Post remap discussion and a little bit more:)

Hey Guys,

Hope that this post finds you well. I own a '07 Fabia vrs which was stock till last Friday.. I mean, it had some improvements like - intake from cupra, 312 brakes, hr 30 springs, but nothing was done for more power... The car gave 149 hp and 356 nm. The guy that was doing my remap did not believe it was stock, so he downloaded the file and took a look. Later on he confirmed it was stock. Is someone willing to have another look and share his opinion? The reason i am asking is, because i bought the car as stock one and it previously was remapped, however the return of the stock software was done when i did not own it.

Here is the graph of the  stock run:

IMG_20181215_143124.thumb.jpg.84bd854094126203eae43e1fdb3a1f50.jpg

Now after some mods from his side it gave only 162.9  hp and 392 nm:

IMG_20181215_143115.thumb.jpg.6b302420f866f54abbb25bafbc1baa8d.jpg

For sure there is a difference in the pull and the way it goes... honestly i would've been happier on 170 hp mark, but i decided not to push my car more on the stock clutch and turbo.

Lately i've been doing a lot of reading over here.. really a lot of info, big thanks to all of the guys that are sharing and helping to noobs like me... If possible could someone help me on the following questions i have:

1) I saw that it's normal to give from 140 to 150 hp as a stock. Any idea why it did not gave more than 163? Actually, he made another file that was only 1 hp more, but over 20 nm and we decided to live the current one - 162.9  hp and 392 nm

2)  I told him that i would like a torque limited remap, but either this did not ring a bell, or he was not in the mood to do it. Is there something more special about the torque limited remap? I mean, i know that he is increasing how much fuel to be injected and for how long(for more power), but this is as far as i go and since i do not know much i will not able to argue if he or someone else asks me question, or makes a statement. Please, shed some light on this.

3) For now i will drive it like this and i am starting to look for more power of course. What i have decided is that i will not open the engine (At least for tuning.. ) to replace the injectors!( I hope i will not open it for repairs as well...). From what i have read and not replacing the injectors i can take two paths:

3.1) Stock clutch, hybrid turbo, fmic and i could expect around 200 hp

3.2. Upgraded clutch, bigger turbo Like gtb, fmic and i could expect around 220 hp?

Doing the math the new and more strong clutch costs the same as the turbo and the fmic together, so may target will be 3.1. I have read that hybrid turbo's (1749,1752, 1756) are plug and play without any intervention. I know that this may sound stupid, but i will go ahead and ask: Will any 1752, or 1756 fit in, or it has to be a specific one? If there are other better options  -  i am always open for new ideas:)

For the fmic i am planning to take the tx autosport fmic. I think that will be good for 200+ hp?

Thank you guys.

George

Edited by georgemilev

2 minutes ago, sepulchrave said:

You'll need to replace the clutch and DMF whatever you decide unless it's already been done, no way the stock 11 year old clutch and flywheel will handle any more torque from a bigger turbo.

Yes, you have a point here and i agree! However, the price of the stock clutch is times 2 less than the performance one. :) As far as i am aware it has not been done and at the moment there are no signs of the clutch starting to give in... If i change the dmf and the clutch with a stock one and the car is 200 hp and 400 nm it would last some time if i am not driving it like an idiot?

34 minutes ago, georgemilev said:

Yes, you have a point here and i agree! However, the price of the stock clutch is times 2 less than the performance one. :) As far as i am aware it has not been done and at the moment there are no signs of the clutch starting to give in... If i change the dmf and the clutch with a stock one and the car is 200 hp and 400 nm it would last some time if i am not driving it like an idiot?

Yes.

Just out of curiosity have you looked at other sites that do remapping? Just to see what the rough idea of what gains you will get? 

Celtic Tuning is me. Had my 220bhp TSI remapped yesterday got 304bhp 

just have a little look on websites to see the general rule. See if it stacks up to yours. 

Hey,

Yes, i have looked, but i think that the reliability is the most important thing i am after. My car for sure can be mapped to more than 163 and 300 lbs of torque, but i think i will be pushing it more to it's limits, which i am not ok with.

The strange thing for me is that it gave 149 stock and it did not gave more than 14 after the remap.

George

Is it a BLT engine code? People say they are usually around 150 from factory despite being sold as 130. Mine is ASZ whch is an earlier engine code with less power from stock map but apparently maps to very much the same. Injectors are slightly different so I can't just stick a BLT map on my ASZ.

