Met Police ramming scooter criminals off the road

Chris

To be fair, Diane Idiott was probably concerned that if all the moped criminals were caught and in jail there would not be enough people available to vote for her at the next General Election. 

Which puts me in mind of 2 others; one fictional and one I saw pre-CCTV:_

1) Fictional; at one point in Taxi (Luc Besson, not the NYC remake) a cop is watching 2 minor parts trying to steal a Peugeot 106 and gets a line which translates "Do you want the keys {censored}?"

2) Fact; I was in what is now the "champagne bar" in the Glasgow Central Hotel (overlooks the station concourse, when a couple of English "casuals" attacked a local. One, repeat one, old school Glasgow polis weighed in, and we could see that the casuals were thinking about trying to make something of it when the realisation struck them - "He's holding us both by the necks, and our feet aren't touching the ground!"

• Like 1

On 25/11/2018 at 15:39, jars said:

In the right circumstances, yes, I think this is acceptable. However, all it will take is one eff up with a scrote getting killed for there to be a massive outcry and an about turn with this. 

Oh yeah.  It will only be a matter of time before old Mother Chav is crying about her 'Angel' being taken to heaven by the wrong doing Police, on the six o'clock news.   Said angel will likely be a career scrote with an established criminal record for aggravated TWOC, GBH, etc etc.   

I'm sorry but your human and civil rights should be null and void when you commit a crime.  The extent in which those rights are revoked should be directly linked to the severity/heinousness of the crime and the impact on the victim(s). 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

Oh yeah.  It will only be a matter of time before old Mother Chav is crying about her 'Angel' being taken to heaven

That's already happened. "Angel" and his 2 mates stole a car and were driving it pretty much flat out across the A77 towards Glasgow (at this time the A77 was a 4 lane 2-way road with no central reservation) and lost control on a corner. They hit an on-coming Jaguar and OMC started wailing about how they "didn't deserve to die": Meanwhile everyone I knew was more concerned about the Jag driver (who survived).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fin69 said:

To be fair, Diane Idiott was probably concerned that if all the moped criminals were caught and in jail there would not be enough people available to vote for her at the next General Election. 

All we need is for a few moped gangs to assault her and then escape while Police officers, powerless to do anything, watch on... People like her are dangerous because they really change their tune when pushed to the reality of it. They're the ones that end up committing the most hideous of war crimes and trying to justify it.

...If you happen to be evading the Police, then get hurt in the process, hard luck! 

Think of the innocents around you who may have got injured by your actions. They are just going about their daily business and do not expect to get run over, swore at and/or have bags and phones snatched. Nor do the owners of the stolen scooters expect it to get stolen and would most likely prefer the Police to apprehend the villain, even if it means a written off machine. The insurance will actually be easier to claim as if it just "Disappears", Time will have to be taken to ensure it does not just "Materialise" after a payout!

Trick of the camera but it really looked like 3 of the muppets were trying to leap on one scooter to escape from the granny!

I think we should stop ALL policing activities, because whatever they do infringes on peoples' rights and upsets the whiny showflakes.

Of course, this will have the added benefit of making the snowflakes the loudest and most likely targets for criminals, first and foremost... They'd soon be empowering Police again.

It also means the rest of us not afraid of hurting criminal scum can carry weapons and beat the living daylights make tactical contact as much as we like and there'd be no Police to interfere, but that's just a fun side benefit!!

• Like 1

I have to take a radiator off to decorate in the dining room. I have a 24" solid steel wrench that could accidentally come to hand should any scrote appear where they should not be. That would of course not be premeditated M'lud.

I think the officer involved should go before a judge, to be given a medal for arresting scum. Then the scum should be given the bill for any damage to the police car and the hospital bill. 

21 hours ago, Aspman said:

I have to take a radiator off to decorate in the dining room. I have a 24" solid steel wrench that could accidentally come to hand should any scrote appear where they should not be. That would of course not be premeditated M'lud.

