correct tyre pressure?

Can anyone tell me correct tyre pressure for 225/40 R18 Y (92) please? (PSi)

Can't seem to understand fuel flap instructions. Thank you.

Let's go through it, I have a 4x4 with the 125 kW engine fitted with 225/40 R18 tyres so I would choose the bottom row. Then as I am running a normal load, move along to the first car image with three people.

In that block, the first vertical row is for the front tyres, the next row along is for the rear tyres so in my case for the size of tyres fitted to my car I would inflate the fronts to 2.2 bar and the rears to 2.3 bar. In Psi that would be front 31.9 psi and rear 33.3 psi. If I was running full load I would move to the next car image with lots of people and bags and again on the bottom row for my car would be 2.6 bar in the front and 3.1 bar in the rear, or front 37.7 psi and rear 45 psi.

Your tyre placard may be different to mine but the principle will be the same

26B8DC4E-8E1C-473C-893F-1DF53EDF0960.jpeg

DE432DC1-6A9E-4BCE-8CFA-21BF63B6C50A.jpeg

E32EB1BA-7D78-4C77-8FFF-16389BFC3BCF.jpeg

Edited by 3T1704X4
  • Like 3

It depends on the tyre as well I have found. Certain tyres have softer sidewalls (PS4, GYF1A3) and need a few more PSI to counteract the sidewall folding under cornering.  

I usually run my PS4s at 35psi nominal and 38 in the rear when loaded up. 

I get even wear with that across the tyre

• Like 1

2 hours ago, williamshatnerspants said:

My experience shows that 38psi front and rear gives more even tyre wear on our car (compared to the suggested pressure). It'll be different for everyone so feel free to experiment within the ranges given here.

Out of interest we should probably state tyre brand and name and size 

Mine for clarity is 225/40/18

• Like 1

2 hours ago, williamshatnerspants said:

My experience shows that 38psi front and rear gives more even tyre wear on our car (compared to the suggested pressure). It'll be different for everyone so feel free to experiment within the ranges given here.

225/40/18 Hankook S1 Noble2 92W (otherwise known as the H452)

• Like 1