Considering a Kodiaq

10 minutes ago, SurreyJohn said:

...... and presumably you park it in a heated garage so that the armrest is also warm   :smirk:

Don't forget unless it's garaged the side windows still need scraping if the fuel flap isn't frozen shut (where the ice scraper lives).:x

I've been looking at the Allspace and Kodiaq. VW was a big disappointment. How have VW managed to design their version to be so different for space inside? Rear seat (3rd row) space is awful and the boot as others have said has an annoying hump in it. We looked and walked away cancelling the test drive we had booked.

I've managed to get a 17% discount for Kodiaq 2.0 TSI 190 SE L via Carwow and with 15 options still kept the full RRP to under £40k

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Skoffski said:

It is good that there are choices and differences between a Skoda, VW, SEAT or Audi when they are sister cars.

Not everyone can wait 26 weeks for a Factory Build, and by that time maybe the MY20 models spec will be announced.

I hadn't thought of the MY20 effect. Perhaps some of my 'extras' will be included as standard by then. On the other hand they might clear the backlog and I'll get it in July....

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 20:34, silver1011 said:

I once called it the Puke, but someone got offended.

Funny, I have always called it the Nissan Puke as it offends me so. Just like the ****su****y Galant my friend owned! And a good friend referred to my Fabia as a ladies body part.

• Like 1

In the end I went with the Touran. I found a very nice one, second hand, at a decent price. Available now and not in 24 weeks (and we need a car). Not only that, but the main dealers just never followed up. 

Made more sense with the better ISOfix provision and the likely mess the kids would have made in the lovely Kodiaq. Thanks to everyone for the advice. Perhaps I'll be on here again some day!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, SurreyJohn said:

On 21/01/2019 at 17:34, Skoffski said:

..., and by that time maybe the MY20 models spec will be announced.

On 21/01/2019 at 18:23, Retrac said:

I hadn't thought of the MY20 effect. Perhaps some of my 'extras' will be included as standard by then. On the other hand they might clear the backlog and I'll get it in July....

The announcements in advance of the Geneva Motor Show are likely to form the basis of MY20 changes:

·         ŠKODA logo in block capitals at the rear.

·         The new Side Assist, now with a range of 70 metres, is available as an option.

·         Another innovation is the DCC adaptive chassis control that will also be available in the future for versions with front-wheel drive.

·         ŠKODA KODIAQ gets a new tyre pressure monitoring system with pressure sensors on each wheel.

·         The model variant SCOUT is optionally available with ventilated seats.

·         ŠKODA will be offering the KODIAQ RS and SPORTLINE with the new ‘Ignite’ 20-inch alloy wheels.

Any ideas as to why the new Side Assist is needing a range of 70 metres?

11 minutes ago, Arkaig said:

Any ideas as to why the new Side Assist is needing a range of 70 metres?

This is North Korean version.

No cars but highways 8 lanes wide.

• Haha 1

been looking but took a Mini Countryman all4  out and it was nice and phev   fast and good on fuel 

may be a nice  suv 

On 01/03/2019 at 19:28, Arkaig said:

The announcements in advance of the Geneva Motor Show are likely to form the basis of MY20 changes:

·         ŠKODA logo in block capitals at the rear.

Can't say I like it - a bit too similar to Volvo

502EB7CC-2B0B-45B1-AD4A-11FC67168548.thumb.jpeg.a6baf728c1e5ed363f8a04427092e6b6.jpeg

Volvo.png.31c206d17fe004441ced4ab4b89a27e5.png

Edited by Arkaig
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Arkaig said:

Me neither. That looks awful. It seemed OK on the new Skoda Scala but that was presumably designed with the approach in mind.

On that Kodiaq, it looks like some fool went off to the local hardware store and bought the blingy letters cos he got bored and a bit ****ed over a bank holiday weekend...

Seeing as they put it on the back of a VRS,  fake exhausted, fake engine sound generating and 42K before options model - they would have been better off spelling "M  A  N  I  A  C".

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Skoffski said:

I like the lettering in red on the rear of the yellow Vision iV pre production car.

Screenshot 2019-03-06 at 22.48.24.png

Must admit looks fussy with all those letters on the back of the Kodiaq Vrs. Think Skoda got the idea from the Australian chap with the Superb who spaced his letters out on both the front and back of his car. Hope he patented the idea so he can sue Skoda HQ. One final thought seeing the red lettering makes me wonder whether this will be another option offered in the future. Colour coded lettering for a small extra fee.:smirk:

• Like 1

Pity they can not be back lit, but they can be reflective.

In the Honda e-Concept videos it is said the 'H' on the front can not illuminate because that would be advertising.

I take that with the same pinch of salt that Ford have the copyright on the use of RS.

1 hour ago, silver1011 said:

It's all a bit... Halford's...

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.95f8f7896342908fcb56604ef51787c7.jpg

Great better pop down and get a pair of V-R-S letters for my front wings like a SPORTLINE. Sure it will add 5mph to the top speed, shame about the extra weight though.:thumbup:

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎07‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 08:50, Arkaig said:

502EB7CC-2B0B-45B1-AD4A-11FC67168548.thumb.jpeg.a6baf728c1e5ed363f8a04427092e6b6.jpeg

Volvo.png.31c206d17fe004441ced4ab4b89a27e5.png

Damn....I was close to that......it looks really similar to something......yep...now I know....volvo.....

• 2 months later...