You should have tidied up your working area - 12 years for assault and another 5 for Health & Safety violation.

I, on the other hand, have a perfectly legitimate pair of crossed swords mounted in a display over the fireplace, which are very secure and yet also very easy to bring to bear if the situiation arises... and God help you if my wife gets to them before I do!! ;)

• Haha 1

As soon as you deliberately set out to break laws, terrorise, rob or injure people then in my book you've waived your rights to be protected by law.

Now I'm not saying these moped scrotes should be shot in sight but they MUST be stopped.  It's too easy for them to get away from the Police which lets them to go on to carry out more criminal activity.

There have been a couple of incidents near me where 3-4 mopeds riding two up have attacked moving vehicles with hammers in an attempt to force the drivers to stop so they can be robbed.  One incident involved a cab driver who did eventually knock one of the little darlings off his moped. 

They've acted with impunity for too long, maybe now they know they risk harm they'll think twice.... maybe not but they need taking out!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Russ77 said:

They've acted with impunity for too long, maybe now they know they risk harm they'll think twice.... maybe not but they need taking out!

I always assert that it's not what the risk of breaking the law is that deters people, but the certainty of it happening.

If you're pretty much guaranteed to get run down by a pursuing cop, what would be the point in chancing the crime in the first place?

Give the Officers the vehicles they need then.  A Modified (chipped)  Smart Brabus with Air Bags deactivated,

the panels are easily replaced.

If taking their legs off below the knee then sort that out as well.

PS.

These are plentiful & disposable @ under £6,000 and can lay down oil...

Edited by Offski

2 hours ago, edbostan said:

Read somewhere that as the helmets are a snug fit to their heads if you twist the helmet smartly you can break their necks. Not recommended as you would be had up for manslaughter

That would require some serious driving skills though, or maybe a co-driver hanging off the side of a roof rack to grab their helmets (Ooh! Matron!).

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, P6bJOHN said:

Too radical?

DIGGA-Bale-Spear-Hay-Forks-Tractor-Front-End-Loader-1.thumb.jpg.6044764cef9906f3b9642783dcbba36b.jpg

Needs a bit more thought. The scrote could slide off and hurt an innocent bystander. Fitting some barbs to the spikes should solve the problem. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CWARD said:

Needs a bit more thought. The scrote could slide off and hurt an innocent bystander. Fitting some barbs to the spikes should solve the problem. 

Constructive criticism is welcome, A big barb on each spike, or a row of big barbs down the length to be sure? Innocent bystander's safety is paramount.

• Haha 1

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=clyde+the+oragutan&view=detail&mid=053707193B2234A6C741053707193B2234A6C741&FORM=VIRE

I believe a right-hand drive conversion is available for the UK.

PS - RIP Sondra Locke.

Edited by TheOctaviator
PS added - just heard the news
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Ttaskmaster said:

I always assert that it's not what the risk of breaking the law is that deters people, but the certainty of it happening.

If you're pretty much guaranteed to get run down by a pursuing cop, what would be the point in chancing the crime in the first place?

Technically... Risk = probability * impact

So what you really want is..

A> high probablility that Mr Scrote will be detected as having committed a crime

B> that the negative impact of that detection on Mr Scrote will aloso be high

High * High = Critical Risk to Mr Scrote

Now even scrotes run a little bit of Risk Vs Reward in their own heads. So if it becomes a high risk for Mr Scrote to grab a purse or phone from a moped which is a low reward they'll stop doing it.

'Tis science!

What you also have to bear in mind is that they won't stop being scrotes because moped based crime isn't worth it. they'll just find something else to do.

This is also the argument with allowing homeowners carte blance to take action in their own homes. Although it will dissuade some scrotes from trying those that continue will be more heavily armed. So you start a bit of an arms race which the scrotes will always win, since they can get guns but you an I can't.

• Like 2