RS ordered

linni

1 hour ago, fuzzz said:

One thing is annoying, too bloody often have to visit dealer. 

My Superb has done 356 000 kilometers now and I haven`t paid any extra visit to dealer. Only  services in every 30 000 km. Sure, I have changed lots of stuff there (flywheel, wheel bearings, some sensors etc) but nothing urgent.

13 minutes ago, linni said:

Mhhh... I ticked also almost every box except Webasto and Trailer and Parking assist.

RS has lots of stuff in standard.

Webasto is a "must have" thing If it's possible. Never had it before. It's bloody convinient to enter to warm car and engine is warm aswell...new models are made cheap and from cheap materials unfortunately.Got my Kodiaq in march and right now both headlights are oily and dusty from inside. Dealer will change them, add blue error, leftside mirror light was full of water etc...These are ,lets say, baby errors and still love it:)

4 minutes ago, fuzzz said:

Webasto is a "must have" thing If it's possible.

Well, it depends.

I have a heated garage so I enter a warm car as well :)

I would have ordered Webasto, but in this case it excludes ceramic electric heater, which I will miss more than Webasto.

5 minutes ago, linni said:

Well, it depends.

I have a heated garage so I enter a warm car as well :)

I would have ordered Webasto, but in this case it excludes ceramic electric heater, which I will miss more than Webasto.

Warm garage is pure luxury;)

Hope you dont have to visit dealer as much as I do. We're waiting some pictures;)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Exactly 4 months after order my RS was produced at factory last Friday.

Another week to get it here and another few days to get all extras done.

(* extras - additional privacy glass, full noise reduction, ceramic coating, studded tires on extra wheel set)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Arkaig said:

Available from Superskoda @ €26.99.  :biggrin:

I`ll post tomorrow a picture with one real and one fake exhaust.

They don`t sell these at Superskoda :)

• Like 1

For £43,000 you'd think Skoda would have developed an RS badge then!

"It's alright lads, just stick the vRS badge on from the UK, that'll do!"

Must have been the same department in charge of exhaust pipes :D

• Haha 1

Just drove the RS yesterday. Not quite sure if I want to bother upgrading to be honest. Past 100kph the acceleration is only slightly better than my car; the demo only had about 250km on the clock though. Sounds quite nice though!

• Like 1

I must disagree here. I have 200+ PS diesel Superb II and RS goes much more easily after 100 kmh. One push and you already are beyond 160 kmh. Considering RS is also heavier.

Notice - my car has done only 110 km and engine is only began to run in.

2 hours ago, linni said:

I must disagree here. I have 200+ PS diesel Superb II and RS goes much more easily after 100 kmh. One push and you already are beyond 160 kmh. Considering RS is also heavier.

Notice - my car has done only 110 km and engine is only began to run in.

I must be too used to my tuned Golf R, hence why I'm looking to upgrade. 

At 1:23 it shows what appears to be the "Kodiaq" letters not being positioned correctly and the paint underneath the "K" and especially the "D" looks wonky. Or maybe I shouldn't be looking at a monitor after 10pm....

Interesting video though!

Will post some pics and small review next week after a short European trip.

So far I can say - it`s more than I expected in means of ride quality.

And variable steering - it`s brilliant. Must have option on any car.

• 2 weeks later...

After 2 weeks and 4000 kilometers a wee resume.

IMG_0828_1.thumb.jpg.fd9b7acd2582bbd144069b91f0bcb005.jpgIMG_0816_1.thumb.jpg.2a3c53f09d4337fca27f6d644713172a.jpgIMG_0813_1.thumb.jpg.b5f1c315a921909c665a0b7874bf5101.jpg

First - this is not a sports car, as some might expect. But this is a bloody fast family car.

First impressions - better than I expected, in many ways. The car keeps surprising.

Ride is very very good.  

Currently running on 18" winter wheels, but I don`t think the 20" summer set will make a big difference. Because it has DCC.

DCC does it`s job perfectly. No body roll on corners even at standard settings. No vibration on bad surface with Comfort setting. Quite gocart feeling at Spots mode

Sport seats are very comfortable.  Unlike the Superb II you can find right driving position behind the wheel in seconds.

Noise. I optioned noise cancelling front windows. Overall the noise level was good inside. Engine sound is muffeled, tire/road sound is here though. Biggest noise maker was the fake exhaust.

Got it to the company who made complete noise insulation. Road noise is gone, exhaust is quieter. But now you can hear some wind noise from the B pillar, as the saloon is too quiet.

Biggest surpriser is consuption. Made a trip to Poland and averaged 6,82 l/100 km (42 mpg). And this is for fresh and tight engine. I`m sure this figure will improve in the future.

Second surpriser is engine behaviour. It has so many raw power/torque that it seems the first 5 gears are just to pull off. Most of the time it operates at 6th and 7th gears. Even at urban.

Third surpriser (not in a good way) is "Subaru effect". For those, who remember first turbo charged Subarus, this is familiar. At 3000 rpm the second turbo kicks in. This is just as a mini rocket launch. Yes, lots of power, but has it really to be like in the 90-ties?

