Superb large mph on dash

Adam26

Hi, I'm looking at a superb 2012 i like the car and everything it's a 4x4 dsg 140 tdi

The only things I wanted and couldn't find was the digital speed can this be changed to make it into rather than kph? 

Anything I should look for aswell ? 

Sorr for for all the questions?

2 hours ago, Adam26 said:

The only things I wanted and couldn't find was the digital speed can this be changed to make it into rather than kph? 

It's never bothered me but I believe it's possible to set the country for the car to Australian via VCDS to get this.

2 hours ago, Adam26 said:

Anything I should look for aswell ?

Don't have a diesel but I would suggest parking sensors front and rear. The car is at least as big as you think it is with a fairly large front overhang!

• Like 1

On 24/12/2018 at 22:48, spk said:

It's never bothered me but I believe it's possible to set the country for the car to Australian via VCDS to get this.

I don't think you need VCDS for that. I vaguely remember that you were able to set up the units somewhere in the on board computer. I changed mine from mph to kph last year and just left it as that.

4 hours ago, Adam26 said:

why not to have a diesel? I do about 13k a year and with price of fuel?

I think he was just saying that he doesn't have a diesel. Personally I have a diesel and it's been fine - well, except for the charges being introduced in London in 2019...

12 hours ago, Sodki said:

I think he was just saying that he doesn't have a diesel. Personally I have a diesel and it's been fine - well, except for the charges being introduced in London in 2019...

That's exactly what I meant - I don't have a diesel so can't comment on them. That said, I also do 12-13k a year! :blink:

13 hours ago, Sodki said:

I don't think you need VCDS for that. I vaguely remember that you were able to set up the units somewhere in the on board computer. I changed mine from mph to kph last year and just left it as that.

I confirmed today: Settings > Units.

3 minutes ago, Jonny5ive said:

To confirm you will need VCDS to code large digital MPH on dash.

HTH 

Agreed, as std no MKII Superb had the large MPH display in the UK.

19 hours ago, Sodki said:

5 hours ago, Sodki said:

I confirmed today: Settings > Units.

Yours had obviously been coded with VCDS beforehand then, as once it has been coded you can switch back and forth in the settings.

• Like 1

Is there a guide somewhere for coding the large MPH display on VDCS?

I have access to VDCS this afternoon for another purpose but have wanted to do this for a little while!

G

50 minutes ago, gr0m1t said:

Is there a guide somewhere for coding the large MPH display on VDCS?

I have access to VDCS this afternoon for another purpose but have wanted to do this for a little while!

G

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hi I'm not sure if anyone is still interested in doing this but I've changed my display to large mph using carista it's cheap on Amazon and you get 1 month free membership it has a few different customisations and can read fault codes

• 4 weeks later...
On 14/04/2019 at 21:23, Tulseface said:

Hi I'm not sure if anyone is still interested in doing this but I've changed my display to large mph using carista it's cheap on Amazon and you get 1 month free membership it has a few different customisations and can read fault codes

Just spotted this post, do you have to change the display to 'Australian' to get the large MPH ?  Does this affect anything else in the MFD ?  I have Carista also which has been great but not used it much for mods.

Thanks

I changed the coding to rest of world then go into DIS settings then units then cons/dust and change from Kms to MPH

Also make sure to tick digital speedo which should show up after the coding change. You may need an ignition cycle to get it to populate the menu

4567A1C8-D7ED-4C77-9482-4ED288BCDB0F.jpeg

44B320E4-44C6-4727-B85D-C9CEDD390C8B.jpeg

A7ACF346-3284-45DA-8585-9745EF406552.jpeg

C3D0F94D-8870-4AE8-A4BD-DB2C8E4B31B3.jpeg

Edited by 3T1704X4