Retrofit Project

Shahoff

23 hours ago, Shahoff said:

Will work with Bolero but will be no maps. However then you do not need to run ANY extra cables as standard  dashboard cable will do. 

Thanks! Was it too hard to unmount existing dashboard? Screws involved or just clips?

You have any advice for an amateur like me? Where to start first on cockpit and how many hours to allocate?

28 minutes ago, gere said:

Thanks! Was it too hard to unmount existing dashboard? Screws involved or just clips?

You have any advice for an amateur like me? Where to start first on cockpit and how many hours to allocate?

Mechanically its not big deal , but you need dealer or someone who have an access to VW database to reprogram  your dashboard and  register the keys. This usually cost some money as well. 

That's great, less cables to take care and run. But the key reg didn't think at all :-)

If you got any other fitting advice or guide, please let me know.

Thanks again

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Shahoff wonderful project, 

i just bought 2018 2.0 TDi 4x4 karoq with all the optionsd that were available in my contry, the only thing that is missing is the Virtual cockpit,

do you have any guide or pic who to retrofit  it by my sellf, serial number for the part that i need ?

Thank you,

lio

• 4 weeks later...
On 29/10/2019 at 22:11, MES4U said:

Shahoff.  

Do you have a list of what needs to be coded to make the virtual cockpit work?  

I can't get the map on mine.

Regards.

This is not simple coding. You need to have an access to VW online Database via ODIS or similar. The main reason is IMMO keys are sitting inside the dash.

On 27/10/2019 at 19:50, yuval said:

Shahoff wonderful project, 

i just bought 2018 2.0 TDi 4x4 karoq with all the optionsd that were available in my contry, the only thing that is missing is the Virtual cockpit,

do you have any guide or pic who to retrofit  it by my sellf, serial number for the part that i need ?

P8AAAgIyquA-1920.jpg

and 1.2M MOST fibre cable if you have Columbus

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/04/2019 at 00:13, Shahoff said:

3) Borderless mirror , I had one retrofitted on my SUP3 and its brilliant. Mirror on its way as well.

bKAAAgAyquA-960.jpg

Hey there Shahoff, thank your for your post. 

Can you please tell me the reference of the bordless mirror that you installed as there are multiple references out there and I'm not sure which one will work on my Karoq.

Thanks

On 07/12/2019 at 00:25, Shahoff said:

3G0857511AD , but if you are are from Europe - I have brand new for you, jut got it with front camera.

Hey there! Thank you for your quick reply. Yes I'm from europe (France to be more exact).

Ok for the one with the front camera. But it is still Plug and Play?

Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

So thanks to Shahoff I installed my bordeless mirror. There were to videos that helped me with the installation:

I know it is not that hard but when you're doing it for the first time it really helps to watch some of them before.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Windscreen changed, camera installed, wires run to the point. But need to connect , code and calibrate camera assist. 

r4AAAgCNOeA-1920.jpg

Process is complex

pgAAAgCNOeA-1920.jpg

-wAAAgCNOeA-1920.jpg

That how  its looks like from inside now.

VIAAAgCNOeA-1920.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 26/09/2019 at 12:06, Shahoff said:

Retrofitting  TPMS :) as well. Just want to know exact pressure. 

JQAAAgCyIeA-1920.jpg

Hi. 

sorry if this has been covered before. But how do you retrofit TPMS? I have a KODIAQ L&K of October 2019 and this is something I would like to add as well. System only tells me if tire pressure is down. But would like to have TPMS. Thanks. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 25/01/2020 at 21:39, wdufour105 said:

Hi. 

sorry if this has been covered before. But how do you retrofit TPMS? I have a KODIAQ L&K of October 2019 and this is something I would like to add as well. System only tells me if tire pressure is down. But would like to have TPMS. Thanks. 

This are exact parts on the photo + cables. A bit of VCDS coding require as well.

On 13/02/2020 at 11:24, johnka said:

Hi, congratulations on your great work.

I am very interested about the acc retrofit. Could you please tell us what were the steps and parts required to make it work? Any information about would be great!

Thanks

Stalk, underneath cover and somebody with ODIS and access to the VW/Skoda database and SWAP codes.

• 1 month later...

Retrofit Traffic Sign Recognition and maybe Lane assist:

Hi, I ordered my Karoq with the option of Traffic Sign Recognition but Skoda forgot to install it. They reimbursed me but now I'm without and since I travel a lot I would like to know if it can be retrofitted. My dealer has never done and doesn't want to do it. 

Can anyone assist here?

17 minutes ago, Dietcokelight68 said:

Hi, I ordered my Karoq with the option of Traffic Sign Recognition but Skoda forgot to install it. They reimbursed me but now I'm without and since I travel a lot I would like to know if it can be retrofitted. My dealer has never done and doesn't want to do it. 

Can anyone assist here?

you need to find a VCDS cable  , and come back when you do that

Edited by Tezaman

26 minutes ago, Dietcokelight68 said:

Can anyone assist here?

only if you have the A5 camera in the windscreen

• 4 weeks later...