New VRs, Fitted Tyres??

Hi there everyone, i pick up my VRs on Saturday and i really can't wait. I am wondering though what tyres it is likely to come with on?? I really dont have a clue what i should be hoping for but what does anyone think that it should come with??

Any help much appreciated!!

Hi there everyone' date=' i pick up my VRs on Saturday and i really can't wait. I am wondering though what tyres it is likely to come with on?? I really dont have a clue what i should be hoping for but what does anyone think that it should come with??

Any help much appreciated!![/quote']

March 05 for mine, came fitted with Conti's

there are some guys that have just taken delivery of 06 vRS's though so hopefully they will be along shortly to tell us what the Factory have secured a container load of for this next few months :D :D

Cheers Fluffmeister, do they tend to be stingey or do they try to put decent tyres on the new cars??

I am happy with my Conti's mate, there are guys here that have insider knowledge on such things :)

I know some have had Bridgestones, I think they use pretty reasonable tyres, my conti's have worn well with a couple of wheel roatations (front to rear etc) and are still a little way off the wear indicators @ 19k miles.

Do a search on the fabia foum, I am sure you will come up with lot's of tyre related stuff.

I know some have had Bridgestones' date=' I think they use pretty reasonable tyres, my conti's have worn well with a couple of wheel roatations (front to rear etc) and are still a little way off the wear indicators @ 19k miles [/quote']

Mine are nearly dead at 15500 miles :eek:

I blame it on the cack roads in Yorkshire !

Despite anyone elses opinion, I find my original conti's more than adequate for my driving style and I will probably replace with same.Fortunately I have a mate in the trade.

March 06 also on bridgestones. Seem very noisey, but then I don't have anything to compare it with what with this being my first fabia and all. I'm guessing things will quieten down as they wear in a little.

Hi there everyone' date=' i pick up my VRs on Saturday and i really can't wait. I am wondering though what tyres it is likely to come with on?? I really dont have a clue what i should be hoping for but what does anyone think that it should come with??

Any help much appreciated!![/quote']

Congrats on your new car - in advance :)

I will let you know what mine are (got mine yesterday) tomorrow, dark and wet outside now.

BTW, any ideas for the best tyre pressures for best grip etc?

Mike

So looks like it could be the brigestones then, im not too bothered to be honest, im not a tyre geek so i know little about them, would just be nice to know what they are so i can do a little reading on them.

What bridgestone model are they, and size?

Cheers Echo, is it abnormal to be very excited about getting my car, im 19 and its only just under a week away until i get it but i cant sleep some nights because im thinking about it!!

Jan 06 - Continental SportContact 2.

They've done only 3500 kilometers and the front ones have only 5mm thread left...

Aahh, crap roads in Slovenia as well ? :rofl:

Cheers Echo, is it abnormal to be very excited about getting my car, im 19 and its only just under a week away until i get it but i cant sleep some nights because im thinking about it!!

19!!!!!! Not surprising that you're not sleeping :)

Mine are nearly dead at 15500 miles :eek:

I blame it on the cack roads in Yorkshire !

Despite anyone elses opinion' date=' I find my original conti's more than adequate for my driving style and I will probably replace with same.Fortunately I have a mate in the trade.[/quote']

lol.... :rofl: I blame it on your re-map! I've driven your car remember? ;) commin to the next cat 'n' fiddle meet? (note: the conti's are fine, mine came with them too 05 model)

Not crapy roads, just powerful FWD engine :D

Bridgestone Turanza's on mine (Sept 05) Bit noisy but worn Ok up to now

PS. Driving down there (Slovenia) in May to climb Triglav. In BMW 535D M Sport Touring. Will be based in Mostjrana. :thumbup:

Jun 05, Michelin Pilot Primacy, 12500, about 5mm left on the front, backs as good as new, must stop wheel spinning! I think the Michelins are ok. They scrabble a bit for grip in the wet but i've never skidded laterelly of anything.