Disable Adaptive Cruise Control Undertake Feature

Felvo

Hi All,

Noticed a feature i'm looking to disable via. VCDS or OBDEleven.

My vehicle is RHD, When travelling on a motorway and passing a vehicle that is on my right, my vehicle will brake suddenly to match that vehicles speed, or if they are in the right turning off the motorway, my car will use the AEB and lower my speed dramatically.

In Australia the road rules stipulate that passing a car on either side of it on a carriageway is legal providing it is safe to do so, especially if they are turning off the motorway.

It has been explained to me that in Europe it's enforceable by police not undertake and the roads are setup to cater for the feature safely.

It is to my understanding that touching the throttle will override, but this is so intermittent that I can't gauge when it's going to do it... Also defeats the purpose of Cruise Control and not touching the throttle!

This has put me in a couple of awkward situations. Anyone with insight on how to disable the feature so I can continue driving on motorways and country roads safely in Australia would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Luke.

1 minute ago, ian_feel_keepin_it_reel said:

What kind of motorway has exits on the inside? 

M5 bexley NSW 

Hume Highway into basically every country town NSW

M4 James ruse drive NSW

1 minute ago, ian_feel_keepin_it_reel said:

Quite a few. A1/M18 has 4 lanes that split off in two. If you're in the left hand lane staying on the A1, the right hand lane going down the M18 is on your left.

45 minutes ago, ian_feel_keepin_it_reel said:

M8 thru Glasgow has several right-hand exits.  And bloody dangerous it is too !

Wasn't aware of this 'undertake' feature but as I'm travelling thru Glasgow tomorrow...

Edited by Guest

Aren't there any settings in the infotainment system relating to this, or is it literally set a speed/distance and off you go?

I'm sure I've read that the Kodiaq had something that you can disable certain things? 

Failing that, I think you can teach the car to ignore situations like this by tapping the accelerator or pulling on the stalk.

Of course, this is all hearsay as I don't own a ACC equipped car... yet.

6 minutes ago, SC03OTT said:

I think some people need to have a read up on what the inside and outside lanes of a motorway are. 

Lol I keep on confusing the two so made a point of saying Left Hand/Right Hand lane just in case ;)

1 minute ago, gRoberts said:

Lol I keep on confusing the two so made a point of saying Left Hand/Right Hand lane just in case ;)

My top tip. Imagine sitting in the drivers seat and sticking your arms out to the side. Which hand is inside the car and which is outside the car. This will reveal the answer :)  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gRoberts said:

Aren't there any settings in the infotainment system relating to this, or is it literally set a speed/distance and off you go?

I'm sure I've read that the Kodiaq had something that you can disable certain things? 

Failing that, I think you can teach the car to ignore situations like this by tapping the accelerator or pulling on the stalk.

Of course, this is all hearsay as I don't own a ACC equipped car... yet.

No settings for undertake in Columbus.

I work for Skoda and there’s not a voluntary option to switch it off.

You can force it by tapping throttle or ACC stalk, but it doesn’t learn as it’s an enforceable rule. It works the same as front assist, you can’t train it to ignore other cars.

Its a bit of an odd one, but ultimately am looking for a coding expert to tell me the bits and bytes to change to make it forget the rule.

1 minute ago, Felvo said:

No settings for undertake in Columbus.

I work for Skoda and there’s not a voluntary option to switch it off.

You can force it by tapping throttle or ACC stalk, but it doesn’t learn as it’s an enforceable rule. It works the same as front assist, you can’t train it to ignore other cars.

Its a bit of an odd one, but ultimately am looking for a coding expert to tell me the bits and bytes to change to make it forget the rule.

I'm sure you'll have found a solution before hand but as soon as mine arrives, I'll hook it up and take a look around.

3 hours ago, SC03OTT said:

My top tip. Imagine sitting in the drivers seat and sticking your arms out to the side. Which hand is inside the car and which is outside the car. This will reveal the answer :)  

If you don't have window down or door open, both hands are in the car:dry:

On 18/09/2018 at 02:26, Felvo said:

My vehicle is RHD, When travelling on a motorway and passing a vehicle that is on my right, my vehicle will brake suddenly to match that vehicles speed, or if they are in the right turning off the motorway, my car will use the AEB and lower my speed dramatically.

The ACC doesn't do that on my 2015 Octavia, it will quite happily speed past a slower vehicle on the right - when in traffic queues of course!

Maybe your radar is pointing slightly to the  right so it thinks that vehicle is obstructing you?

4 hours ago, PetrolDave said:

The ACC doesn't do that on my 2015 Octavia, it will quite happily speed past a slower vehicle on the right - when in traffic queues of course!

Maybe your radar is pointing slightly to the  right so it thinks that vehicle is obstructing you?

Negative.

This is a feature on them. Mines an 18 build facelift. You get an image on maxidot when it does it of your cars bonnet in between two lanes and a vehicle to the right of the lane line in front.

5 hours ago, PetrolDave said:

Yes the feature doesn’t cut in with slow multi-lane traffic. It presumably cuts in above a certain speed.

11 hours ago, nicknorman said:

Yes the feature doesn’t cut in with slow multi-lane traffic. It presumably cuts in above a certain speed.

It doesn't happen at motorway speeds slightly over 70mph on my 2015 Octavia :sadsmile:

12 hours ago, Felvo said:

This is a feature on them. Mines an 18 build facelift. You get an image on maxidot when it does it of your cars bonnet in between two lanes and a vehicle to the right of the lane line in front.

Is it a "feature" only on FL models?

I don't get anything like that in the Maxidot on my 2015 model, even at motorway speeds slightly over 70mph.

Edited by PetrolDave

• 8 months later...

This 'feature' can be reliably turned off using VCDS or OBDeleven etc. instructions as below:-

Disable Overtaking on Right Prevention (Undertaking)
Allows ACC equipped RHD vehicles to overtake on the left side, which is blocked by default.

Adaptive Cruise Control (Module 13)
Long Coding
Overtaking_right_prevention
New Value Deactivated
Security code 20103

Trust this helps someone!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, z1ts said:

This 'feature' can be reliably turned off using VCDS or OBDeleven etc. instructions as below:-

Disable Overtaking on Right Prevention (Undertaking)
Allows ACC equipped RHD vehicles to overtake on the left side, which is blocked by default.

Adaptive Cruise Control (Module 13)
Long Coding
Overtaking_right_prevention
New Value Deactivated
Security code 20103

Trust this helps someone!

My RHD Octavia has always allowed the ACC to undertake from the day I collected it from the Skoda main dealer?

5 minutes ago, PetrolDave said:

My RHD Octavia has always allowed the ACC to undertake from the day I collected it from the Skoda main dealer?

Yes, so did my 2016 Seat Leon - but my 2018 Superb and my 2018 Leon both needed the 'tweak'

Some silly little 'extra' they put on. No doubt designed by someone who only rides a trike or something..... Obviously never needed to filter off a motorway on the inside lane!!!!!!

On 18/09/2018 at 02:26, Felvo said:

Hi All,

I

On my car it automatically stops you undertaking but tapping resume on the ACC stick will override this and allow an undertake. If you are paying attention properly you can undertake seamlessly with just a quick tap of the stick at the right moment.