Fourth surprise. First very pleasant.

Oh, variable boot for free?

IMG_0822_1.thumb.jpg.fcb5b2070fc3f3fc38e55382a0fa13f4.jpg

And just seconds later. WTF, who has left his battery in my boot?

IMG_0820_1.thumb.jpg.47329aa1ceda5a372ea48ec47f6ea270.jpg

Conclusion.

ACC is brilliant (got pedestrian monitor and traffic jam assist as well as a part of a package).

Adaptive lane assist is much help, if tired and driving in dark.

Variable steering is perfect.

Full LED headlights are super perfect. Somebody here in forum commented that the beam is too short (as usually the Skodas have). Nothing like this (at least for vRS). Low beam is more than 100 meters long. Ditches are perfectly illuminated. Best headlights I ever had.

High beam assist works fine, until you are not driving some rural up and down, left and right roads.

rSAP bluetooth profile has made an improvement - now it leaves all the calls / texts also in the phone not just in the Columbus only (Superb II).

360 area view is handy, specially when maneuvering in tight areas.

Canton is real disappointment. Superb II had optional Sound System, which was really crisp and juicy. Canton sounds like Soviet transistor radio from 80-ies.

But. The problem seems to lie somewhere in headunit`s DAC circulation. As soon as you switch on Youtube via Floating Apps, the sound is back.

Back to good things. 

Managed to get Floating Apps working on Columbus.

Now the other half can forget herself shoppnig, I literally do not care :)

IMG_0825_1.thumb.jpg.18a52fe9c1d6d47cda780b48c63c11d3.jpg

17 minutes ago, linni said:

After 2 weeks and 4000 kilometers a wee resume.

IMG_0828_1.thumb.jpg.fd9b7acd2582bbd144069b91f0bcb005.jpgIMG_0816_1.thumb.jpg.2a3c53f09d4337fca27f6d644713172a.jpgIMG_0813_1.thumb.jpg.b5f1c315a921909c665a0b7874bf5101.jpg

First - this is not a sports car, as some might expect. But this is a bloody fast family car.

First impressions - better than I expected, in many ways. The car keeps surprising.

Ride is very very good.  

Currently running on 18" winter wheels, but I don`t think the 20" summer set will make a big difference. Because it has DCC.

DCC does it`s job perfectly. No body roll on corners even at standard settings. No vibration on bad surface with Comfort setting. Quite gocart feeling at Spots mode

Sport seats are very comfortable.  Unlike the Superb II you can find right driving position behind the wheel in seconds.

Noise. I optioned noise cancelling front windows. Overall the noise level was good inside. Engine sound is muffeled, tire/road sound is here though. Biggest noise maker was the fake exhaust.

Got it to the company who made complete noise insulation. Road noise is gone, exhaust is quieter. But now you can hear some wind noise from the B pillar, as the saloon is too quiet.

Biggest surpriser is consuption. Made a trip to Poland and averaged 6,82 l/100 km (42 mpg). And this is for fresh and tight engine. I`m sure this figure will improve in the future.

Second surpriser is engine behaviour. It has so many raw power/torque that it seems the first 5 gears are just to pull off. Most of the time it operates at 6th and 7th gears. Even at urban.

Third surpriser (not in a good way) is "Subaru effect". For those, who remember first turbo charged Subarus, this is familiar. At 3000 rpm the second turbo kicks in. This is just as a mini rocket launch. Yes, lots of power, but has it really to be like in the 90-ties?

Fourth surprise. First very pleasant.

Oh, variable boot for free?

IMG_0822_1.thumb.jpg.fcb5b2070fc3f3fc38e55382a0fa13f4.jpg

And just seconds later. WTF, who has left his battery in my boot?

IMG_0820_1.thumb.jpg.47329aa1ceda5a372ea48ec47f6ea270.jpg

Conclusion.

ACC is brilliant (got pedestrian monitor and traffic jam assist as well as a part of a package).

Adaptive lane assist is much help, if tired and driving in dark.

Variable steering is perfect.

Full LED headlights are super perfect. Somebody here in forum commented that the beam is too short (as usually the Skodas have). Nothing like this (at least for vRS). Low beam is more than 100 meters long. Ditches are perfectly illuminated. Best headlights I ever had.

High beam assist works fine, until you are not driving some rural up and down, left and right roads.

rSAP bluetooth profile has made an improvement - now it leaves all the calls / texts also in the phone not just in the Columbus only (Superb II).

360 area view is handy, specially when maneuvering in tight areas.

Canton is real disappointment. Superb II had optional Sound System, which was really crisp and juicy. Canton sounds like Soviet transistor radio from 80-ies.

But. The problem seems to lie somewhere in headunit`s DAC circulation. As soon as you switch on Youtube via Floating Apps, the sound is back.

Back to good things. 

Managed to get Floating Apps working on Columbus.

Now the other half can forget herself shoppnig, I literally do not care :)

IMG_0825_1.thumb.jpg.18a52fe9c1d6d47cda780b48c63c11d3.jpg

Very nice but those winter wheels look tiny.:giggle: