Lane assist Camera

Tezaman

• 1 month later...
On 03/10/2018 at 21:01, BoxerBoy said:

No

And by no, you mean yes...

In short, you'll need a new windscreen with the appropriate mount, the camera, some covers and possibly a new rear view mirror/rain light sensor. It'll then need wiring, coding and calibrating. Skoda don't sell the mount separately but in theory if you found one, you might be able to keep your existing windscreen. You still need to remove the old rear view mirror mount, remove the black paint/etch then repaint it.

There are probably some other caveats so as always, it's worth doing your own research too.

Yea , Yes!! i am printing this atm

https://www55.zippyshare.com/v/j0CSm9qk/file.html

and i am designing something to 3D print as well , i am not gonna change the Windscreen , no way!

my rain and light sensors are in place , i am not gonna do Anything at them, 

Edited by Tezaman

I’d like to see pictures of the finished article. 

This does show how different we all are through. This - for me - is way to much work to gain a system that isn’t particularly great anyway.  IMO of course. 

I've got lane assist & switched it off - got on my nerves !! A much better assist imo is the blind spot monitor, a real boon.

i got the instruction PDF from Kufatek for the  Cable Harness   ,  the images and some instructions are not well described,  langers2k  did you fit this cable on your own ?

for example the Ground Connection point , instructions says that have to be in the door section? there are plenty of ground points near the drivers side , where the can bus is located

Edited by Tezaman

I made my own cable and being a MK2 Octavia, the wiring is different. The CAN-gateway in my car is above the pedals in the drivers footwell, no idea where it would be on a Karoq but at a guess, it might be behind the glovebox?

Still, any decent ground point should be fine :)

14 hours ago, SC03OTT said:

I’d like to see pictures of the finished article. 

This does show how different we all are through. This - for me - is way to much work to gain a system that isn’t particularly great anyway.  IMO of course. 

I have to agree - I had this any many other extras on my Sportage First Edition.

This was the one I could very easily do without. I used it about twice in 18 months

10 minutes ago, Tezaman said:

mostly I am Doing this mod for The high beam Assist, and the lane assist comes next

Have you tried using them on a demo car? I have both lane assist and high beam assist. Both are turned off. 

Id wanting to be 100% sure I like the features before commuting to the work involved. 

High beam assist can be added in a much easier way...

You just need an new rear view mirror with a lowline camera built in. It should just replace the existing rear view mirror and needs CAN wiring adding

2 hours ago, Tezaman said:

mostly I am Doing this mod for The high beam Assist, and the lane assist comes next

Ah, now this did work extremely well on the Sportage and I did use it.

i was looking some prices on Ebay 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VW-3Q0980654G-3Q0980654-Frontkamera-FAS-Fahrassistenzsystem/263580726572?epid=0&hash=item3d5ea2b52c:g:7K8AAOSwXgxcAom2:rk:1:pf:0

its 150Euro less than kufatek and other online stores. 

Are they locked or something? the price diff is huge

Well one is an eBay breaker and the other is a shop. It's also not clear if the Kufatek part is new/used, which software and parameter set it has or even what part number it is!

Just to point out, you need to make sure the software and parameter set are correct for the Karoq to give the best performance. Neither can be done using VCDS but both should be possible with a dealer that knows what they're doing.

Have you done the obvious legwork and found an autoscan of a Karoq with lane assist to confirm exactly what part number is used?

Kufatek assured me that the camera is for my current VIN and my current car, plus is programmed also anyway we will see .

I am starting to design a bracket in Autocad , i wonder if you guys can measure the angle of the camera attached, 

1 hour ago, Tezaman said:

Kufatek assured me that the camera is for my current VIN and my current car, plus is programmed also anyway we will see .

Well that's where the price difference comes from. Be interested to see what they actually send :)

I can't help with the angle I'm afraid, you'll need to find a suitable Karoq to check against.

i want to remove this , handle in order to expose the RED anf Brown big plugs , and start installin the harness. its a slow procedure i have to tell!

image.png.2b5d15db64e890cb85ce0fcb6368c576.png

acording to the manual , what do you understand?

i tried with a plastic tool to remove the handle first , but it doesnt pops out

EDIT : TO answer my own Question

Edited by Tezaman