Still got it.

Pumatron

Well, I’ve been away from forum for a while.

I’ve still got my Fabia, still dislike it with a passion and it still dislikes me, we both unfortunately persevere with each other.

The damn thing took a bite out of me the other day, still got the bruised finger to remind me. Stuck with it as I can’t afford to have it shot.

On the plus side, I’m saving a fortune on fuel and getting fitter, as I leave it at home on every opportunity, unless I really have to use it.

That usually involves me kicking the stones with my hands in my pocket while I drag it out kicking and screaming from the garage.

Only 2 years to go before I can meet the dealer at midnight to gladly hand the keys back. :rofl:

Ah the joys of motoring. I can’t believe how much of a difference two cars can be. I still get tears in my eyes when I look at pictures of my old 2015 Fabia S. 

Simple, behaved and was loved. 

:blush

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Pumatron said:

On the plus side, I’m saving a fortune on fuel and getting fitter, as I leave it at home on every opportunity

Every cloud...

Getting fitter is the best thing I've ever done, though in my case it wasn't forced on me by a disappointing car.

Saving money an added bonus.

Saving fuel for the rest of us.

It's (almost) all good news! Maybe I should think about getting one these new-fangled modern cars? (Nah...)

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Wino said:

Every cloud...

Getting fitter is the best thing I've ever done, though in my case it wasn't forced on me by a disappointing car.

Saving money an added bonus.

Saving fuel for the rest of us.

It's (almost) all good news! Maybe I should think about getting one these new-fangled modern cars? (Nah...)

Yeah definitely a silver lining!!

I like a good walk, I walk to and from work as well and apart from an odd bit of pedestrian rage with my middle aged impatience I’m really enjoying it.

I even dusted down the two wheel pedaled steed, and have been giving that a whirl. I certainly wake up with a whole new range of aches and pains. 

I’ve gone beyond caring with my Fabia, it’s why I added some sarcastic humor into my original post. I’m convinced it’s either cursed, or a lemon. Possibly both. It’s why I named it Christine. :makeup: :devil:

Still, I’m glad I’m leaving some more fuel for all you other Fabia owners to burn. 

:D

• Like 2

most of us are mystified - tell us what the problems are.

You are trying to make a point - but seem unable to convey it. More detail please. Criticise the car - criticise the forum, you are at liberty to do this BUT please come out into the open and tell us WHAT you are trying to convey. We are not mind readers.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, 2ndskoda said:

most of us are mystified - tell us what the problems are.

You are trying to make a point - but seem unable to convey it. More detail please. Criticise the car - criticise the forum, you are at liberty to do this BUT please come out into the open and tell us WHAT you are trying to convey. We are not mind readers.

^^Posts like this is what I mean about the forum.....I make a passing comment about my Fabia, I don’t think I was rude to anyone in my original post and I’ve had two rude (in my opinion) responses back!

My Fabia is a Lemon, a bad build. I don’t need to elaborate on that, I’ve plenty of experience from working in the motor trade to know a bad car.

The last time I expressed my discontent with the Fabia and wrote about it I got a huge paragraph of “its you” the cars fine, get the dealer to fix it, blah blah blah.

So I stayed away from the forum for a while.

I been to the dealer (lots), they can’t fix it and I don’t want it pulled to pieces (again).

All I’m trying to say is be aware, the last two skoda’s I had were fantastic, this new one (2018) was built after diesel gate and in my opinion it shows costs are being cut.

It is NOT A GOOD CAR.

Is there anything wrong with trying to warn others of my experience?? Or is that not allowed on this forum?. 

• Like 2

@Pumatron

I just really was asking what Lemon you had, i kind of guessed it was a All New Third Generation Fabia Lenon, but it is nice to see which engine, gearbox etc.

Your OP told very little as does your signature and it does require looking at old posts to know WTF you are on about. 

Well for a simple person like me. 

Maybe those in Dealerships wondered WTF is this person that works in the trade on about.

Direselgate scandal hits the news September 2015.

Mk3 Fabia were designed  before and then launched in 2014 and out with owners in 2015.

All New Third Generation Face Lift now in 2018,

no 1.4TDI or 1.2 TSI or 1.0 without a GPF other than the MPI, and the other engine is the 1.0TSI.

Edited by Offski

Ah Pumatron -

glad you came back. I really do think you are being oversensitive / defensive / mysterious. No one is criticising you, other than the fact that you are not giving us information

At last happily you have said "My Fabia is a Lemon, a bad build. I don’t need to elaborate on that, "

The point we are making is that YOU DO NEED TO ELABORATE ON THAT.  without that information we are left up in the air !!!!

If I enlighten you to my own experiences

1 - I had a 2009 (New)  Fabia  - 1.4 TDI PD80 - SE 3 cylinder - this was a super car and very well screwed together.

