New Brochure Sept 2018 rationalised range

11 minutes ago, BlockABoots said:

How much more is the premium for the 245 over standard vRS, as always seems a bit odd as even with a normal vRS you can get it up to 300bhp on a single map. Now im not sure whats cheaper standard vRS with remap or getting a 245?

Not sure about the price difference over there but the diff and 7 speed gearbox (which really is a peach) more than make up for it

3 hours ago, BlockABoots said:

How much more is the premium for the 245 over standard vRS, as always seems a bit odd as even with a normal vRS you can get it up to 300bhp on a single map. Now im not sure whats cheaper standard vRS with remap or getting a 245?

MY19 will all be 245s. The 230 motor has been dropped from the VRS and Golf GTi.

3 hours ago, BlockABoots said:

When new the 245 was about £2,400 more than a 230 but has a much higher spec so should be more desirable used.

Not in the VRS - 4X4 - DSG spec i want with some of the options i would like, also in the ' right ' colour, if i went for a standard spec FWD one and was not too picky on colour i could have one by next week, but there is no rush in reality and if i did compromise i would be guaranteed to see what i wanted the next weekend after i had purchased !

3 minutes ago, Hudson1 said:

Not in the VRS - 4X4 - DSG spec i want with some of the options i would like, also in the ' right ' colour, if i went for a standard spec FWD one and was not too picky on colour i could have one by next week, but there is no rush in reality and if i did compromise i would be guaranteed to see what i wanted the next weekend after i had purchased !

We have just put on offer in on a house today and don't want to view anymore just in case we see something better for less LOL.:crying:

• Like 1

Cars leased for 3 years are not likely to be up for sale until after 3 years, so that would be 2019 on a 2016 model.

& for the great cars bought as keepers they are not likely to be for sale for a good while and if they are they will be snapped up, 

as the salespeople say,

'We have a customer for your car',  they say that even when they have not and they just want you to trade in and buy / lease the ones that are not shifting.

2 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

We have just put on offer in on a house today and don't want to view anymore just in case we see something better for less LOL.:crying:

If that house is 100% what you want then why would anything else come up that's better to tempt you..... but..... if you accepted 2nd or 3rd best then that would be foolish, i on the other hand get what i want and don't accept '' also ran's''.

Edited by Hudson1

21 minutes ago, Hudson1 said:

If that house is 100% what you want then why would anything else come up that's better to tempt you..... but..... if you accepted 2nd or 3rd best then that would be foolish, i on the other hand get what i want and don't accept '' also ran's''.

Because... buyers remorse is a bitch! :D

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, TheWanderer said:

Has anyone heard anything about the vRS becoming available again.

I'm getting a bit concerned as my PCP is coming to an end and no sign of the new model becoming available.:crying:

The 2.0 petrol with 190PS is now listed (L&K/SEL) so I would expect the VRS to be along fairly soon. 

• 4 months later...

• 1 year later...
On 04/02/2019 at 12:46, SurreyJohn said:

I have searched for this for a while, so I'm much obliged for this post. 👍:)