Buying Octavia from stock.

I have been looking at Octavias under Skodas Just for June offer. There is a 2.0tsi available but it's build date is September 2018. Will this be OK or is there anything I should be wary of.

Has a dealer actually told you that you can factory order a Mk 3 for September delivery. The impression is that offers relate now to stock cars .......

I was wondering if anyone had experience of getting a stock car thats 10 months old. I suspect that it has been sitting in a storage compound all this time, just a bit concerned as to what the brakes/engine will be like having been unused for that long. Any advice appreciated.

15 minutes ago, Sweephand said:

September 2018 build date would be a stock car :)

Ah yes sorry!  I'd assumed the query related to speccing options and a factory order.........

At the right price I would have it, it's unlikely to have suffered unless it was in a salty atmosphere, but perishables, like the tyres, are already a year old.  But that seems fairly standard nowadays, I've bought vans, caravans, motorbikes that have stood (new) in compounds or dealers, not had any problems yet, touchwood, and my camper & motorbikes stand idle for nearly 6 months of the year.....

It will be First Registered in June 2019. Entered UK September 2018. The promotion running is for an additional £1000 off on top of current promotions. Works out around 25% off. Also getting good valuation for current car.

Is it the 190PS (in SEL or L&K) or is it a vRS ?

if it's a vRS is it the older 230PS "standard", or the newer 245PS "standard" - I have forgotten when the switchover happened.

I recently moved from a vRS to a Golf GTI.  March 2018 registered, but picked up by me in May 2019 with 24 miles on the clock.  Recently detailed for me and the detailer commented positively on its condition (i.e. it hadn't been sat in a muddy puddle for the last year).

I'm delighted with it.

Gaz

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, V6TDI said:

I recently moved from a vRS to a Golf GTI.  March 2018 registered, but picked up by me in May 2019 with 24 miles on the clock.  Recently detailed for me and the detailer commented positively on its condition (i.e. it hadn't been sat in a muddy puddle for the last year).

I'm delighted with it.

Gaz

Do you not have to leave the forum in shame now? Be cast over some rock?

52 minutes ago, Otto_Octavius said:

Do you not have to leave the forum in shame now? Be cast over some rock?

I'm apparently allowed to stay because of the genetic similarities.  Honest 😁

G

• Like 1