Hands Free Phone Kits

KentStu

Nokia 6310i - but I was hoping to get something that might be reasonably flexible in case she changes the phone - or am I going to have update the system every time?

6310, eh? Supports Bluetooth, you could get one of those Bluetooth headsets so she'll look like Lara Croft. Then it's not tied into the car, and in theory not to the phone either. And with regard to using the handset itself while driving - I'd imagine it will explain somewhere in the manual about setting up voice commands on the phone which will work through the headset. If not then Nokia are *seriously* behind... :D

Rob.

Cheapie fixes are the Pama Plug 'n' Go kits. They are all in one units that plug into the cigarette lighter and combine charger, speaker, microphone and holder all in the one small unit. They are phone specific but work reasonably well and are only

....this is what you want:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00008W5WW/ref=sr_aps_electronics_1_1/026-1888094-1066046

The Parrot CK3000 (the name has it :)), a bluetooth fixed in car unit. It fits behind/underneath (in a recess) your stereo and is connected between your stereo and its speaker (via an ISO adapter). There is an external microphone you place in the car and when the phone is paired via Bluetooth (wirelessly, you'll see no cables!!!), then the system/phone will interrupt the sound coming through the speaker and output it. It's wireless, so the phone can be anywhere, in a bag, breifcase etc.

Sixman9 signing off :D

Just fitted (week ago) the parrot, and it rox. It's BT, and works excelent, however some of it's functionality is not available if you use nokia phones (SE get extra features).

But it work's, it plug into the VAG head unit's and it's 100 quid.

Ashleigh

Just fitted (week ago) the parrot' date=' and it rox..[sNIP']...and it's 100 quid.

Do you mean that literally (the '100 Quid' bit). If so, where did you get yours from (Amazon was the cheapest I found at

For anyone who is interested' date=' this has just gone on Scoobynet's For Sale forum:-

[url']http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/thread.asp?threadid=271797[/url]

If its the Nokia Carkit (Cark91?) like mine, its very good and can go through the Symphony head unit.

Rob

Rob,

Did you fit yours yourself? And if you feed the output through the Symphony, did you ditch the speaker that comes with the kit?

Cheers,

:cussing: No-one seems to do a car kit for my phone! Samsung V200. Looks like i'll have to get an in car charger and personal hands free wire! :mad:

I knew I should have got a Bluetooth phone!

I've got a Samsung microwave, and I can't get a handsfree car kit for that either :( ;)

Rearrange these well known letters into a manufacturer of phones that you CAN buy car kits for:

K O I A N

:D :D

I've got a Samsung microwave' date=' and I can't get a handsfree car kit for that either :( ;)

Rearrange these well known letters into a manufacturer of phones that you CAN buy car kits for:

K O I A N

:D :D[/quote']

and the other one is the same as the surname of current England football manager! :rolleyes:

Why did I get rid of my T68i! :(

The '91 Kit can be put through the Symphony HU to great effect.

Use the Pin outs Here

Takes about 2 hours to do the whole thing, works really well as the HU controls volume, CD pause etc.

All you need are the connectors from Skoda which cost around

Rob' date='

Did you fit yours yourself? And if you feed the output through the Symphony, did you ditch the speaker that comes with the kit?

Cheers,[/quote']

I found a fitter who works for the 'Truckmobile Shed' who fitted it for me.

He recommended ditching the separate speaker - and he was right, plus its through the head unit which automutes and displays 'phone' when its in use.

As the above thread, I gave him the pin codes from Briskoda and he was well chuffed with that !

It does work very well but mine had been in 2 previous cars and the Mic' was dodgy so fitted a new one at the same time.

Rob

I got my parrott kit (114.00) inc vat from Mobiland, have to say the service was very good , everything was next day even when ordered at 4pm.

www.mobiland.co.uk/products/mobile/additional/parrot/ck3000.asp?cc=M2FRC100 .

My kit works really well and the voice recognition is excellent, only complaint is people find it hard to hear me at high speed on a noisy road surface,

morgan

The only problem I have is that I decided to mount the mic in the dashboard area, and although when moving slowly or stopped the mic is fine, unfortunatly if moving at pace / reving hard the mic pics up all the noise from inside the dash area so I must soundproof the back of it. But besides that cant notice it's installed and works well enough for now.