Not Ad(ing)Blue

Hi,

so had the superb for over a month now and all in all it’s great... but it’s not using any AdBlue?? It’s 190 tdi manual 2wd.

Its done 1500 miles and I check it in the meter and it still shows 6000 miles every week, same as when I picked it up... I think my car is making its own!?

anyone notice say a long period of distance to empty staying the same for ages then catching up quickly? Too cold for the system to be using it???

Any advice would be great, thanks

C1DF8A26-B323-4EC0-B614-06DD369A3E26.jpeg

Depends on how you drive. If it’s mostly motorway it will do more than the 6000 shown anyway.

when we picked up our Mk3 150 dsg estate it showed 6500 miles on the adblue level but it was just over 8500 miles before it was topped up

dont worry you get audio and visual notifications when it gets down to 1500 miles

Edited by hwr1983
  • Like 1

Thanks for the feedback and yes seems logical that it is driving style dependant. I do a mix of motorway with just a bit of town so stacks up. I’ll give it another 2000 miles and see if the “needle” moves!

Now you have spoken about it probably very soon it will show 5,500 mile range.

VW / Skodas last hoorah with a Defeat Device still that has the TDI's sipping AdBlue.

Each time i filled the AdBlue tank the range shows 1,000 miles more than the fill before.

I filled mine in June last year when I got the 1500 mile warning. Afterwards it read 8000 to the next fill. Checked this morning and it's reading 3500 miles to go. I don't have numbers to hand, but I've done a lot more than 4500 miles in that time. So don't worry about it. 

Looks like the engineered pig p*ss is all over the shop as far as consumption etc goes. Thanks for the help. Where do people get there adblue from when it is time to top up. Skoda or Halfords/ garage?

11 hours ago, Gizmo said:

Buy it at a fuel station via the pump (HGV pumps usually) for about 69p a litre. 

Gizmo's is the cheapest way, but if you don't fancy that then Halfords is fine. It's not necessary to buy Skoda branded adblue. My last top up was £11 for a 10 litre container at Halfords. 

11 hours ago, SiBo777 said:

Looks like the engineered pig p*ss is all over the shop as far as consumption etc goes. Thanks for the help. Where do people get there adblue from when it is time to top up. Skoda or Halfords/ garage?

I think regarding range it starts off with a default range then adjusts depending on driving style 

2 hours ago, BriskodaJeff said:

Gizmo's is the cheapest way, but if you don't fancy that then Halfords is fine. It's not necessary to buy Skoda branded adblue. My last top up was £11 for a 10 litre container at Halfords. 

We don't have a Halfords near us, so I use the local motor factor and pay about the same for 10 litres.  I do check that it complies with standard ISO 22241-1 that is mentioned in the handbook.

I use a tube I bought on eBay that screws into the bottle and the filler, so there's no risk of spillage or contamination.  I just stand by the car with the bottle inverted for about 5 minutes until the bottle's empty and the jobs done.

33 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Not to mention the easiest, why make a simple job difficult?

Because I don't know of any fuel stations in our area that has an AdBlue pump.  When I use an AdBlue search site, it says the nearest is in Shrewsbury and I'm not driving 154 miles just to fill up with AdBlue, though I'm sure there must be some nearer in Cardiff or Swansea.

32 minutes ago, Penpusher said:

Because I don't know of any fuel stations in our area that has an AdBlue pump.  When I use an AdBlue search site, it says the nearest is in Shrewsbury and I'm not driving 154 miles just to fill up with AdBlue, though I'm sure there must be some nearer in Cardiff or Swansea.

Your closest seems to be:

Millennium Service Stations Ltd

Valley Heights Service Station, Dowlais Top

CF48 2YE Merthyr Tydfil

United Kingdom

Also most motorway services sell adblue via the pump and given the long range the car can go top up when you get to half a tank or so and more importantly when you are passing, just like most people do with diesel, I'm sure there are still people who go out specifically to fill a car up with fuel, but they must be the minority? 

As I say, keep the job as simple as you can (even if it means filling up with a few thousand miles of adblue left.)

https://www.yara.co.uk/chemical-and-environmental-solutions/adblue-for-vehicles/adblue-for-commercial-vehicles/where-can-i-buy-adblue/ 

Edited by Gizmo
link added

16 hours ago, SiBo777 said:

Halfords.  10 or 11 quid.

Drum comes with a nozzle too, its dead easy to pour in.