Bluetooth issue update

Karoqer130

So recently I let you all know that I was having problems with my Bluetooth in the car and it had been looked at by skoda a few times. On a recent 900 mile drive I had more problems with it so today my car is in AGAIN and they are already trading to blame the software and Bluetooth version of  my brand new mobile for the problem. So the question I ask you all here is what do I do next if Skoda blame my phone and the 3 others I've tried and don't fix the problem. 

13 minutes ago, 33q said:

Are you using Skoda Connect?

Columbus or Amundsen?

might help if we know some detail 

Using skoda connect and it's the columbus, they are saying that my phone that was released in May 2018 is to new and that's causing the head unit to go into a fault state 

23 minutes ago, Karoqer130 said:

Using skoda connect and it's the columbus, they are saying that my phone that was released in May 2018 is to new and that's causing the head unit to go into a fault state 

Ok. So you have a data sim in and only using the Phone for voice and music. 

Does it make any difference if you are charging the phone? Wireless or cable?

or hotspotting?

24 minutes ago, 33q said:

Ok. So you have a data sim in and only using the Phone for voice and music. 

Does it make any difference if you are charging the phone? Wireless or cable?

or hotspotting?

It makes no difference what I do, it keeps having issues, skoda have said my phone is too new and isn't an authorised device so I'm gonna call skoda UK and see what they say 

35 minutes ago, Berisford said:

What's the phone?

It's a huawei p20 lite, there are a lot huawei phones that are compatible but mine is "too new" and should be on the list soon, so until then I have to wait and see what Skoda UK can do about it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Karoqer130 said:

It's a huawei p20 lite, there are a lot huawei phones that are compatible but mine is "too new" and should be on the list soon, so until then I have to wait and see what Skoda UK can do about it.

I have the P20 Pro and works fine with my Amundsen, Skoda Connect on the other hand is the biggest piece of crap ever!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, don_kiddik said:

I have the P20 Pro and works fine with my Amundsen, Skoda Connect on the other hand is the biggest piece of crap ever!

This is what makes me think that I have a faulty head unit and that it just needs to be replaced. I'm gonna call the dealer again tomorrow 

15 minutes ago, Karoqer130 said:

This is what makes me think that I have a faulty head unit and that it just needs to be replaced. I'm gonna call the dealer again tomorrow 

Again, I have a P20 pro that works absolutely fine so it doesn't sound right

11 minutes ago, Karoqer130 said:

I've tried 4 different phones so it must be the head unit. 

Can the Dealer get any of their phones to connect to your car?

Thanks AG Falco

Just now, AGFalco said:

Can the Dealer get any of their phones to connect to your car?

Thanks AG Falco

Yes they can but, it's an intermittent fault and 30 mins after I left the dealer I had the problem so I drove straight back to the dealership and showed the technician and he said "ooh that shouldn't be happening, I don't know how it's done that" so I'm not feeling full of confidence in the dealership

Just now, AGFalco said:

Ok,  Sounds like you are having fun. :@

Best of luck.

Thanks AG Falco

Yeah..... fun that's what I was thinking, cheers for the best wishes. I'm getting ready to kick some ass tomorrow if needs be 

I think the phone excuse is cobblers, TBH. Trying to narrow it down, do the basic bluetooth functions work? Forget about Connect etc. Does the phone pair to BT on the headset, take calls, play music etc?

11 minutes ago, Michael G said:

I think the phone excuse is cobblers, TBH. Trying to narrow it down, do the basic bluetooth functions work? Forget about Connect etc. Does the phone pair to BT on the headset, take calls, play music etc?

In order: the phone only pairs to the head unit occasionally, it sometimes takes and receives calls and it gets fussy about music and 9/10 times will display the previous song name and artist than the one you're actually listening to. I think they are clutching at straws because if they give the phone excuse then they might be able to class it as "solved" on their end and not have to fix it any more. It's a 3 month old car and I've had enough. 

Edited by Karoqer130

9 minutes ago, Karoqer130 said:

In order: the phone only pairs to the head unit occasionally, it sometimes takes and receives calls and it gets fussy about music and 9/10 times will display the previous song name and artist than the one you're actually listening to. I think they are clutching at straws because if they give the phone excuse then they might be able to class it as "solved" on their end and not have to fix it any more. It's a 3 month old car and I've had enough. 

I agree. Give em hell. 

22 hours ago, Karoqer130 said:

Yeah..... fun that's what I was thinking, cheers for the best wishes. I'm getting ready to kick some ass tomorrow if needs be 

I would ask them to provide exact place in contract or warranty where is specified limitation on supported phones or BT version or even limitation of support for "too new" phones etc. Whatever that told you ask them to pinpoint place in contract or warranty. As I recall, there is none.

And they advertise BT connectivity so if there is no limitation in contract they are obligated to provide warranty. Or negotiate compensation for faulty equipment.

And you should insist on written answers so you can publish them to let other Skoda potential customers see what to expect.

You have to press them between contractual obligations and public reflection so they take you seriously.

16 hours ago, pa_ko said:

I would ask them to provide exact place in contract or warranty where is specified limitation on supported phones or BT version or even limitation of support for "too new" phones etc. Whatever that told you ask them to pinpoint place in contract or warranty. As I recall, there is none.

And they advertise BT connectivity so if there is no limitation in contract they are obligated to provide warranty. Or negotiate compensation for faulty equipment.

And you should insist on written answers so you can publish them to let other Skoda potential customers see what to expect.

You have to press them between contractual obligations and public reflection so they take you seriously.

So I got a call this morning safter spending a few days ringing the dealership and Skoda UK and mentioning the consumer rights act and as soon as that was mentioned it clearly ruffled a few feathers as my car is now booked in for Wednesday morning to have the control unit for the whole in car entertainment replaced. Apparently there are 3 major components to the head unit and they are replacing at the radio part and the control part, the third part the physical screen wouldn't cause the issues I've been having so it's not important to replace that. I'm still going to be on Skoda UK's case for compensation for my wasted time and diesel going back and forth to the dealership. 

Many thanks for everyone's help and I'll update on here after Wednesday to tell you all the outcome. 

• Like 1