glass cleaning

Tiffy

any experts out there have any secrets they want to share on the best way to clean glass on my superb. I have tried lots of glass cleaners but without exception all left streaks. maybe I'm too fussy!!!!!!

thanks

John w.:mad:

I'm with Ross on this - Meg's Glass Cleaner. I apply with kitchen towel, and clean off with a microfibre towel.

I've used Clearkote's Quickshine for other things - good product but it's not really intended for interior glass.

Steve

I'm no expert car washer, but a tiny bit of lemon juice diluted in warm water and a chammy seems to give me the best results. :)

I've tried all sorts of other window cleaning products and they all seemed to leave streaks and horrible marks. And they always become more apparent after packing up and taking the car for a drive! :( I haven't tried that Meg's glass cleaner yet, but may give it a try!

I've had the streaking with quite a few other products, but not Megs so I'd try that out. Check their online shop (www.meguiars.co.uk) or quite a few decent eBay sellers stock their stuff.

If you were local you could have come round and sampled it :D

Steve

Scrunched up newspaper and warm water. Dip the paper in the water, and give the glas a good going over. Dry with dry newspaper, followed by a towell.

Gets my vote, streak free interior windows without a doubt. I use a dab of washing up liquid and then dip a micro fibre cloth in it, wring out as much as poss' then scrunch up a page from MCN and dry it with that.

It's the way we used to get army recruits to clean their billet windows in the old days, and believe me, the little sh!ts new about it if it was NOT streak free :D :D

Hey it's what window cleaners used before squeeeeedgies came along and costs next to nothing...

• 4 years later...

Gets my vote, streak free interior windows without a doubt. I use a dab of washing up liquid and then dip a micro fibre cloth in it, wring out as much as poss' then scrunch up a page from MCN and dry it with that.

It's the way we used to get army recruits to clean their billet windows in the old days, and believe me, the little sh!ts new about it if it was NOT streak free :D :D

Hey it's what window cleaners used before squeeeeedgies came along and costs next to nothing...

I second this, I use the same method.

+1 for the Megs NXT. I am uber fussy about smeared glass. I use this and a Kent Glass cloth from Asda and its brilliant!

As with many products this will be down to personal preference but for me the bulk Megs Glass Cleaner works very well but again only with a specific Glass Cleaning Cloth......... :thumbup:

Can someone clarify if using a glass cleaner on the headlamps= bad (something to do with them being polycarbonate?)and have a reaction to certain chemicals in cleaners. Ive been using AG glass polish.

Working for a lighting manufacturer I can confirm that Head Lamp Outer Lenses are very resistant to most chemcials because they have to be, you should see some of the tests that the lamps have to go through with specific customer's in order to pass all the legal requirements.

Glass cleaner will not bother the PC (polycarbonate) lens and as they are also hard coated this adds to it's resistance nature.

Granted dependant on how old your vehicle is the hard coating technology will be specific to the manufacturer and it's durability.

As with paintwork the hard coating acts like a lacquer and prevents UV degradation but it will scratch and get chipped with everyday use over time................. :S

On the subject of glass cleaning, my windscreen seems to have picked up a large amount of road film / grease, which product(s) are best for removing this?

Thanks

Claying will remove this, if not then any sort of polish should do the trick, just don't get it on the window rubber......... :no:

Claying will remove this, if not then any sort of polish should do the trick, just don't get it on the window rubber......... :no:

Did it with some kitchen cleaner (think it was Cif) first, this got rid of all the grease, then followed by glass cleaner...worked a treat!

(If you want to try kitchen cleaner, don't get it on your paint!)