New or improved hubs announced, Government EV Loans in Scotland and free & no longer free public charging places..

Ootohere

What happens if someone plug in at 7pm and unplug at 9pm, price change at 8pm. assuming 7 kW throughout the period, would they pay half at expensive rate and half at cheap rate? At home it works this way because smart meters.

But if it's the charger working this out, it may not work. Podpoint, for example (until 6 months ago, not sure if this changed recently), only logs plugging-in time and their app calculates home charging cost based on plug-in time. Sufficient to say it's as useful as a chocolate teapot.

• Like 1

I would expect to be paying the tariff for the time i am getting the energy.

I did speak to a hybrid driver that was on a tethered AC in Dundee on the side of a Raid and got fined £10 for overstaying as the charger shows as a Rapid even though he was only getting 3.6 kWh and had a 12 kWh battery. 

That is a Dundee Council accounts error and CPS told him not their problem or error. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

For 3 years i have tried whenever at the Hospital in Forfar to charge on the one post that is on the CPS app / network.

Marked as 22kw but only actually 7kW.

That is the post to the right with the yellow e-208 on it for 4 hours now.  That is a NHS car.  The public charger does say *3 hours max charge time.*

The other chargers are NHS cars and they need their own cards. 

The NHS cars just sit plugged in for 'Long Time Mister' and many must be fully charged and just left there for who ever, whenever.

So earlier today side B that the yellow car is on was available and for the first time my card worked and the App showed it available and i got a charge.

That's it though, tonight just A was available and actually it showed i was plugged in and charging OK but i not no charging with 4 attempts. 

There are plenty of NHS cars and visitors and others that could do with Public Charging but this is what they provide and many others report A on the one public post as not working.

No idea why there is no turbine or solar here.  There is a Battery Storage scheme applied for less than 1 mile away but lots of local objections. 

Also a few solar farm application in the area and non yet approved.     EDIT, by luck got on the public charger.  4 NHS cars have been there plugging in an no longer charging all weekend.  Fair enough but not when other NHS then plug in using the public posts.  

(they will never be out and drive anything like for 150 miles or 4 hours before again getting parked up, plugged in and battery full again.)

DSCN2789.JPG

Screenshot 2023-05-07 at 19.40.12.jpg

DSCN2793.JPG

Edited by toot

This is quite a tariff for Shetland where so much electricity can be generated by renewables generation.

Someone at the Councils department for press releases or media are out of date over Charge Place Scotland.

There is not a £20 annual membership fee. That was dropped.

There is an option of buying a card for £10 and it has been so for near 2 years. 

Screenshot 2023-05-11 08.24.11.png

Edited by toot

Clackmannanshire Council looking at a proposal with crazy tariffs. 

& a £5 minimum spend.

7 or 22 kW @ 48 pence a kWh & 50 kW 69 pence a kWh.

http://alloaadvertiser.com/news/23521695.fees-use-ev-charging-points-considered-clacks

Angus Council is still 23 pence a kWh for 3.6 / 7, 11, 22 or 50 kW charging and no time limit. Not likely to last.

Just now i am getting 3.5 miles a kWh and 13 kW for 46 miles is costing me £3.

• 4 weeks later...

Exactly what more of are needed in Scotland.

On the A96 at Blackburn just north of Aberdeen Airport.

Next to a Starbucks & a Fish & Chips place.

2 100-350 kW Chargers, 70 pence a kWh.               

There are CPS chargers in Inverurie & Oldmeldrum but busy or out of order ones They are 47 pence a kWh but that hardly matters if you can not get a charge.

& there are train stations, super markets, Farm Shops & Activity centres with 7kW charger. 

Screenshot 2023-06-15 20.25.12.jpg

Screenshot 2023-06-15 20.26.32.jpg

Screenshot 2023-06-15 20.26.10 (1).jpg

DSCN2945.JPG

Edited by toot
  • Like 2

On 15/06/2023 at 20:38, toot said:

Exactly what more of are needed in Scotland.

On the A96 at Blackburn just north of Aberdeen Airport.

Next to a Starbucks & a Fish & Chips place.

2 100-350 kW Chargers, 70 pence a kWh.               

There are CPS chargers in Inverurie & Oldmeldrum but busy or out of order ones They are 47 pence a kWh but that hardly matters if you can not get a charge.

& there are train stations, super markets, Farm Shops & Activity centres with 7kW charger. 

