Used 272 L&K within pence of Sportline+ what gives?

1 hour ago, VelocityVinnie said:

[...] i don't know if its a 280, although it does state 4x4 on the back, there is no other way of telling what engines in it.

[...]

Of course there is!

The 280 / 272 is the only engine which proudly show a double stainless steel Exhaust at each corner of its rear bumper... 😎 

All other engines hide theirs...

skoda-estate-280-915_0.jpg?itok=tmqKKRTk

You can't be fooled! 😁

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ColinD said:

@VelocityVinnie we may bump into each other, although I hope not literally, that would be a travesty.

The red one up at doncaster, yes tempted, not deposited that one though. 

There is a black estate non-dcc one in Bury ( sharing my intel now as I can't find it online )

A few L&K' estates too all lurking in that 28k 31k window.

I only need an octavia estate, so in the superb a hatch is enough and I slightly prefer it to the estate. There are more about mind, I also had the last superb in hatch and did like it... the back seat is big enough for the dog. ( that's a whole new topic, heck maybe even forum, given it will cost more than the car ;) )

The 4x4 badge on the boot is tricky as a lot of the diesel line carry them too.  Including my mates 150d 4x4 ;)

I've been trying to do a deal with bickertons/rainworths but they only have one estate in, it has dcc and that's the lot...  Spent a large part of the afternoon trying to decide if I want dcc. Sufficiently wasted enough time for the dealership to close. Concluded that I can live without it, what I don;t know and all that... if it was a golf R or something more... sensitively put, sevelt or dainty, then maybe.  Predictable outcomes I think is the phrase. I think I want to swap the wheels for some 17/18's anyway. I managed fine on an octavia mkI 4x4 :D once the roll stops you know it's going to turn.

Onh in the end, I had said no to them... despite a substantial off last minute, deal... went for a quick pootle and realised I think I meant yes. Will have to see if I still mean yes by the morning :D

Decisions take me a while, despite my malleable putty like behavior in the presence of car salesmen.

When i was looking there was only 3 estates in the country in the Skoda network, my Black, the Red one in Donny (which i looked at) and a silver one way down south.

I need an estate for work, but i would have defo gone for a Hatch over the barge if work aloud.

Saying that the Barge still looks sleek, its not boxy looking.

Had loads of nice glances and comments about it, since collecting.

1 minute ago, Bap33 said:

Of course there is!

The 280 / 272 is the only engine which proudly show a double stainless steel Exhaust at each corner of its rear bumper... 😎 

You can't be fooled! 😁

Yes, but at a passing glance, its hard to tell

It's the perfect sleeper. When one sees the exhaust, it's too late :)

an estate 280 is rare but the ultimate rare one is an SE-L 280. Don't think there is even one listed on auto trader now. I tested one in Newbury Skoda but chose a sportline in the end. Whoever bought that now owns a most unassuming fast-ish car. 

12 hours ago, Bap33 said:

Of course there is!

You can't be fooled! 😁

Yes but dont forget ! It's actually a quad exhaust😉

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Nick_H said:

Yes but dont forget ! It's actually a quad exhaust😉

Interesting, I didn't know about that! Thanks!

• Like 1

On 29/07/2019 at 00:17, KeteCantek said:

It's the perfect sleeper. When one sees the exhaust, it's too late :)

an estate 280 is rare but the ultimate rare one is an SE-L 280. Don't think there is even one listed on auto trader now. I tested one in Newbury Skoda but chose a sportline in the end. Whoever bought that now owns a most unassuming fast-ish car. 

Some may call me biased, but the SEL is very very discreet 😉

16 hours ago, penguin17 said:

With butterfly valves...well for some of us 😎

Ooh controversial!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Administrators

There are a couple of SEL 272's on autotrader at the moment. 

I'm having a moment of panic as a canton, winter pack, rCam estate <1k 190 d passed over my desk for 26k. 26k is lso the price of a Nov18 272 I'm looking at, well looking at it's 180miles away.

Or I can just put it all to sleep for a month 😞

I quite like the current model lineup and not too sure on the facelift. When lined up next to a pug508, I kind of prefer the pug :). The only 'new' bit I like are the LED lights. The chrome strip on the rear of the volvo styled boot, meh.

That and dealer demos won't be that well spec'd due to the VED 40k impact. Although the base includes cover what I need :D Any ex-demos over 40k to me equals a 1500 hike in prices from today.

22 minutes ago, ColinD said:

There are a couple of SEL 272's on autotrader at the moment. 

I'm having a moment of panic as a canton, winter pack, rCam estate <1k 190 d passed over my desk for 26k. 26k is lso the price of a Nov18 272 I'm looking at, well looking at it's 180miles away.

Or I can just put it all to sleep for a month 😞

I quite like the current model lineup and not too sure on the facelift. When lined up next to a pug508, I kind of prefer the pug :). The only 'new' bit I like are the LED lights. The chrome strip on the rear of the volvo styled boot, meh.

That and dealer demos won't be that well spec'd due to the VED 40k impact. Although the base includes cover what I need :D Any ex-demos over 40k to me equals a 1500 hike in prices from today.

Nooo don't go diesel. You know you want the 280/272 :)

• Confused 1

• Administrators

I did chuckle when I said the range of a tesla ain't that great, oh 350+... that's about the same a s 272 right ;)

If you don't hear from me again it's because SWMBO has had enough of hearing about it ;)

The diesel angel and petrol devil are roughly equally balanced at the moment.  When all said and done, both get you to point B. 

The fun driving is all 200+ miles away for me now. Either can handle most A roads in the UK at staggeringly easy point generating speeds in 3rd, let alone 7th.

I can't remember being so conflicted in a very very long time.  

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, BriskodaJeff said:

Already covered Colin. Buy the 280, then when you hate it, you can swap it for my TDI...:biggrin:

It's liking it I'm afraid of :) 

Thing is one likes either. What's wobbled me is I have two friends both national sales/execs, both do insane mileage, well at least 50k. Both are swapping to petrol.

Mainly for the ulez which wipes the diesel cost out. I don't do that distance, nor go into cities that often.

Then bloody brexit, the insurance co's are moving now on rate hikes for overseas cars; so all of them. The pound sliding... November might be a very good month to buy, or swap ;)

Edited by ColinD
  • Haha 1

@ColinD my 280 does 400miles a tank easily. On a long journey, I can get 500miles out of it. No Tesla is close. 

I'd also say diesel is the devil and petrol the angel. And yes, good roads or not, the 280 will be more fun than 190. Don't forget the refinement benefits too. Unless you like the diesel clatter....

• Like 2

On 30/07/2019 at 08:07, ColinD said:

If you don't hear from me again it's because SWMBO has had enough of hearing about it ;)

I'm fearing the worst.... :D 

• Administrators

I'm still here... although about to become lost to post-it note hell.

Still not found something comparable with dcc... figured there was no point trying a golf r with dcc.

Going to try a dealer diesel L&K tomorrow, given I've tried a non dcc sportline diesel, its th only comparable test I can think of, although not not on the same roads.

Good news anyway a few folk have been putting the prices up!   The worlds gone mad :D