can anybody beat this

reading the posts about fuel tank range it surprised me that nobody seemed to get much over 500 miles to a tank.well beat this if you can 645 miles to a tank yes thats right 645.pretty impressive hey.

That little black thing, with the flippy out silver bit, thats the key...... put that into the ignition (by the steering wheel, a little slot to the right), turn the key and listen for a clanky clanky sound.

oh, and the 3 silver shiny things by your feet, the right one is the "loud pedal" press that down whilst in gear and you may well see a slight degradation in fuel economy :D :D :D :D

Think the Octy tank is bigger, the Furby only has a 45l tank.

If you "brim" the Fabia tank (52l) , driven sensibly 600 miles should be easy peasy. I regularly get 480-500 without brimming it. :thumbup:

I get only about 200 miles on £20 of diesel. :( Combination of sticky tyres and a willingness to push the loud pedal. I think about £5 of diesel goes straight out in the soot cloud I leave behind me. :D

What trick is that then?

theres a little black button inside the filler flap that releases pressure after you filled up it lets you put more in.

dont do it on a warm day or if you arent driving far after filling up or pressure might pop the filler cap and fuel will run down the side of your car.

I've yet to score more than 450! ...and part of that was M25 on a Friday night, average of about 40 mph, 51+mpg to my mate's place.

WTF 45mpg is good enough for me. Think if I could restrict speed to 70mph, I might do better but I get seduced by the dark side of the torque.

J.

I have done over 800 miles on a tank of diesel on my way to Italy (think it was 843).

Admittedly I was in my Superb which probably has a bigger tank, I think I can just get 60L in if its absolutely empty, and almost literally running on fumes.

The expansion 'trick' wont allow you to put any more fuel in afterwards for some reason on the Superb :confused:

engine is free'd up properly i would say by about 10k maybe more. mine felt noticably stronger after it's 20k service, so much so even swmbo noticed it :eek:

30k now and still going strong.

i never really mesured mpg so i cant compare when the car was new to now.

my brother managed 160 miles in his clio cup to a £35 tank.

I was sure the Furby tank was 45 litres? When I did my recent 70mpg+ trip down the M56, I was running on empty, pulled off to get fuel when the light came on with 60 miles left on the range. Well, I was always under the impression that the range was based around the last 30 miles of driving or so, in which case that should have meant I could have got over 40 litres in, but I only got 36.4 litres in! Is my tank not breathing when I fill it or something? :(