2 - I had a 2011 (new) Fabia   -  1.6 TDI CR90 - SE+ this car was a absolute disaster. Would breakdown at least twice a week. (My wife driving which was awkward) Again very well screwed together

3 - I had a 2013 (new) Fabia  -    1.2 TSI 85      - although it kept going, the front wheel bearings were noisy - there was bottom end noise from the crank - the engine was as rough as old boots - complete with piston pickup, and the best consumption figure ever achieved was 38 MPG !. The build quality of this car was appalling compared to its predecessors.

Despite my 30 years in the trade on the spanners - I continually received assurances from 3 dealers that all was well. Ignore it and the problem will go away seems to be the dealers stance.

So we have a shared experience with the finesse and knowledge of the skoda dealership.

The final straw was that the extra warranty I had taken out would provide questionable cover - WHY - because I had reported faults that had not been corrected !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The inference was that I was at fault for driving a car known to have unattended to faults.

At this point I got rid of the car.

I can understand Pumatron's frustration. Let him vent his feelings unhindered.

As an ex-Aftersales Manager of a large VAG outfit I bemoan the race to the bottom. Customers are seen as profit centres instead of an asset to be cultivated and encouraged. The dumbing down of every customer contact point is demoralising. I baled out over twenty years ago for my sanity and every time I need to visit a dealership it is a painful experience.

The initiative of the Institute of the Motor Industry to encourage membership amongst Motor Industry professional has not borne fruit.

R.I.P. the Motor Trade. And if you find a good dealer stick with them - they are far and few between.

Bill :sadsmile: 

• Like 3

On 24/11/2018 at 12:59, Pumatron said:

^^Posts like this is what I mean about the forum.....I make a passing comment about my Fabia, I don’t think I was rude to anyone in my original post and I’ve had two rude (in my opinion) responses back!

My Fabia is a Lemon, a bad build. I don’t need to elaborate on that, I’ve plenty of experience from working in the motor trade to know a bad car.

The last time I expressed my discontent with the Fabia and wrote about it I got a huge paragraph of “its you” the cars fine, get the dealer to fix it, blah blah blah.

I been to the dealer (lots), they can’t fix it and I don’t want it pulled to pieces (again).

All I’m trying to say is be aware, the last two skoda’s I had were fantastic, this new one (2018) was built after diesel gate and in my opinion it shows costs are being cut.

It is NOT A GOOD CAR.

Is there anything wrong with trying to warn others of my experience?? Or is that not allowed on this forum?. 

This is TOTALLY unhelpful. Why in God's name can't you enlighten us as to what problems you have encountered. A can of baked beans can be awful or brilliant but you are not telling anything.

If you have something to say then SAY it. If you find you cannot then what the hell is the point of your post?

Oh, there's always a Citroen if you're not happy.

I've never read/heard such inane drivel.

Give us all a clue and maybe a point will be made.

On 24/11/2018 at 12:59, Pumatron said:

It is NOT A GOOD CAR.

You don't have to tell me how bad some Skoda cars have become now. I bought two new Mk3 Fabias (2016 and 2017 models from new) and both were thoroughly bad cars. Got rid as dealers can't fix them. Even rejected one of them and the replacement was just as bad. I don't think they were lemons, that's just how many of them come now. My neighbour also just bought a brand new Mk3 two months ago. Traded in his old 2010 model which was faultless. His new car is giving him loads of trouble. Engine, transmission and dealer seems unable to fix it. He is likely to reject the car. I'm really disappointed with Skoda but mainly VW who have forced Skoda to adopt these money saving tactics that has resulted in poor engine and transmission design (auto's only). I'm reliably told my first 2016 DSG 1.2 110ps engined car is now on it's third clutch system. It has the new 3rd generation clutch that will "fix the clutch slipping issue". I hope so as they normally drive so well. 

On a lighter note, my brand new Citroen C3 1.2 110ps with EAT6 auto box is now 4 months old and has covered just short of 12,000 miles without a single issue. It's about to go in for it's first 12,500 mile service. It's quiet, very powerful (205nm of torque at 1500rpm) and does 60mpg easily. And yes, I was persuaded to come out of retirement for a special engine project that excited me. It's temporary and is almost finished now. But it's paid me lots of money which is nice, especially when you enjoy what you are doing. It's also meant me covering lots of miles in the new Citroen. 

Anyhoo, hope you are all good and have a lovely Christmas and Happy New Year. Over and out guys!

• Like 1

On ‎01‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 13:40, DennisMenaced said:

Snip ---- Snip

Oh, there's always a Citroen if you're not happy.

Snip --- Snip

Well now that you have mentioned Citroen, one of my wife's friends got her oldish Golf TDI stolen, her husband offered her a pre-reg'd Purple C2, now that made her happy as Purple is one of her favourite colours - she is never too keen to drive that car out of town, "no feeling of it being stable on the road" - so luckily, maybe, roughly one year on her husband has found a 6 month old Golf 1.5TSI, and she is now back to being a confident driver - just one owner's feelings about the C2, we are all different - maybe.

