Car-Systems Poland Park Pilot installation.

Might be worth adding the full description manually as they seem to wrap around?

Without seeing the full kit, what connectors it has and how many pins are on each it's hard to offer any good advice.

Have you checked the wiring diagram on erwin to see what that suggests?

That doesn't look like a MK2 Octavia button panel? You might be in the wrong section which explains the pin numbers being higher than I would have expected for a MK2.

The two connectors both have an inside that should slide out.

Once it's removed, there should be pin markings on either side to show the lowest/highest pin number. Simply count along until you find the right number and the pin should just slide in. You can then reassemble the connector and plug it into the module or button panel.

I expect only one of those two connectors will have 26 pins which should identify which goes to the parking module. The other connector should fit the button panel :)

Erm no.

Based on the labels:

- The blue and brown wires labelled as pin 2 and 10 will go to the 26 pin connector for the parking module.

- The blue and yellow wires labelled as pin 16 and 17 will go to the button panel connector. I'm not sure how many pins it'll have.

Hi me again

I still cant find where the blue and yellow pins 16 and 17 go, it says to the PDC push button connector. Does anyone know where this PDC might be situated in a MK3 Octavia?  Would it be the same unit (shown below) that the the two plugs above go into? or is it another PDC.

SKODA-OCTAVIA-MK3-5E-PDC-ECU-Parking.jpg

Edited by derekgray

Hi all

Thanks for all your help, I have now sorted out the wiring for the parking sensors with help from yourselves and the Erwin circuit diagrams, thats after I worked out how to use them. Still got to code the unit so still more problems to come on that front I expect.

Thanks again.

Well now to the coding, the info supplied by "Car-Systems" Poland appears to refer to an older version of VCDS. The version I am using is 18.2 and won't accept the coding supplied. Does anyone have any ideas on the coding required for this unit? Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

IMG_20181001_095505.jpg

20_max.jpg

21_max.jpg

27_max.jpg

Hi langers2k

My VCDS is the dark picture and its version 18.2.1, I think there is only one newer version available. Since posting my last I have discovered a menu called "Long Coding Helper" which is was what I was looking for, this allowed me to input the information supplied by "Car-Systems".

Now that I've done this I am able to test the beepers front and rear and the parking sensor light goes out once I start driving but that's about it, no sensor operation and nothing on the bolero display. There VCDS is out of date. So what now.

I have attached the latest scan.

Thanks in advance

20_max.jpg.599e305190a4fbfe134a7e68ca423890.jpg25_max.jpg.354f6d6c7d902b780799f9144f781ebb.jpg

Scan-TMBKG7NE3E0070343-20181001-1755-78434km-48736mi.txt

21_max.jpg

22_max.jpg

23_max.jpg

24_max.jpg

Your VCDS version (17.1.3.0) is almost two years out of date from the autoscan you posted so I'd definitely suggest updating to the current version (18.9.0).

The reason that the coding might look different in VCDS is because the module from the carsystems screenshot is 5Q0919294B but you have a 5Q0919294L.

Looking at the autoscan, I would:

- open address 19 (CAN gateway)

- click installation list

- add module 10 (park/steer assist)

It's not clear what your current coding is on module 10 as your screenshot and autoscan differ. At the very least I'd deselect auto transmission in byte 4 of module 10 as your car looks to be a manual. Once that's done, please:

- clear all the fault codes

- post a new autoscan

Hi langers2k

I did as you suggested and have attached the scan of before I did it and after I did it, there are also screenshots of my Long coding setup I think as per the Car-Systems instructions. Needless to say after all this it still is not working. And I have included a screenshot of where I have connected to the canbus (B391 and B384).

Thanks in advance.

Screen 1.png

Screen 2.png

Screen 3.png

Screen 4.png

Screen 5.png

Log-TMBKG7NE3E0070343.txt

Log-TMBKG7NE3E0070343a.txt

Screenshot (18).png

It might not be working yet but it's definitely progress. I'm happy that the parking module is probably coded and installed correctly.

Next stage is to look at 5F which is the headunit. I haven't got a list of bits/bytes for it but I'd start by checking the long coding for anything related.

Can you also post an adaption map up for 5F as I expect you'll need to tweak some parts. Instructions are below, the address will be 5F, you want an adaption map and ideally a CSV file.

http://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/tour/controller-channels-map.php