6Y Fabia Comfort Questions

oWhiskey

Just now, Wino said:

How many miles on the clock?

Enough for the car, not enough for the engine. 145K. I'm gonna check a few things anyway as the belt tensioner is vibrating like crazy and I'm worried it's gonna go. 

2 minutes ago, Tech1e said:

Monster tyres..lol

They're ridiculous I tell you! Michelins and Pirellis I believe, but a really strange config as clearly the last owner thought 'I'll get good tyres but I'm not doing pairs'. Looks funny though, and it's growing on me. 

If everything works out then it's getting Spiders in anthracite and a bit of tuning (not just a remap). 

1 minute ago, Wino said:

Alternator freewheel pulleys give trouble on these, might be that that's causing the tensioner to jump around.

Ooh, I'll check it out later. Cheers bud, I'll post a video of it too so you can see what I'm talking about.

42 minutes ago, oWhiskey said:

Thanks everyone. Still wondering about the wheels though as I'm not sure if they're worth keeping.

Oh yeah, I have a feeling it's been remapped as it is a slight bit quicker than the remapped PD105 I'm used to, and you can really feel that difference.

Getting the car up on the carport today once the old car is picked up to be turned in to coke cans (it's a 2001 Focus 1.6 silver top - nasty stuff) as it's blowing blue smoke at idle. I think it was too full when I first checked it so hopefully that's playing a part.

My 1.9 TDi ATD felt quicker. Had it rolling roaded and it was making 125bhp standard. Had it remapped by Shark then, on the same RR it made 154bhp.
Quick little cars.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, oWhiskey said:

They're ridiculous I tell you! Michelins and Pirellis I believe, but a really strange config as clearly the last owner thought 'I'll get good tyres but I'm not doing pairs'. Looks funny though, and it's growing on me. 

If everything works out then it's getting Spiders in anthracite and a bit of tuning (not just a remap). 

Wrong size for a Fabia. 

3 hours ago, skomaz said:

They look like Mk 4 VW Golf wheels to me...

https://classics.honestjohn.co.uk/reviews/volkswagen/golf-mk4/

Looks like you're right! I was wondering why they seemed like they were decent quality. 

3 hours ago, Lee01 said:

My 1.9 TDi ATD felt quicker. Had it rolling roaded and it was making 125bhp standard. Had it remapped by Shark then, on the same RR it made 154bhp.
Quick little cars.

I mean I've read somewhere on here that they're known to run 110bhp standard, but 125 is mad. 

3 hours ago, Tech1e said:

Wrong size for a Fabia. 

Oh yeah I know, but they don't look half bad in my opinion. 

Just now, Tech1e said:

But it is the correct tyre size for the Fabis so doesn’t alter the speedo or gearing. 

Hey, if it's quick and holds traction then I'm happy. I'm not known for being a very law abiding citizen so the speedo isn't much of an issue. :P

On 26/11/2018 at 09:44, Tech1e said:

Afraid not mate, PD100 all came with rear discs (same as the 1.4 16v with 100bhp).

My 1.4 16v 100hp BBZ have rear drums from factory. Think, it depends from market, too.

• Like 1