Si's clio 172 budget track car

SNH

2 hours ago, JLawson90 said:

about time we had an update haha .. man I bet thats fun to fling around

only nipped round the block but it wasn’t bad :D 

had to raise it a touch and definitely needs the tracking doing. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Has now developed an issue, i had an injector failing (poor resistance) so swapped to a known good one a while back. Tested them again today and had one with poor resistance again so swapped that out for another good one, ran the car to test for leaks then retested them. Same one has poor resistance yet again. 

Not sure whether its an injector issue or some underlying issue somewhere else so need to look into this. 

Its always the same injector (cam belt end) hoping its not wiring as i hate that :D

Edited by SNH
  • Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...

Injector issue fixed and running sweet. 

Last part of the puzzle arrived so its now mot ready :)

Its been a year of ups and downs, head scratching and at times I've questioned my sanity but its finally done! 

Few little bits to tweak once its mot'd but now i can sit back and enjoy it.

FB_IMG_1576437567466.jpg

FB_IMG_1576437571246.jpg

FB_IMG_1576437574925.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

That must be a World First. Bicycle carrying track car, handy if you crash you could cycle back to the pits unless you roll it of course.

It will be my daily too so has everyday duties to do :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/03/2019 at 19:51, shyVRS245 said:

Flocked to within an inch of it's life. Who needs Alcantara. Should reduce sun glare to a minimum though.:clap:

Hell! I just used black chalk-board paint on my Mk2 Cooper S rally car.

• 2 weeks later...

600 miles in and some teething issues at the beginning. new leads, coolant temp sensor and coil pack and its all good. 

Bit bonkers for road use and you have to plan your journey to miss some of the crappy potholed B roads but its a laugh non the less :D

• 2 weeks later...

Pokey multispokes are sold and I've gone back in time with some oldschool classic kn dytec 5 spokes from back in the day :)

Still 15" but the perfect specs 7x15 et35. 

They went straight to paint to tidy them up i just need to order some accellera 651 sport semi slicks and itll be ready for cadwell in march 

IMG_20200213_213847_149.jpg

On 17/02/2020 at 18:30, Paul thornton said:

A guy I used to work with back in the mid 90's had KN dynas on a nissan 200sx. Looked very similar to yours iirc.

I was always on the lookout for 5/6 spokes and fancied azev A's but couldnt find any in 15" then these popped up and i couldnt resist :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Its been a while. 

Hope everyone is doing well in the current situation :)

Me personally I'm furloughed and actually loving the time of. 

I've got a few bits done, new 16mm spacers up front which caused me some headaches with catching but a bit of chopping has sorted that. 

Even more wiring gone and the lower dash has lost even more. 

20200421_101748.jpg

20200420_184528.jpg

20200420_184502.jpg

20200419_170115.jpg

20200419_181947.jpg

Edited by SNH
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, MarkyG82 said:

Any idea how much weight you've dropped? How does the suspension hold up with reduced preload effect?

Its lost about 200kg maybe a bit more up to yet. It was 950kg last time i had it weighed but its lost some more since then. 

Suspension is brilliant and ive not had it setup properly yet so can only get better hopefully. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Lockdown has seen things get totally out of hand now :D

6kg of excess wiring removed just from the interior loom, all properly de pinned. Took me 3 days off careful planning. 

Complete heater system removed an will be replaced with a lightweight one from t7design. 

Roof vent decided on as it gets pretty warm with only front sliders to let air in (even when it had a heater).

Rest of the lower dash trimmed to a minimum.

20200521_180458.jpg

20200520_190457.jpg

20200520_190510.jpg

Edited by SNH
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

So it seems the equine business mrs and her mate have started during lockdown has got off to a great start meaning we need a van so this little thing is up for sale/swap.

I'm after a caddy van (£3500 swap value) or I'll take £3250 for this cash.

It owes me a hell of a lot more and i don't really want to let it go but she sold her x5 to start the business so.its only fair i help out. 

• Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...