Remapping

Im think about getting my car remapped. What maps are people using?

Mines the 2 liter diesel (150bhp I think) with the dsg gearbox. 
Im not after something to daft though!

Back in 2014 I took my 63 reg Octavia SE 2.0TDi to AmD in Grays, Essex for a remap and was delighted with the result. On their rolling road as standard it produced 147bhp and 246lb/ft of torque. They fitted a Jetex Air Filter and remapped the ECU to give 186bhp and 317lb/ft. Driving the 128 miles there I got 71mpg on the maxidot and return journey after the remap got 70mpg. With the extra power top speed rises from the standard car's 135mph to 150mph making it slightly quicker than the Vrs diesel. You can have the DSG box recalibrated for sharper changes (my car was a manual) but that will cost extra. Think they charge £500 which you can pay interest free over 12 months, hence 10% deposit £50 followed by £37.49 per month. Had no problems with any remap they have done on several vehicles I have owned and therefore recommend them highly.:thumbup:

I’d be very interested to hear about your remap experience with the 150 DSG (if you do it), as I have one of those motors now. I had a less than ideal attempt to remap my old tdi vRS with a bluefin but I am now interested in a tuning box for my new car. I like the idea of a quick plug and play upgrade, which would be easily reversible. But I do know some swear that remapping with a rolling road run is the only way to go.

all interesting options, I love that there is so much choice for spicing up Octys.

what ever you choose I’d say go for it. Life’s too short to drive a boring car!

E.

Plenty of reputable companies and everyone has an opinion but I had had good results from both big fish tuning and shark performance (Ben from shark now at racingline but still selling/writing the shark maps. Also heard excellent reports from dark side developments.  

46 minutes ago, Excision said:

I’d be very interested to hear about your remap experience with the 150 DSG (if you do it), as I have one of those motors now. I had a less than ideal attempt to remap my old tdi vRS with a bluefin but I am now interested in a tuning box for my new car. I like the idea of a quick plug and play upgrade, which would be easily reversible. But I do know some swear that remapping with a rolling road run is the only way to go.

all interesting options, I love that there is so much choice for spicing up Octys.

what ever you choose I’d say go for it. Life’s too short to drive a boring car!

E.

My favourite T shirt reads "You Only Live Once".:blush

• Like 1

Hi,

I had a remapping done on my 2.0 TDI 150 DSG. The remapping was oriented to reduce the consumption of the car.

Finally I got :

150 + 20 hp

320 + 50 Nm

Diesel reduced between 10 and 15 % i.e. -0.5 L / 100km.

It is now more flexible and you feel the added torque. It is very pleasant to drive. Range is increased by roughly 100 km. I also pollute a bit less while driving.

Regarding the cost I paid 395 € and it took 1h30 to do the job.

Dare I ask, would it not be wiser to just swap the car for the vRS TDI?

Surely you'll then getting a better spec car and one that's running at the lower end of its potential rather than maxing out a lower spec one?

Plus you'll then have the better suspension, brakes etc.

Just seems a bit counter intuitive if they do one off the shelf and it's a better package.

Sure, you have a good point.

if I would have found a vRS in my price range I would have considered it ! I bought mine as a second-hand.

I did the remap for fuel economy mostly as I have a 120 km commute per day, the extra power and torque were side-effects, nice ones but side-effects.

If the aim is economy it makes more sense to me, although I'd still question if it's worth it...  It's depreciating returns on an already economical diesel and possibly outweighed by the cost of doing it and the resultant insurance hike for modding the car.

If it's performance based I'd personally just get the better base car otherwise it'll just be the first thing on the list of mods to just get it to a standard the same as others came from the factory as.

However, each to their own...

@DAN@ADRIAN FLUX I'm about to buy a Mk1 Octavia VRS estate. I think you may have called the other day to quote me a competitive price following my online enquiry but it was out of hours. I'm a previous AF customer from my MX5 days. Just joined here so unable to personal message at the moment. Best way to contact you for a quote?

On 29/07/2019 at 16:17, vRSWitter said:

I had my 2.0 TDi remapped at https://www.cornemotors.co.uk not had it dyno'ed but you can feel the xtra power for sure.

Revo authorised dealer and top blokes. Paid £439. Couldn't be happier.

And as for mpg on my daily commute after remap, same as before, if not better (this is mainly A roads and M-way with roadworks so limited to 50!)

IMG_20190801_100152215.thumb.jpg.15f0f5aa1d5f2c7852649e63a74a2c23.jpg

Edited by vRSWitter
  • Like 2

@DAN@ADRIAN FLUX Hi Dan, just got through doing a quote with Adrian Flux. Unfortunately could only get me to £538! No where near the £296 I indicated as best price on the online quotation form for AF! Never mind, cheers for the help though Dan!

• Haha 1

AF were over double my renewal cost too..  something like £570 compared to £245 with 9 years NCB.  I don't understand as my other car is with them and £185 with no NCB....  

On 21/07/2019 at 16:13, Stuart-h said:

The only one I would consider is Superchips Bluefin. No brainer really. Put in and take out whenever you like. Professionalism and support second to none. About £430. Power gain maps will be online. Used them many times without any issues whatsoever. No warning lights and perfect better than original running.  

• Sponsor
On ‎02‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 21:19, Roottootemoot said:

@DAN@ADRIAN FLUX   Are you a person at AF called Dan that posts the same sort of post on various forums and has done for years or is it just used by different people?

Hi again,

Yes it is me Dan here at Adrian Flux.  One of my roles here at Flux is to engage with owners club members' and assist with quotes and general insurance matters. 

Regards,

Dan

• Thanks 1

• 10 months later...
On 29/07/2019 at 20:40, DAN@ADRIAN FLUX said:

Hi.

If anyone needs any help with insurance at all for a re-map, chip or tuning box then please feel free to drop me a line,

Regards,

Dan.

Hello Dan

I have been thinking of remapping my 2016 skoda octavia scout 150 bhp manual gearbox as be looking in near future buying a caravan and i also work as a volunteer for 4x4 response so lower end torque be useful. Do you also do discount for IAM/Blue light qulified drivers too.

Regards Alex 

On 21/07/2019 at 16:13, Stuart-h said:

@Stuart-h the absolute kings of VAG diesel tuning are Darkside Developments in Barnsley, they have a really good on-site dyno of their own.

• Like 1