Screenshot 2023-06-15 20.25.12.jpg

Screenshot 2023-06-15 20.26.32.jpg

Screenshot 2023-06-15 20.26.10 (1).jpg

DSCN2945.JPG

Good but why out the two chargers in adjacent bay so limit the number of cars that can charge to two rather than 3 or 4 ??

@lol-lolYes, thankfully there are those just charging and getting moving.

There are customers complaining on ZapMap & PlugShare that they are paying 70 pence a kWh and getting slow speeds.

I got 100 kW starting from 40 % and it stayed fast to 85%.  I was happy, and the times i have been there this week @ Starbucks & not charging there has only been the odd car coming in past and charging.

Lots of EV drivers pulling in for coffee top ups but not charging.

But then the Oil & Gas businesses very near have chargers for employees and visitors.

PS

My pal was annoyed that i might put them on social media and people might sus they are there, local facilities for local people, is their thinking.

As i pointed out they are Aberdonians and might drive Porsche, Tesla, Audi, Mercs & Jags but they have long pockets and short arms.

Screenshot 2023-06-17 12.57.14 (1).jpg

Edited by toot

• 2 weeks later...

Edinburgh City Council charging tariffs.

This includes the Park & Rides & @ Edinburgh / Ingliston Park & Ride @ the Airport.

At least it is now 1 hour max charging on Rapids rather than the 30 minutes it was when 35 pence a kWh.

Screenshot 2023-07-03 06.42.34 (1).jpg

• Like 1

1. Car batteries are getting bigger, or more bigger battery cars are on the road. 

2. 50 kW rapid chargers are no longer cutting it. What to do..... spend 0 money on improvements, just allow people to stay for longer. 

3. ???? 

4. problem solved? 

2 hours ago, toot said:

Edinburgh City Council charging tariffs.

This includes the Park & Rides & @ Edinburgh / Ingliston Park & Ride @ the Airport.

At least it is now 1 hour max charging on Rapids rather than the 30 minutes it was when 35 pence a kWh.

Screenshot 2023-07-03 06.42.34 (1).jpg

Again, so pleased I have a Zoe which can charge at 22 kw AC.  Other cars that can charge at 22 kw AC, a Maybach, not much else other than Renaults, "Chameleon charging".

# Car AC charge power
1. Lightyear 0 22 kW
1. Lotus Eletre Eletre R 22 kW
1. Lotus Eletre Eletre S 22 kW
1. Lotus Eletre 22 kW
1. Maserati GranTurismo Folgore 22 kW
1. Maserati Grecale Folgore 22 kW
1. Mercedes-Benz EQS SUV Maybach 680 22 kW
1. Mercedes-Benz EQT 200 22 kW
1. Pininfarina Battista 22 kW
1. Polestar 4 Long Range Dual Motor 22 kW
1. Polestar 4 Long Range Single Motor 22 kW
1. Renault Twingo E-Tech Electric R80 22 kW
1. Renault Zoe R135 22 kW
1. Renault Zoe R110 22 kW
1. Rimac Nevera 1408 kW 22 kW
1. Smart #1 Brabus 22 kW
1. Zeekr 001 Performance AWD 22 kW
1. Zeekr 001 Long Range RWD 22 kW
1. Zeekr 001 Privilege AWD 22 kW
1. Zeekr X Privilege AWD 22 kW

@lol-lolI am charging at Edinburgh Airport now on a 7kW charger just going to 98%>.  There are only 2 posts with 22kW AC chargers and no guarantee they are working. Loads of 7 kW are out of order and as for the 6 Rapids the chance of getting on the Tethered AC on the side is hit or miss because of the way people park in bays, abuse the chargers by staying locked in when not charging.   Having 11kW AC on the next car will suit my needs at times.  Small battery.  3 hours max. Or use an AC while waiting for a rapid.   Ps.  There is Tesla superchargers near but then the drivers are not going to get to abandon the car for many many hours at them. So the plug in here, set the timer and block the bay and no penalty charge. 

Edited by toot
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Dundee to get a sooper dooper charging hub.  (Near to the Skoda / SEAT dealership.)

'Scotland's most powerful'.

http://fleetworld.co.uk/scotlands-most-powerful-ev-charging-hub-confirmed-for-dundee

http://thecourier.co.uk/fp/business-environment/transport/4549624/most-powerful-electric-vehicle-chargers-dundee

http://reblade.co.uk

Edited by toot

There was an issue this morning with CPS Website down. also account issues.

