Impressive MPG...

... if the data is to be believed.

I was quite surprised to see the Skoda Connect portal showing 60.1MPG for a recent trip to Northampton.

Not bad for a 4wd, 7-seater automatic (DSG) bus loaded with goodies.

The car has now done just shy of 15,000 miles and the consumption does seem to get better as the engine loosens up.

image.png

• Like 2

It's showing consumption rather than economy (high consumption is low mpg).  Makes sense for all the other countries, who express consumption in litres per hundred km.

21 hours ago, DaveMiller said:

It's showing consumption rather than economy (high consumption is low mpg).  Makes sense for all the other countries, who express consumption in litres per hundred km.

so why is Kenny Rs the opposite to me? 

@AndyMorris Hi Andy, it’s Jason - hope you are keeping well.

Theres something wrong with your App as the column should go up with better consumption not down!

Looks like the graph is showing l/100km but it definitely shows mpg in the bubble.

I tried the settings on my App and couldn’t reproduce it. It may be worth playing round with the settings or possibly even reloading the App.

I’m still averaging 38mpg at the pump, 2.0 TSI 190 4x4

hope you get it sorted.

J

2CD37088-B30B-413B-86D0-542494F24D25.png

Edited by Greenliner1

As per the fuelly app, it’s done from entering brim to brim quantity, mileage cost. 

I agree the dashboard is always optimistic.

6F218439-EEE5-404F-80A0-44574B2F8090.png

Edited by Greenliner1

The calculated average based on brim-to-brim figures was 44.7 MPG for the last tankful. That is mix of long and short journeys and is in line with the reported long-term consumption in the app of 45.6 MPG over the last 3,216 miles.

3 hours ago, Garyman said:

New owner here with dsg but we are getting no where near these mpg, but we do a lot of short/ town driving.

Last checked, it's about 29mpg

....consumption does improve over about 5K miles and as you hint at, short journeys will not be as economical.

3 hours ago, Garyman said:

New owner here with dsg but we are getting no where near these mpg, but we do a lot of short/ town driving.

Last checked, it's about 29mpg

Short/town driving will do that.

You can be assured that most/all really good consumption claims are set in conducive driving environments.

• Like 1

On 03/06/2019 at 18:11, MartinFinlayson said:

... if the data is to be believed.

I was quite surprised to see the Skoda Connect portal showing 60.1MPG for a recent trip to Northampton.

Not bad for a 4wd, 7-seater automatic (DSG) bus loaded with goodies.

The car has now done just shy of 15,000 miles and the consumption does seem to get better as the engine loosens up.

image.png

<shakes head>

here we go.....

On 16/06/2019 at 18:27, SkodaVRS1963 said:

<shakes head>

here we go.....

Happy with the attached. Pretty much the same on the way back from the airport too.

It does bring things back with a bump on the town economy!

6D89F2A6-EC50-4E8B-A0C1-BFE379AFD2CB.png

Not specific to the Kodiaq, but my best mpg's were always due to a particular "zoned out" relaxed style of driving, under low to moderate traffic conditions.

I actually found it moderately difficult to better or even replicate these "zoned out" mpg figures when I was trying. 

But they were not pertinient to "real world" driving.

marcusthehat

• Like 1

3 hours ago, marcusthehat said:

Not specific to the Kodiaq, but my best mpg's were always due to a particular "zoned out" relaxed style of driving, under low to moderate traffic conditions.

I actually found it moderately difficult to better or even replicate these "zoned out" mpg figures when I was trying. 

But they were not pertinient to "real world" driving.

marcusthehat

It is a bit like when you allow extra time for a journey, the journey time is always less than you expect. Set off a minute or two late and it seems everything conspires to make you lose even more time.

My wife does not drive with much consideration for economy but one time I got in our car after she had completed a cross-town 40km round trip on a usually heavily congested and traffic light infested route. When I turned the key it displayed a remarkable  journey average of 4.8L/100 (58.9 mpg), even allowing for some display optimism. Other than a few more green lights than usual she was a bit perplexed how she had managed such a good result in our 1.4tsi Octavia.

I can understand how a diesel Kodiaq can give good consumption if driven sympathetically at slower traffic speeds but I think it may be more difficult to achieve at higher speeds with its 'bluff' shape compared to say a Superb

Edited by Gerrycan
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

I don’t usually pay much attention to the dash readings for fuel consumption, but today I ran the tank low just to maximise the spend with a TESCO 10p discount voucher. Was very surprised to fill 59.9 litres in my 60 litre tank.

Just shy of 500 miles on this tank full.

And dash gave me 41.9 mpg over 1,000+ miles. I can live with that.

Car really likes the warmer weather. My long term brim-to-brim consumption over 24K Miles is 38.3 mpg. 

5E42959D-D550-4403-94FA-13152C3A55C5.jpeg

• Thanks 1