Mine has. blacksmoke  "165hp" remap file on it and considerably more powerful than before map. Still need more hahaha

They are slightly different. ASZ are 550cc and less good at low flow as far as i know. BLT are 500cc. If you put an ASZ map on BLT or vice versa it will not work right because of injectors

They are much the same but require different maps

The EGR is different but not in function as far as i know. ASZ is vacumn actuated and has no EGR cooler and BLT has an EGR cooler plus electronic actuated EGR. BLT EGR and anti shudder valve is two pieces but EGR and ASV on ASZ are one unit

ETA: Don't know the torque as never been on a dyno. not listed on blacksmoke website but it should be around 250-290ish lbf

I did not want EGR mapped out so asked for both the EGR delete map and EGR intact maps. Got both for £45

Edited by corndog

10 minutes ago, corndog said:

They are slightly different. ASZ are 550cc and less good at low flow as far as i know. BLT are 500cc. If you put an ASZ map on BLT or vice versa it will not work right because of injectors

They are much the same but require different maps

The EGR is different but not in function as far as i know. ASZ is vacumn actuated and has no EGR cooler and BLT has an EGR cooler plus electronic actuated EGR. BLT EGR and anti shudder valve is two pieces but EGR and ASV on ASZ are one unit

ETA: Don't know the torque as never been on a dyno. not listed on blacksmoke website but it should be around 250-290ish lbf

I did not want EGR mapped out so asked for both the EGR delete map and EGR intact maps. Got both for £45

Did not knew that for the injectors. This means that the BLT will map to a lower hp than the ASZ. Thanks for the heads-up!

53 minutes ago, faboka vrs said:

Like mention the blt is mapped for more power in stock form. Both map to the same power.

torque is easily controlled in the ecu depending how the mapper has altered the tables.

I think these boys are looking for some nonsense numbers to spurt and froth about, I guess we're getting back to where we were 5 years ago when all the tattooed Mongols who used to be ' active' on here wanted punch-ups if you told them their Dyno charts were a load of old cobblers.

The disease has spread to eastern Europe now.

• Haha 1

On 25/12/2018 at 13:01, corndog said:

Is it a BLT engine code? People say they are usually around 150 from factory despite being sold as 130. Mine is ASZ whch is an earlier engine code with less power from stock map but apparently maps to very much the same. Injectors are slightly different so I can't just stick a BLT map on my ASZ.

Mine has. blacksmoke  "165hp" remap file on it and considerably more powerful than before map. Still need more hahaha

I have had 2 Fabia MK 1 Vrs's   The first was a brand new 04 plate and it had the ASZ Engine I believe and then I bought an 06 ( Face lift model ) and it had the BLT Engine fitted which had more pulling power and grunt than the 04 plate. Both were standard with no mods or remaps.

1 hour ago, sepulchrave said:

I think these boys are looking for some nonsense numbers to spurt and froth about, I guess we're getting back to where we were 5 years ago when all the tattooed Mongols who used to be ' active' on here wanted punch-ups if you told them their Dyno charts were a load of old cobblers.

The disease has spread to eastern Europe now.

I am not sure i understand what is your problem Mate? I do post here to ask for things that are interesting for me. If some are nonsense for them - well, please accept my apologies that i am not enlighten as you are! Please, if you plan to comment my feature threads act more mature!

1 minute ago, georgemilev said:

I am not sure i understand what is your problem Mate? I do post here to ask for things that are interesting for me. If some are nonsense for them - well, please accept my apologies that i am not enlighten as you are! Please, if you plan to comment my feature threads act more mature!

It's humour George, lighten up!

Just now, sepulchrave said:

It's humour George, lighten up!

Mate, please excuse me. Been having some hard days the past weeks and i totally forget that i have  to look the things from that side as well. My bad.

You do have a point however, but i think that this is inevitable. I was not able to find someone with the same results i have and that's why i decided to post and ask. :)

• 2 weeks later...

The 1756 hybrid turbo is "plug & play". Make sure to order a new oil feed line (steel braided).

Upgraded clutch is recommended. Replace the flywheel too. 

I have a big eBay front mount, works fine. You will need intercooler brackets. May need modifying to clear the air con pipe. Darkside intercooler pipe kit is worth the money. 

You will be cutting alot off the inside of the bumper and also the crash bar needs some time with the grinder.

I have 240hp/420nm