Tips: Fabia Tips

ColinD

For 1.4 16v sufferring slow throttle response (i.e. you stall a lot, like I did :)). You can try to dip the throttle lightly then the engine will slowly increase rpm to 2k after ~1 sec delay, don't release the clutch until you ACTUALLY heard the engine sound. Never quick release the clutch (first gear), cause the 16v engine has zero torque at low rpm. Slow throttle response also significant in 5th gear when gas off then on, I have no solution apart from try not to fully release the throttle when slowing down. I know it is old school technique, and it work on my 16v.

Expect your PAS warning light comes on after/during rain or moist weather.

If you find the hatch is hard to shut tight. Try to let the hatch close by itself with some light initial push only. If it doesn't work, try keep pressing the hatch release button with left hand, put your right hand on the "Fabia" badge (or above), then slam it (force from right hand), release the button by the time the hatch is shutted. Again, it worked on my 16v.

If you've got short legs and have the driver's seat up high, you'll find the driving position changes over time. Every time you get out of the car, the underside of your thigh is depressing the seat height adjuster a fraction. After two weeks or so, the seat has dropped appreciably. Just pump yourself back up again.

There's a handy 3rd sun visor between the two normal ones, which can be very useful (it's amazing how many people still don't know about this!).

When unscrewing the fuel cap on a diesel furby, hold it out by the rubber keeper cable and let it unwind before letting it dangle to prevent diesel being rubbed on the paintwork by the spinning cap.

Switch on the air conditioning (if fitted) for at least 20 mins a week to ensure that it keeps in good order. This is especially important over winter because a lapse of use can mean the seals can crack, resulting in a leak which is expensive to fix.

HTH :)

Switch on the air conditioning (if fitted) for at least 20 mins a week to ensure that it keeps in good order. This is especially important over winter because a lapse of use can mean the seals can crack' date=' resulting in a leak which is expensive to fix.

[/quote']

Not on the Fabia as the a/c compressor is allways running.

When filling your car with fuel the fuel cap sits on top of the flap' date=' its what the cut outs are for in the edge of the cap.

a'la

[img']http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d134/Techie_1976/Helpfull%20Stuff/flap.jpg[/img]

Applies to all Skodas

F***ING HELL! 5 years and I've never realised this! :rofl: BIG :thumbup:

There's a handy 3rd sun visor between the two normal ones' date=' which can be very useful (it's amazing how many people still don't know about this!).

HTH :)[/quote']

Are you sure this is on a Fabia - I've had 2 but don't see one. I know that there is a small foldaway one on an Octy though. :confused:

Hmm I've got a sunroof and if by 'in between' you mean the one that covers the sunroof glass then yes. However it's not what I'd consider a 3rd visor :confused:
Agreed. It's so small I've Velcro'd a piece of smoked perspex to it so it covers the gap above the mirror.