Karoq software update. Progress report.

JakeB1941

7 minutes ago, varooom said:

That website is a placebo, you will not get firmware updates from there.

So you will need to visit a dealer/independant workshop to get firmware updates, but remember if the car is working now, why mess with it.

Many thanks for getting back.

Yes, the site is really obsolete. 

Well, it is working, but anyway, there should be updates. For example, I believe, my car should have a lane assistant as it has a camera behind the front mirror, front assist and side assist, maybe it is not switched on? Also infotainment design, I do not believe they haven't update it...

1 hour ago, Skyguar said:

Many thanks for getting back.

Yes, the site is really obsolete. 

Well, it is working, but anyway, there should be updates. For example, I believe, my car should have a lane assistant as it has a camera behind the front mirror, front assist and side assist, maybe it is not switched on? Also infotainment design, I do not believe they haven't update it...

There's a very big chance of getting a firmware update for the radio from me.

Odds are high of updates to other control modules, but you need correct hardware and software to load these.

• Like 1

On 19/05/2023 at 10:15, cri1410sti said:

Hello,

Found the main plausible explanation for the kangaroo.

As you probably know, the 1.5tsi engine does not have an EGR, the egr is replaced by the valves overlap, "scavenging" the exhaust gasses in order to minimize the NOx.

It is all about the inlet and exhaust valves overlap and recirculate the smoke more that is should, it is not a mistake, is almost the same thing like #dieselgate.

So the fix is to remap the ECU with the map for the exhaust valves that should be minimum retard(or to remain on zero)  in order to not overlap with the advance of the inlet valves.

Please, if someone has the possibility to check these 2 maps and post them then we can be 100% sure and probably someone smart enough can do the hole map and test it.

Sorry for my bad english :)image.jpeg.f088e82096f4fb588ea547b62249174b.jpegimage.jpeg.41833c8e945dcd744a138ec15c977bf1.jpeg

Hello again,

I also think that also the ignition advance is set to the minimum for the 1000-1400 at low acceleration in order to reduce the fuel consumtion in the city. But we can know for sure only if someone can post a complete, original 8MB ecu map.

3D mapping in conjunction with the knock sensor will always apply the maximum ignition advance on part throttle openings to minimise fuel consumption.

In the good old days it was achieved in a very poor manner in the distributeur by the vacuum advance mechanism.

• 3 months later...
On 22/05/2023 at 19:00, J.R. said:

3D mapping in conjunction with the knock sensor will always apply the maximum ignition advance on part throttle openings to minimise fuel consumption.

In the good old days it was achieved in a very poor manner in the distributeur by the vacuum advance mechanism.

hello,

My kangaroo was fixed 2 days ago by the dealer with an ECU sw update from 0863 to 1910.

Karoq 2021 - 1.5tsi 150hp DPCA, Mq281-UET