vRS rear calliper - alternatives to expensive green nonsense

A little help please.

Just found the n/s rear calliper leaking and know from past experience that the green calipers are stupid expensive. I couldn't care less about the colour and just want it fixed quick and cheap, which normal ones fit ?

Would the ones in the attached image fit ?

Thanks in advance.

PS, tried search but didn't get what I expected via tablet.

Screenshot_2019-04-28-20-26-58-253.jpeg

On 28/04/2019 at 20:36, sepulchrave said:

I think Fabias with rear discs all use the same calipers.

Correct. I still don't know why new vRS calipers can be double the price where the only difference is green paint. I buy silver ones and paint them myself using this stuff. https://www.paragonpaints.co.uk/Pantone-348C.html, plus a coat of primer for rear as they're aluminium. I buy calipers from a local motor factors, they seam cheaper than ECP.

Edited by Jim H

If you plan ahead and get them off eBay they are far cheaper. OE price is about £120 per side if you you throw the car at a garage and get them to fix it.

Green/Red pairs can be had for £100. Bare metal ones for <£60 a pair.

I PM you. Hycote Ford Modena green is a good match in my honest opinion. Out of interest the Rover java green looks just like the 

Ford Signal green, which is too light.

The modena green is darker and matches the green in the alloy center hub covers.

Personally, if I were to start again I would go red, Ferrari Rosso Red. 

Rattle cans rule. I used to apply with brush, but drying time is extended and the paint runs anflounce dried it flakes more easily. 

Hope this helps.

Edited by bmbmdmb

As mentioned above, I buy reconditioned silver ones (sorry can't remember make or price) like this.

1zezexw.jpg

Give them a coat of Primer, then paint them with This Stuff

2enq4oh.jpg

2u8ko3n.jpg

And once dried it looks like this

ndx8xe.jpg

If you do search on here you'll find Pantone 348 is the correct match for Skoda Mint (mintz) Green calipers.  Paint was approx £35 for Primer and Green (including P&P), I've done all 4 calipers several times and still have loads left.

• Like 2

Thanks for everyone's help and suggestions, I got it sorted. However, I've now got a CEL for an EGR fault and it was refused MOT as the tailgate wouldn't open (crash damage from January). Even with the new calliper the brakes feel like they're made of wood and I think the servo pump is failing. They cost more than the car is worth so if it fails the MOT again on Weds it's getting scrapped.

Cleaning egr is worth a go? Cant be any worse than current MOT failure. Theres a few guides on here how to clean.

Also re-boot, is it due to the damage that it wont open or is it just sticking and therefore cant open when pressing the button?

Apparently theres an emergency release as can be found discussed in the following thread:

Cant help with brakes / servo issue..bit beyond me that one.

Good luck!