Wiper blades

Can anyone recommend decent wiper blades please or have a link to some, 

fronts need replacing and rear, it’s an estate and the rear was a fortune from the dealer when I last replaced it

Cheers

Morning,

I'd never buy that sort of stuff from the stealership!

I'm assuming you're in the UK here; I'd suggest going to your local Motorfactors or similar and buy the appropriate Bosch replacements. I seem to remember the rear wiper blade on my estate was an odd size and possibly had to be ordered in. Looks like a rear is probably going to cost you a tenner.

Here's an example for you: https://www.europarts-motorfactors.com/skoda-superb-3.6-petrol-2011/product/wipers-wi-wiper-arms-blades-wipa-wi/wiper-blade/A403H

Cheers,

Steve

I have used the Bosch Aerotwins but after my second set  I got a squeak, no amount  of cleaning would stop it and I tried everything, vinegar, Clay bar, window polishes basically I watched EVERY YouTube video on windscleaning and NOTHING worked

So I bit the bullet and got PIAA silicon blades from a company called  Power-bulbs. No the cheapest but the best.

Not quite as easy to fit as the Bosch as you have to choose which adaptor use but they are the best wiper blades I have ever used, totally silent 

https://www.powerbulbs.com/store/category/wiper-blades

Edited by sadgit1

Bosch is OEM.

The rear is Bosch A403H (400mm / 16").

The fronts are A188S (600mm / 24" & 450mm / 18")

You can get all three for less than £35 on Amazon, delivered to your door.

• Like 2

All wipers now replaced, thanks Silver for the part numbers. Made it so much easier to find, 

Fronts off eBay 

Back from eurocar parts

cheers

Edited by Snapper1725
  • Like 1

Hi a666andy when buying the Bosch blades do I need to order with the adapters or not. I checked your link and saw both, just want to be sure before I order. Cheers

6 hours ago, Meyannos said:

Hi a666andy when buying the Bosch blades do I need to order with the adapters or not. I checked your link and saw both, just want to be sure before I order. Cheers

Hi

If you've done the search using your car registration then it should suggest push button arm (presuming yours is same fitment as mine). If so then you don't need the set with all the adaptors, the other set is push button arm if you open it.

Andy

21 minutes ago, TheRobinK said:

Why - are they any good? They all seem to need adapters rather than being a direct fit...

Heyner wiper blades for Superb 2

I presume this is just a way to keep costs down instead of making same length blades with individual different connectors, seem to get some fairly decent reviews.

I'm sticking with my suggestion though, a 2nd and 3rd place in a couple of reviews :)

Autoexpress review

Carbuyer review

Edited by a666andy
Links

7 minutes ago, a666andy said:

I presume this is just a way to keep costs down instead of making same length blades with individual different connectors

I'm sure you're right. 

I'd just prefer to avoid the extra plastic part involved, if possible. I used one with an adapter when I was stuck once (some scumbag ripped my drivers side off and I needed one quick!) and it had an annoying habit of clicking when there wasn't a lot of water on the screen.

1 minute ago, TheRobinK said:

I'd just prefer to avoid the extra plastic part involved, if possible. 

Agreed. I fitted a set for the ex ages ago, she purchased different to my suggestion and once fitted, had half a box of adaptors left over, seemed such a waste

53 minutes ago, a666andy said:

I presume this is just a way to keep costs down instead of making same length blades with individual different connectors, seem to get some fairly decent reviews.

I'm sticking with my suggestion though, a 2nd and 3rd place in a couple of reviews :)

Autoexpress review

Carbuyer review

The Bosch Aerotwin won both tests.

£18 for the pair, I'm not sure why anyone would try anything else...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, silver1011 said:

The Bosch Aerotwin won both tests.

£18 for the pair, I'm not sure why anyone would try anything else...

Ah yes good point on the price when on sale, makes sense..... and let's be honest, ecp sales are like dfs

Edited by a666andy
  • Haha 1

I thought this 'Hurry! - Flash Sale - Ends Tonight', bull was illegal.

At least when they offer another equivalent sale, no?

Don't get me wrong, i appreciate the discount, just not the 'panic buy or lose out' bit.

• Thanks 1

not sure on illegal but certainly clamped down on, mostly where they give a previous to sale price etc....

And this is one of the reasons I normally stay away form ECP, their normal prices are just madness, way over the top and need a discount code to make them normal price. For example, these bosch wipers can be had for just over £19 lots of places on a daily basis and mostly £20 ish every other half decent seller, so £36 from ECP lol, I'd rather buy from someone not trying to rob me in the first place

• Thanks 1

You've just got to use your common sense lads. Do your research and buy at the right time.

£20-£25 for the front pair is the going rate on eBay and Amazon, but there are a lot of fakes out there.

The ECP discount made them the cheapest online for a short period of time, with the added benefit of knowing they're genuine, plus same day delivery if ordered before 3pm.

I always have a spare pair in the garage, so buy when I see a good deal. If you're not bothered about saving a few quid on consumables just buy them when you need them.

• Like 3