Rear Seat iPad Mounts & vRS Seats

As you all know, the vRS seats have no adjustable headrests therefore nowhere to mount the traditional tablet holder for the kids in the rear.

Has anyone got a good solution to this problem? Ideally I would like to mount the tablet in the middle of the rear seats as well. 

TIA.

• Like 1

lol, brilliant! ^^^

Does it stay still enough to keep watching George Pig? I thought it may sway a little if not anchored more than that, which has the potential to make the kids feel sick (never a good idea! especially without leather (wipe-clean) seats!!!!). 

Well my daughter had it on for about 3 hours the other day from Birmingham to Porthcawl for half term and was fine lol.

She got a bit travel sick on the way home, but that was probably because she was holding it instead that time. Nothing a nap didn't sort out!

Appreciate the replies. String makes sense! 

Seen the generic cup holder mounts, I wonder if one could be used in the rear centre armrest and attempt to move the bracket forward so both kids could see the screen. 

On 22/02/2019 at 13:00, SashaGrace said:

One of my ‘off in the future’ mods is to try and install the Superb cup holder with the tablet mount in it. Now you’ve bought it up I’ll have to check eBay lol.

Where do you fit the Superb cup holder? 

It replaces the cup holder in the armrest. If you have the cup holder that sits longitudinally in the armrest it’s no help, but if you have the transverse one then it could be a workable thing. Having a cupholder mount for a tablet would probably do if you aren’t as extra as me with the modding lol. 

• Like 1

On 26/02/2019 at 09:59, JohnnyType2 said:

will the string/bailer twine not rub the PU off the seat rests eventually?

I'd imagine so eventually. However its only goes on for occasional holiday use and only putting on when needed, so over the last 4 years nothing yet.

On 26/02/2019 at 09:39, match14 said:

I was able to mount an iPad using this

TFY Universal Car Headrest Mount Holder for Portable DVD Player https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00O1GUD4W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_sKqDCb5K59KQ2

+1 for this. Stays on, barely noticeable to the person using the seat. Holds an iPad well. 1 tablet, 2 children watching 

• Thanks 1

So. Went with the cheap option (obv... I do drive a Skoda). Worked really well on the first part of our night journey down to the tunnel. Then to Villages Nature near Disneyland Paris. 

Car performed even better. Its an absolute pleasure to drive. 

IMG_20190306_080806.jpg

IMG_20190306_183740.jpg

I've got an Amazon DVD/MP4 player gizmo and the holder for it has two horizontal straps, I just connected the straps in an X shape and hooked over the top of seat; works fine.