Tips: Fabia Tips

ColinD

My top tip:

NEVER, EVER check the brake fluid level by removing the cap. You will need the skill of a gyneacoligist to get at the bloody thing in the first place and when you drop it will need to remove the bottom engine cover/tray to get the sodding thing back.

Guess what I did at the weekend?:mad:

• 2 weeks later...

whats that funny slot for in the moulding on the back seat by the rear door opening.

seen today at the dealers.

push the chrome bit of the seat belt in the slot by the end of the rear seat.

neat and tidy belt held in place.

(I suppose it must be in the manual, I must read it some day)

• 1 month later...
If you lock your key in the car, get who ever has the other key to hold it next to the phone, you put your phone close to the door and when the unlock is pressed by the helpful friend/partner it may open the central locking.

I say may as it can be hit or miss, but if it works it saves on the locksmith charges or a long walk home.

I saw this on some tv program, top gear or 5th gear and it seemed to work and i dont think it was the majic of TV

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I've just joined the forum having read various tips over the years - appologies if I'm posting in the wrong place!

I've just bought a 53 Fabia Classic with various extras and sold my lovely Felicia having done 108K in it from new.

How does the intermitent wipe work? On the first setting of the lever on top of the arm it seems to do nothing.

On the Felicia it was push it up without clicking so it wipes once, when then the screen was wet again push it so it clicked into intermittent and it remembered that time interval and wipeed the same delay every time - brilliant, why doesn't my Fabia do the same?

DaveF

Push down for single wipe, push up once for intermittent, twice for constant, three times for fast. The little lever on top of the stalk controls how fast the intermittent wipe is...

HTH :thumbup:

If your back wiper is constantly streaking, remove the rubber insert and re-insert it the other way around - The blade is angulated and is often put in the wrong way around at the factory. The little locking tabs on the 2 steel inserts should be towards the end of the wiper, not nearer the hinged end.

This tip courtesy of member dunder101.

Brilliant! :thumbup: That's been p**sing me off for weeks, thought it needed a new wiper blade, switched it in about one minute, thanks Baz! :)

Those of you who can't be botherd to read the manual try holding the key in the door lock in the unlock position, if you have factory fitted elecy windows, its a great way to cool the car down without having to get inside! ;) new octy's & surperbs are remote! Great for showing off!

Matt

I tried this on both the Furby and the Octavia and nothing happened :-(

Just thank you for the rear wiper tip. I thought it was a stiff rubber or polish, but turned the wiper to the right way round and now quiet and no streaks. Three and a half years I've put up with this! To anyone who hasn't checked, the wiper just pulls out at 90 deg to the holder - no prising or separation of the holding plastic.

Just thank you for the rear wiper tip. I thought it was a stiff rubber or polish, but turned the wiper to the right way round and now quiet and no streaks. Three and a half years I've put up with this! To anyone who hasn't checked, the wiper just pulls out at 90 deg to the holder - no prising or separation of the holding plastic.

Yep, the rear wiper tip is ace ! :D

Another rear wiper silenced here after years of squeaking and smearing, top tip, thanks Basil ! :thumbup:

Just a thought, but does everyone know about the secret little cubby hole under the drivers seat? I use the one in my Fabia for keeping a compact tool kit in, perfik! :thumbup:

Just a thought, but does everyone know about the secret little cubby hole under the drivers seat? I use the one in my Fabia for keeping a compact tool kit in, perfik! :thumbup:

Which models is that on then..?

after 2 years of vRS ownership ....... I have just discovered

the fact that you can have the radio / cd player on without

the need for the key to be in the ignition :o

I dont like leaving the key in the ignition when I`m not sat in

the seat ie at petrol station etc ....... and cos my radio was always on

it used to switch off when the key is removed .... but if you push the

on/off button in and then out again the radio works without the key..

so you can have music while you are on your drive / garage without

worrying about someone jumping in your car and driving off :thumbup:

Push down for single wipe, push up once for intermittent, twice for constant, three times for fast. The little lever on top of the stalk controls how fast the intermittent wipe is...

HTH :thumbup:

Ta! The first setting of the the little lever is "no wipe"? That's what mine appears to be.

DaveF

after 2 years of vRS ownership ....... I have just discovered

the fact that you can have the radio / cd player on without

the need for the key to be in the ignition :o

on my cheapy radio cassette you can adjust the settings (hold tp) so that it stays on with / without ignition (I think it's IGN ON/OFF) or turn it off and on again after the ignition is off.

DaveF

• 3 weeks later...

As for the phone transmitting the key signal, i tried it once with my dad when he was in Wantage and I was in Oxford, we both had mobiles and they were both on speakerphone. This was with his Freelander though, not the Furby.

:eek:

If the Fabia alarm keeps setting itself off when the temperature drops during the night get the interior ultrasonic protection sensor changed. Part number 6Y0 959 121 is what to ask for and it fits behind the interior light. It is a very common fault on the Fabia and as such most dealers stock this part.

Steve