Climate change

@Lee

And I'm still asking if " And one could tell by how he walked
He'd drunk more than his share " - could be you.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

So jet setting Greta has landed in Madrid after speaking in New York a few months ago has become TIME magazines Person of the Year. Good for her at least when I get on a flight to Kenya in April (8,500 miles) and Dominican Republic in June (8,500 miles) and recently Goa, India in November (9,800 miles) I'm not claiming that I'm trying to reduce world climate emissions. Perhaps she should just stay at home and make video messages on her phone instead. Hypocrite springs to mind as she claimed to have been all over the world aged 16 years young. I had not left the UK until being taken on holiday to Tenerife when I was 15 by my parents.:thumbdown:

• Haha 1

Only 650 MP's to be elected in the UK yet there are thousands of candidates driving and train riding about, then all their followers, then the party 'Big Beasts' and their crowd including journalists hitting it about all around the country.

The carbon emissions of this fiasco seems to not be of concern other than the odd electric bus being used.

It is like everything else about reducing pollution, it is for others to do.

Edited by Roottootemoot

Aviemore is in a valley.

More than a dusting around the Cairgorms, and the Ski season should be underway. They are ready to open centres because they have had the Snow Factories producing snow to get tows and runs open for this weekend and the holidays.

Edited by Roottootemoot

Lee- you missed all the hot air generated by the EU /Forests cut down to creat theit mountain of paper regulations.

12 hours ago, VWD said:

Lee- you missed all the hot air generated by the EU /Forests cut down to creat theit mountain of paper regulations.

Eurlex produces PDFs.  Readers choice to print.

• 2 weeks later...

^^^ Only if in the next 3 months there is no winter weather where you drive.

You might have a day or 3 while you are away on holiday and they would be a waste.

Mark Carney has a nice new gig as a Envoy to the UK on Climate Change and Finance.

He will be getting plenty air miles in with the rest of the UN so adding to climate change and his finances.

So basically just the usual.   It is a mild winter so far.

In Scotland in the past 10 days there has been a record overnight temp of 16.8*oC, and elsewhere in Scotland -7*oC in the past 10 days overnight.

Jan, Feb & March being when there is likely to be snow, maybe even lambing snow into April.

• 2 weeks later...

Air quality in Melbourne, Australia officially measured at the worst of any City anywhere in the World. This is not some 3rd World struggling country yet Top Tennis players can't breathe on court without an oxygen tank strapped to their back. Just to back this up with some hard hitting facts these are recent particle measurement comparisons. 

London rush hour 161 PM2.5

Delhi                         571 PM2.5

Melbourne               909 PM2.5

Edited by shyVRS245
extra info

9 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Yeah but what causes bush fires? Heat, drought and strong winds which are all climate issues not man made.:thinking:

So you don't accept the premise that humans have contributed to the CO2 levels and in doing so have affected the climate?

2 hours ago, moley said:

Germany to phase out it's coal fired power stations by.......... 2038 at a cost of €40bn. 🤔 

2038 is an 'at the latest' target so they could shut down before that ;) What sort of figure for compensation is appropriate in your opinion?

2 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

That should please Lee only 18 more years of pollution.

2038 at the latest and a significant cut in coal production by 2022 so emissions from coal will start to be reduced even further after then :)