Just a couple of things guys.

1: Has any one experienced the radio just turning its self totally of when your driving down the road at all?

2: Ive got a road hawk dash cam. Tried it the other day in the car when the radio was on and receving dab radio stations. Kept loosing the signal. Done the same route yesterday with out said camera on and got the dab stations all way the way to where I was working.

Any one got any idears and or thoughts on the above at all?

It’s not unusual to have the radios do weird things, try a soft reset by holding the power button until it goes off and comes back on again. The radio signal with the dashcam will likely be because you need an interference suppressor fitted to the wiring. That should solve the problem.

Not had it turn off but my Columbus MIB1 touch screen used to freeze and do strange things in freezing temperatures. 

I had mine randomly go off and wouldn't respond to changing radio stations and volume. Even a soft reset didn't seem to fix it but leaving the car for a few hours did.

Quite possible your dashcam has the wires too close to the aerial/wires etc

18 hours ago, Stuart-h said:

1: Has any one experienced the radio just turning its self totally of when your driving down the road at all?

2: Ive got a road hawk dash cam. Tried it the other day in the car when the radio was on and receving dab radio stations. Kept loosing the signal. Done the same route yesterday with out said camera on and got the dab stations all way the way to where I was working.

yes ive been tinkering and i cant turn my radio off at all anymore, it just goes off with the ignition. I woke up at 3am last week white the radio on and at almost full volume

..."christine!" :devil:

On 07/06/2019 at 07:21, logiclee said:

Not had it turn off but my Columbus MIB1 touch screen used to freeze and do strange things in freezing temperatures. 

I read an article when I first got mine about being able to adjust something (I thought on HU) to prevent this (as mine had done this a few times).  Can't for the life of me work out where or what it was but if memory serves me right it was for colder climate cars / maybe it reduced the sensitivity. I'm sure I did it and never had that problem again even when we hit -10.  I've tried googling it but nothing comes up ... sorry!

My unit has crashed about 4 times and I've had to reset it (that's in 50k mileage)

On 07/06/2019 at 10:34, Stuart-h said:

Strange! Only had the car since the end of March. Havent got the cold weather yet!

Is that because it's new or second hand but new to you.

I ask because, on my car, which was brand new in November, around March it developed an issue where the entire infotainment system would keep crashing and rebooting onto the Skoda splash screen. The dealer tried software updates to no avail and eventually replaced the entire infotainment system under warranty.

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/06/2019 at 21:10, SashaGrace said:

It’s not unusual to have the radios do weird things, try a soft reset by holding the power button until it goes off and comes back on again. The radio signal with the dashcam will likely be because you need an interference suppressor fitted to the wiring. That should solve the problem.

Any one know where I can lay my hands on a suppressor at all? Mine's not hardwired into the car.

On 06/06/2019 at 18:10, Stuart-h said:

Mine used to switch off. Freeze and now bust so have had to get new control unit!

Cheers Chris. I’m tempted to get the dealer to have a look when the car is in for it’s service. 

On 22/06/2019 at 22:02, Stuart-h said:

Cheers Chris. I’m tempted to get the dealer to have a look when the car is in for it’s service. 

You might as well as ask them to plait snot!

On 06/06/2019 at 18:10, Stuart-h said:

yes mine was doing it turned out to be a loose connection