• Like 1

My last Fabia was faultless that's why I've bought another one with a few more extras.

Hopefully this one will be as good as the last.

• Like 1

Bought my first Skoda in June 2016.

Booked in for it's third fixed service this month at 28,000 miles.

I have had to take to car in to the dealer twice before.

For it's first and second service with no extra work required. :)

Is it perfect? No. Is it as good as I hoped? No, it's better.

Problems I have had:-

My then mobile phone didn't fit in the phone holder I ordered with the car.

Skoda brought a bigger one out that I now have. The old one is now in my other car.

My old mobile fitted well, but I now have upgraded to a newer, bigger mobile and it wont fit perfectly in the bigger holder.

But the newer version of Android works much better on the car compared to my old phone.

I changed from Android 5 up to Android 8. I have not updated any of the car's infotainment software.

The full size alloy wheel I bought ( for the spare ) and the tool kit don't quite fit flush in the boot.

Thanks AG Falco

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rum4mo said:

Well now that you have mentioned Citroen, one of my wife's friends got her oldish Golf TDI stolen, her husband offered her a pre-reg'd Purple C2, now that made her happy as Purple is one of her favourite colours - she is never too keen to drive that car out of town, "no feeling of it being stable on the road" - so luckily, maybe, roughly one year on her husband has found a 6 month old Golf 1.5TSI, and she is now back to being a confident driver - just one owner's feelings about the C2, we are all different - maybe.

Hi rum4mo, Yes, the C2 is not a car I would use to go out of town in. It's a lightweight model and is now discontinued due to some issues Citroen had with it. It was in fact a re-badged TOYOTA, the quality of which was not what was expected by Citroen. Interestingly, Toyota are in negotiations to buy the C3 along with lots more genuine Citroen vans to be rebadged as Toyotas in Japan and Asia. Toyota already buy Citroen vans, they sell well and don't give issues to customers. 

1 hour ago, AGFalco said:

Bought my first Skoda in June 2016.

Booked in for it's third fixed service this month at 28,000 miles.

I have had to take to car in to the dealer twice before.

For it's first and second service with no extra work required. :)

Is it perfect? No. Is it as good as I hoped? No, it's better.

Problems I have had:-

My then mobile phone didn't fit in the phone holder I ordered with the car.

Skoda brought a bigger one out that I now have. The old one is now in my other car.

My old mobile fitted well, but I now have upgraded to a newer, bigger mobile and it wont fit perfectly in the bigger holder.

But the newer version of Android works much better on the car compared to my old phone.

I changed from Android 5 up to Android 8. I have not updated any of the car's infotainment software.

The full size alloy wheel I bought ( for the spare ) and the tool kit don't quite fit flush in the boot.

Thanks AG Falco

Hi AG, yes I don't think you need to worry. I'm mostly but not entirely referring to DSG models both current and earlier boxes from 2015 onwards. There are some issues concerning clutches. And engine wise, it's mostly the 1.2TSI's from 2015 onwards. The 1.0ltr engines are better but not entirely free of issues it seems. It's the 1ltr engined car with DSG that my neighbour has just bought and he regrets it. Apart from breaking down with some serious electrical issues, it's had a new ecu, new injector, new water pump and is currently having a knocking noise investigated. The gearbox is also very noisy when changing gear and clunks a lot. So far the clutches have not slipped but as you may understand it's not making him very happy. It only has 1500 miles on the clock. 

1 hour ago, Estate Man said:

Hi AG, yes I don't think you need to worry. I'm mostly but not entirely referring to DSG models both current and earlier boxes from 2015 onwards. There are some issues concerning clutches. And engine wise, it's mostly the 1.2TSI's from 2015 onwards. The 1.0ltr engines are better but not entirely free of issues it seems. It's the 1ltr engined car with DSG that my neighbour has just bought and he regrets it. Apart from breaking down with some serious electrical issues, it's had a new ecu, new injector, new water pump and is currently having a knocking noise investigated. The gearbox is also very noisy when changing gear and clunks a lot. So far the clutches have not slipped but as you may understand it's not making him very happy. It only has 1500 miles on the clock. 

I can't imagine how bad I would feel if that was my car,it sounds like a 1972 Austin Allegro.

I would be handing the car back,getting compensation and never going back to Skoda ever again.

What a terrible nightmare.

• Like 2

Yes Rick, he's a pensioner and only does 7k miles a year but he depends on the car. It's been in the garage for near 3 weeks so far in the 9 weeks he's had it. He's been asking me how to reject the car! I've told him what to do. Sad really. He says in addition to the other faults the electric seat heating has now stopped working, and one of the rear electric windows is jammed. Nice! A car costing nearly £20k... He's already been to look at the Citroen range and liked what he saw. He's driven mine and was happy. We'll see how it pans out in due course.