That will be just a 2 year anniversary reminder of SWARCO taking over, even though they had the contract with the last contractor to run things. (BP)

Just a reminder how they talk it all up while still performing very very badly and being paid lots to do so.  That is maybe a scandal for the future / accounts.

http://chargeplacescotland.org/guidance/charge-point-faults-who-does-what    

Maybe good bye eventually to a load of bad rubbish as far as it goes with Charge Place Scotland & SWARCO. 

That does not mean things will get better, but there is hope & as it is the cost of charging is going up for EV drivers and public charging.

It is a crime the millions that the Scottish Government have allowed to go to the chosen few from the public purse of many.  That is true of many modes of transport in Scotland though.

http://autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/chargeplace-scotland-be-brought-under-private-ownership

http://nationalworld.com/lifestyle/cars/is-chargeplace-scotland-being-scrapped-charging-network-set-to-be-broken-up-in-hunt-for-private-funding-4154476

Edited by toot

• 1 month later...

Wigtown, Newton Stewart, Stranraer are pretty good for charging.   Wigtown has a car park for EV,s with a rapid and fast chargers and is EV,s only.    The cost of charging is getting quite high though.   I met a few people with cars charging or looking for chargers.  The common thing seems not them being in the area for Wigtown being Book Town or the 'South West coastal 300' but the Military Aviation Heritage Trail. 

August Tariff changes.

Dundee time limits. 

Screenshot 2023-08-15 11.13.35 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-08-15 11.14.21 PM.png

Edited by toot

help  - I'm an EV ignoramiss looking for info.

It's looking likely I'll be keeping my car long-term but just had a 'tyre-kicker' few hours yesterday afternoon to see if there's anything out there that could replace my Kodiaq. I've come across a deal on a XC60 plug-in recharge hybrid thingy that's supposed to return 48miles on battery ( so I'm guessing 40miles real world ).

Anyway, trying to work out how much those 40 miles will cost. Not sure going to the expense of a wall charger is worth it for such a small battery so it'll be domestic 3 pin plug. But looking away from home, the zip map thing says 'free' for most chargers in my area but reading above posts chargeScotland isn't free. The nearest non ChargeScotland branded charger is some BP thingy which says 59p per kwh.

So if I were to use that as an example - The car has an 18.8kw battery and charges at 3.5kwh  ( it's an Arnold Clark spec sheet so could be wrong. They've managed to get the car's colour wrong - it's silver, not blue! )

Would I be right in saying that from a depleted battery, for my 40 real-world EV miles, it'll take just over 5hr to charge the battery and cost ( 18.8 x 59p )  £11.09 at that BP outlet 🤪   Surely not,

Edited by kodiaqsportline

Just off the A96 north of Aberdeen Airport.  Blackburn beside Starbucks and a very good chippy.

'era,s only charger hub.'

http://era-supercharge.com

Evyve Charger @ Dyce.    They have 4 hubs in Scotland.

http://evyve.co.uk

2 new charger hub locations in Aberdeen and not far apart.

either side of the Haudagain Roundabout.

MGF @ the Esso filling station has been waiting since January 2023 to get energised by the people that do such things.

(There is a MGF BP hub at the filling station @ North Esplanade West, Aberdeen, AB11 5RN)

The Allego one down near the excellent Chippy & i know nothing about as just spotted it, but no doubt a high tariff but just what Ultra Rapid charging EV,s requires.

Muggiemoss Road.   It shows as coming soon on PlugShare.

http://allego.eu

Screenshot 2023-08-26 18.16.44.png

Screenshot 2023-08-26 18.17.28.png

Edited by toot

Clepington Road Dundee Charging hub.

& Extension for more council vehicles and others. 

Bottom pics outside the old Michelin Factory, where the 2 wind turbines are, & CPS HQ / Swarco, Inovation Parc etc.

Near Claypots junction and north of Broughty Ferry, in Douglas.

Where they wanted to build a Magabattery plant.

DSCN3536.JPG

DSCN3517.JPG

DSCN3519.JPG

DSCN3535.JPG

DSCN3522.JPG

DSCN3524.JPG

DSCN3529.JPG

DSCN3530.JPG

DSCN3509.JPG

DSCN3512.JPG

DSCN3514.JPG

• Like 1