIII Superb heated windscreen.

Looking for your help regarding the Windscreen on your Suberb. The ŠKODA Part No. 3V0845011AJNVB (My Windscreen) is the standard glass for a vehicle fitted with Camera.

What I am trying to order is ŠKODA Part No. 3V0845011AENVB (heated DOT617 M456 AS1, (E8) 43R - 003993, IR-H/A E000234 ∙∙∙∙∙∙ 6) which is the windscreen as per the pictures in this thread and has the camera area also.

We do not have this Windscreen in Australia, however ŠKODA Parts have advised that they can order it for me.

So I was hoping if someone has a 2015 - 2019 Superb (pre-facelift) with the Heated Windscreen (and Camera) would you mind contacting your local ŠKODA Parts department with your VIN Number and confirm the part number that is on your vehicle for me please.

It should be ŠKODA Part No. 3V0845011AENVB but I need to confirm this before they order.

I am not looking to use it as a "heated" windscreen, I am looking replace mine with this due to the "heat rejection" properties it has over the standard windscreen.

I hope all this makes sense and I thank you in advance.

I have managed to find a VIN No. of a UK spec Superb L&K with the Heated Windscreen.

I will send an email to a UK dealer to confirm the part number of the windscreen.

Hopefully I am on the right track and can organise this soon.

Edited by ope126

I had the heated screen, I don't think the heat reflection works that well, if at all.

The car is a metal box and in the sun it will get hot, the aircon keeps it cool unless it is parked.

43 minutes ago, IJWS15 said:

I had the heated screen, I don't think the heat reflection works that well, if at all.

The car is a metal box and in the sun it will get hot, the aircon keeps it cool unless it is parked.

Thanks for your input.

I have had confirmation from a UK ŠKODA Dealership that Part No. 3V0845011AE NVB is the correct part number for the Heated Windscreen (and also suits both Sedan and Wagon).

• 2 weeks later...

An update: My claim has been approved and I am able to order the Heated Windscreen.

The part number of the Windscreen to be ordered; ŠKODA Part No. 3V0845011AE NVB (heated windscreen).

I have been advised that delivery to Australia could be 4 - 6 weeks (due to COVID restrictions), that is fine (as it is a non-stocked item).

I have confirmation that the screen is suitable for my vehicle and will fit (I will not be connecting the wire for the heating element), I am only using the Glass for its Heat Reflective Properties.

However my local SKODA dealer has said that there might be an issue with calibrating the camera once the new screen is fitted.

They are not worried about the installation, or the fact the screen will not be wired in to a module or coded (given I do not have the switch it will not work without the new A/C control panel).

But what they are worried about is the calibration of the cameras as they have never done this in Australia (as we do not get this screen / option in Australia).

Is this a valid concern? I would assume the triangle cut out for the camera would have "standard glass", thus making the calibration identical (as all pictures look clear and not the reflective look in the small triangle section)?

Any thoughts on this guys?

• 3 weeks later...

Claim Approved, Windscreen ordered...

The part number of the Windscreen ordered; ŠKODA Part No. 3V0845011AE NVB (heated windscreen).

I have been advised that delivery to Australia is likely to be 10 weeks (due to COVID restrictions), that is fine (as it is a non-stocked item).

Now have 10 weeks to figure out the finer details regarding the Calibration of the screen.

If anyone has a contact in SKODA service that might be able to assist one of your Australian counterparts with the confirmation of the Calibration procedure (whether it is the same or different), as non Australian spec vehicles have Heated front windscreens.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

I know it's a bit of a thread resurrection, but thanks for coming back to post this info. 

The local Skoda franchised stealer were spectacularly unhelpful in telling me that 3V0845011AE NVB was not a heated windscreen and refused to give me the part number for a heated windscreen. Fortunately, your post gave me the courage to pull the trigger on one with that exact part number which (lo and behold) does have connectors at the bottom of the screen for the heating element... 

• Like 1

So I now have the first and only Superb MKIII in Australia with a Heated Windscreen!!!

I might also look to get a different Climate Control module and sww about coding in the "Heated" feature.

But for me, it was all about the heat rejection properties of the Glass.

And it has been proven with light guages for a window tint company that the front glass is equielant of a 35% window film and provided 99.9% UV protection.

The window was ordered 28th July and only arrived in Australia on the 12th Nov.

The fitment and calibration all went well.

Love the look!

20201117_134904.jpg

20201117_134911.jpg

• Like 4

Had a Passat with the "visible wires" heated windscreen and a tomtom worked fine under it, as they did in a couple of Fiesta's the wife had with similar heated screens.  Never tried a tomtom in the Superb but the phone GPS works fine under it as does my Nextbase dash cam.  

Had a Renault Laguna pool car a few (many) years ago with a heat reflective screen and my Bluetooth GPS receiver didn't get a signal under it. 

If I get some time will charge one of the old TomToms up and see what the difference is.

• 1 year later...
14 minutes ago, Superb2018 said:

When I bought the car, the glass looked pink. now the glass has been replaced and now the glass is green. but the glass heater works. the numbers on the glass are all the same

Not sure about that, mine is pink-ish, and has front heated glass, a buddy of mine has the same car, no heated front glass and its green..

1 hour ago, Superb2018 said:

When I bought the car, the glass looked pink. now the glass has been replaced and now the glass is green. but the glass heater works. the numbers on the glass are all the same

I think the original glass is by St Gobain, was the replacement too?  Different firms will have slightly different coatings and therefore colours.. 

7 hours ago, Superb2018 said:

They’ve probably fitted the incorrect screen then.

the numbers will be the same as these are just glass spec, not part numbers or heater element details.

if you open the bonnet and gently lift the corner of the trim under the wiper arm, you should see 2 plugs on the outer most edges, if they ain’t plugged in, you’ve got the wrong glass