Any one living in the UK know of a supplier of new Felicia parts in the Czech republic that will ship to the UK at a reasonable cost. Looking at [arts for the gear linkage and maybe other parts have found many in the Czech republic but they will not ship any one know why ?

1 hour ago, mikefelicia said:

will not ship any one know why ?

According to a Czech workmate it's cos Czech courier/delivery companies operate on a cash on delivery basis, you pay the courier when he hands you the parcel.  Obviously this doesn't work well for international deliveries where non-Czech couriers are at the end of the chain.

Not sure how true it is, he doesn't always make total sense. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I have found a company that will supply them hard to find Felicia parts in Czechoslovakia that will send to the UK and at a very reasonable price have used them three times (awaiting 3rd order) Shipping to UK is 9.68 Euros and takes around 5 working days, my courier was DPD and went very well with tracking. Up to now I would give them 10 out of 10.

Price's of parts are a fraction of Ebay. 

Not all Czech companies work on the COD

https://www.skoda-parts.com/online-store.html

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mikefelicia said:

well what's not made in China today

Well, almost everything that requires a polluting industrial process is indeed made in China. The rubber industry is on top of the list.

A word of caution though. Some rubber parts made in China (distributed by VIKA brand) has very low quantity of natural rubber. The parts look OK but they fail easy.

On 13/12/2018 at 17:17, mikefelicia said:

I have found a company that will supply them hard to find Felicia parts in Czechoslovakia that will send to the UK and at a very reasonable price have used them three times (awaiting 3rd order) Shipping to UK is 9.68 Euros and takes around 5 working days, my courier was DPD and went very well with tracking. Up to now I would give them 10 out of 10.

Price's of parts are a fraction of Ebay. 

Not all Czech companies work on the COD

https://www.skoda-parts.com/online-store.html

Thank you soooo much for providing us with this site now my felly is going to be happy for many many years

As I am a old motorcycle owner and a old Skoda owner my policy is I will change some items if it is old say like my starter motor it has 90,000 miles and 20 years old it was still working ok so I fitted a new one (it came very cheap) and keep the old one so I know I have a good one, I never throw away a old part be it car or M/C you know you have a pattern that fits this is something over the years I have learned with old M/C. Sometimes a new part may not work like electrical motors stuff.

So any of the 20 year old hoses I will change for new ones in the summer I will keep the old ones.

In british trials bikes in the old times they would run a bike and if all was ok they would then change all electrical parts and some mechanical parts for new ones run the bike if it was ok then the parts they took off would be spare so if the bike came into the pits and a say coil had gon then on would go the working  part they took off.

Well that's this old mans theory and no I do not take off the tyres or keep the old engine oil. I understand parts made today are more reliable than years ago but you never know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikefelicia said:

I understand parts made today are more reliable than years ago but you never know.

Let me, sadly, disagree on that. I wish new parts are at least half reliable than factory ones...

I've always kept old parts because you never know.