Fabia III 95ps purchase!

7 minutes ago, Benz3ne said:

Not bad not bad! I'd assume I'm doing more motorway miles than you. :)

I've definitely ticked over 3,000. May have surpassed 3,100 but will definitely be at 3,200 by the end of the week...

Yup mine is nearly all short runs and generally at bloody rush hours 

IMG_8755.thumb.JPG.ee4087b59d3895357741fe16638bd7c3.JPG

Wind deflectors, fitted (I think...).

Explanation: They fit nicely, don't feel like they're moving around but I can't tell whether the clips are 'in' far enough. I can't seem to snug them in any further, you can see a small portion of the tab from outside the car, and they move slightly as the window is wound up against them. However, the deflectors aren't 'loose' in the channel, so I'm assuming they're in about right?

Time will tell, if I have a very whistly journey tomorrow, I can estimate the culprit!

Edited by Benz3ne

Okay, so I'm not sure about the wind deflectors. They're fantastic up to around 40-45mph. No notable difference in noise, wind noise etc. with the added benefit of less turbulence with the windows open.

However, I'm getting some moderate wind noise into the cabin at motorway speeds. It's not massive but enough for me to notice and, being relatively OCD in this department, the benefit of a quiet drive outweighs the benefit of my hair not being blown around as much... Think I'm going to remove them tonight!

If you're doing purely town driving, these would be a great investment in my opinion. I'm not though, so they don't suit me.

P.s. she's shinier again after a very quick rinse on Saturday.

IMG_8778.jpg

To me the benefit of 'wind deflectors' (on vehicles) is when parked and in the car in rain / snow / humid weather etc and the windows can be down a bit and the weather is not 'dripping' or pouring in and glass is not steaming up.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Skoffski said:

To me the benefit of 'wind deflectors' (on vehicles) is when parked and in the car in rain / snow / humid weather etc and the windows can be down a bit and the weather is not 'dripping' or pouring in and glass is not steaming up.

I can see where you're coming from. I might try and persevere for a little longer and decide when we actually get some rain down here, probably this weekend. :)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Quick question Benz3ne..... You mention that the later Carista beta's have corrected the issues with HHC but have you also retried the cornering fogs function that you said also didn't work on the car to see if that has also been corrected?

10 hours ago, WaveyDavey said:

Quick question Benz3ne..... You mention that the later Carista beta's have corrected the issues with HHC but have you also retried the cornering fogs function that you said also didn't work on the car to see if that has also been corrected?

I did retry them perhaps a month or 6 weeks ago and they still hadn't been fixed. I might re-ask the question as they're handy through country lanes at night.

• Thanks 1

On 18/08/2019 at 09:38, Benz3ne said:

I did retry them perhaps a month or 6 weeks ago and they still hadn't been fixed. I might re-ask the question as they're handy through country lanes at night.

Successfully enabled HHC on our 19 plate today....... Also enabled cornering fogs ok too. There were two options showing in the Carista app one option for cornering fogs and a second for cornering fogs (experimental). I used the normal cornering fogs option and it worked straight away. 

18 minutes ago, WaveyDavey said:

Successfully enabled HHC on our 19 plate today....... Also enabled cornering fogs ok too. There were two options showing in the Carista app one option for cornering fogs and a second for cornering fogs (experimental). I used the normal cornering fogs option and it worked straight away. 

Great! What type of Fabia do you have? I.e. mines a Colour Edition so I’m wondering if there’s any hardware required that one might/might not have over another. 

It's a 19 plate 95ps Colour Edition with a build date of 17/05/2019.  Just a vehicle that the dealership already had in ready to go. 

Maybe the latest beta release has rectified the fogs issue? Might be worth you updating the beta app and having another go. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, WaveyDavey said:

It's a 19 plate 95ps Colour Edition with a build date of 17/05/2019.  Just a vehicle that the dealership already had in ready to go. 

Maybe the latest beta release has rectified the fogs issue? Might be worth you updating the beta app and having another go. 

Grand, thanks Davey! Much appreciated - I'll get on to them now :)

17 hours ago, WaveyDavey said:

Response from Carista;

"Well, we haven't changed our implementation, but if you have your friend on whose car the cornering lights are working fine send us debug data from his car, we may be able to compare and extract the necessary info to get this to work. "

Thoughts?

2 hours ago, Benz3ne said:

Response from Carista;

"Well, we haven't changed our implementation, but if you have your friend on whose car the cornering lights are working fine send us debug data from his car, we may be able to compare and extract the necessary info to get this to work. "

Thoughts?

I'll PM you my details so you can pass them on. (I sent them a confirmation the adaption had worked and they already have the debug data for the car).