Do skoda say it with flowers?!?!?!

Quick question as prompted by the other half today...

Do Skoda give flowers as a 'thank you' upon collection of a new vehicle as with other manufacturers, or is this one of the 'down sides' of purchasing from a 'budget' brand?:thumbup:

Have never had flowers with the new cars I have bought from my skoda dealer but then never had them from VW dealer either. But when I bought a peugeot for my daughter from a peugeot dealer I did. Perhaps VWs and Skoda cars are so mch better they say it with their product rather than with flowers!

Have never had flowers with the new cars I have bought from my skoda dealer but then never had them from VW dealer either. But when I bought a peugeot for my daughter from a peugeot dealer I did. Perhaps VWs and Skoda cars are so mch better they say it with their product rather than with flowers!

Perhaps they were commiseration flowers for the fact that you now own a peugeot! :rofl:

When I went for a test drive with a Skoda dealership in Crawley Down I saw a couple pick up their new car and got a bunch of flowers!

However I think its really down to the dealer. When I picked up my new car the other day from my local dealership near Brighton with my partner there were no flowers! and no full tank of petrol either which I thought would be the norm but maybe times have changed as the last time I got a new car was in 1991.

When I went for a test drive with a Skoda dealership in Crawley Down I saw a couple pick up their new car and got a bunch of flowers!

However I think its really down to the dealer. When I picked up my new car the other day from my local dealership near Brighton with my partner there were no flowers! and no full tank of petrol either which I thought would be the norm but maybe times have changed as the last time I got a new car was in 1991.

Guess who I have now bought 2 cars from? And my stepdad 1? Grrrrrrrr, no-ones ever bought me flowers :(

Definitely seems to be up to the individual dealer then! I saw a local florist delivering several bunches of flowers to my local Ford dealer early last saturday morning (might be a commiseration thing as somebody said above!)

I know my parents got flowers when they brought a used approved VW although this will be the first time I have brought a new vehicle so I don't have any individual past experience to go on!

The annoying thing is that I'll now be expected to buy flowers if the dealer doesn't provide some:eek:

After the amount of haggling I did, I don't think it would go down too well if I phoned the dealer up to see if my VRS would come with flowers! :D

Loz

I bought the peugeot 4 years ago for my daughter. I was driving VWs then, discovered Skodas 2 years ago. She is about to change her and I keep showing her Furbys but she just can't get over the badge, yet anyway, am working on it. Youngsters are such brand snobs!

my mate got her car wraped up in wrapping paper with a huge bowe for xmas a few years back! that was at pug tho...on my second car and i havent had nothing:(

That's a common opinio but not necessarily strictly true.

Looking at the random nature of which dealers do and don't include flowers it's probably not factly correct to assume that those who receive 'free' flowers have have an extra

I got a lovely bunch of flowers from Mitchells when I collected my vRS -- all wrapped in Mitchell's specific wrapping - very nice to :thumbup:

I went to see my Gran and gave them to her!!

I got a lovely bunch of flowers from Mitchells when I collected my vRS -- all wrapped in Mitchell's specific wrapping - very nice to :thumbup:

I went to see my Gran and gave them to her!!

Smooth operator!:thumbup:

Loz

I bought the peugeot 4 years ago for my daughter. I was driving VWs then' date=' discovered Skodas 2 years ago. She is about to change her and I keep showing her Furbys but she just can't get over the badge, yet anyway, am working on it. Youngsters are such brand snobs![/quote']

hey, not all us youngsters are brand snobs!! I'm 19 and I own a Skoda! and am not ashamed of it!! I was sticking up for them when my mum first got one 6 years ago! :eek: :thumbup: besides, Skoda aren't a bad brand, so maybe I AM a brand snob! :D

Guest Fabia 12v
hey, not all us youngsters are brand snobs!! I'm 19 and I own a Skoda! and am not ashamed of it!! I was sticking up for them when my mum first got one 6 years ago! :eek: :thumbup: besides, Skoda aren't a bad brand, so maybe I AM a brand snob! :D

ditto... i was 17 when i had my fabia.. and would have a vRS sitting on my front drive in about 3 weeks from now if it wasn't for our world renound BMW drivers up to their usual antics, so on losing the fabia i decided heck lose the deposit save a few k and go sideways/upwards/backwards (it'll make sense if you compare my fabia comfort to a golf s!!) and get the golf.... for a year anyway ;)

When i bought my Polo GTi in 2003 the missus got a big bunch of flowers from the VW dealer....... Then when we bought the IS200 a couple of years ago the missus got a little box of chocies from the Lexus dealer. Both the cars were used too and not brand new.

The other thing with the Lexus dealer was that when you go to collect your car they take you into a small office/room off the main showroom....... Then they go through all the handing over paperwork before taking you through a different door on the opposite side of the room into a small delivery room where your car is parked all sparkly & clean. Then they show you all the controls etc before opening the doors to the room and letting you drive the car out of the showroom :) :)

Cheers

Dave.

Got a bunch resembling a mini Kew Gardens when I picked mine up from TransCity in Walthamstow, well my ex did anyway, ansolutely massive and to this day I am sure some of them were alive, like venus fly traps, except they looked like they'd be able to trap a horse:eek:

Nice touch though;)

The annoying thing is that I'll now be expected to buy flowers if the dealer doesn't provide some:eek:

After the amount of haggling I did' date=' I don't think it would go down too well if I phoned the dealer up to see if my VRS would come with flowers! :D[/quote']

:confused: :confused: But you're buying a car, who cares whether you get a bunch of flowers.