MY20 vRS New Specs?

4 hours ago, MrRee said:

Interesting, thanks for that. 

The DCC is an option I have listed, you think it's worth £880?

I've ordered it for two reasons;

It is standard on Leon Cupras and I thought the settings were well judged...good comfort in normal and nicely firmer in sport without being too harsh...I'm assuming and hoping the Skoda settings are similar!

Also,all the reports you read on the vRS say that without DCC the ride is too harsh,especially with 19" wheels

Whether it's worth £88 or £880 is another matter!

My car is obviously sans DCC (2017 230) but it sits on 19" wheels and I must admit all the warnings of harsh rides seem to have been all rather exaggerated.

I wouldn't say it feels any more harsh than my old Mk2.5 felt on 18" wheels.

I find my Mk3 on 19s more compliant than my Mk2 was on 18s, lot of fuss over nothing imo. 

Wouldn't surprise me if there was some manufacturer 'encouragement' to upsell DCC to customers through apparently independent reviews. 

6 minutes ago, Kenai said:

I find my Mk3 on 19s more compliant than my Mk2 was on 18s, lot of fuss over nothing imo. 

Wouldn't surprise me if there was some manufacturer 'encouragement' to upsell DCC to customers through apparently independent reviews. 

That's your opinion,but my experience of DCC on my Leon Cupra says it's worthwhile,otherwise I wouldn't have bothered.

It can vary a lot from car to car,two examples:

On my Ibiza (2016)estate 1.4 150tsi (to be replaced shortly with the vRS Estate) I ordered adjustable dampers but wish I'd not bothered...press the button and sport setting pops up on the display,it stiffens the dampers and weights up the steering BUT the difference is minimal so I would say not worthwhile.

...and again,I had a BMW M140i and both settings were poor because the damping and springs were mismatched in either setting.

So the VAG system is good on a Leon and I've heard good reports of it on Golfs.I'll let you know how good it is on the vRS in due course,but I won't make final judgements on something I've not tried.

….by the way of a third example,it's great on the current Civic type R,and I speak from 2000 miles of driving one of those.

Right, curved ball here, I'm ordering the towbar to be put on at the factory, am I right to assume the coding will be done? And will DCC enhance our diminish the towing ability? 

1 hour ago, *JP* said:

That's your opinion,but my experience of DCC on my Leon Cupra says it's worthwhile,otherwise I wouldn't have bothered.

I don't disagree the DCC is a good system, having experienced it in the Leon Cupra too. 

I do disagree with general notion that the car needs DCC if you opt for 19s though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dotnetprogrammr said:

Quartz Grey actually so doesn't look too bad, but if it were Race Blue (as originally ordered) then I am not sure how I would feel about it.

Mine will be Race Blue so not too sure at all when I heard that was a MY20 change.

That said I have the black glass sunroof so it may flow better ... I'll wait and see, should be cheap to colour code.

58 minutes ago, Bugginbob said:

Mines an estate, wonder whether it will have a black spoiler when it turns up (prob in Oct)

As far as I know the black spoilers are only on the hatches,no change to the estate.

I'll know for certain in about 2 weeks when I get mine!

• Thanks 1

On 05/08/2019 at 13:54, MrRee said:

Right, curved ball here, I'm ordering the towbar to be put on at the factory, am I right to assume the coding will be done? And will DCC enhance our diminish the towing ability? 

Yep I do think the DCC is worth the money but, Mrs TMWNA likes a limo feel & that's what you get admittedly no where near as comfortable as the GIULIA quadrifoglio I've test drove but, pretty good for a value brand.

I have the factory fitted towbar also & nothing was been said about reduced towing ability.

I see you're in Hampshire, if you'd like to try mine we could arrange a meet up, sadly our local club meet was last week at the Meon Hut

Edited by themanwithnoaim

12 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Yep I do think the DCC is worth the money but, Mrs TMWNA likes a limo feel & that's what you get admittedly no where near as comfortable as the GIULIA quadrifoglio I've test drove but, pretty good for a value brand.

I have the factory fitted towbar also & nothing was been said about reduced towing ability.

I see you're in Hampshire, if you'd like to try mine we could arrange a meet up, sadly our local club meet was last week at the Meon Hut

Thanks for the kind offer.

I'm buying from a Dealer in Aldershot.

Do you have 18" wheels?

1 hour ago, MrRee said:

Thanks for the kind offer.

Do you have 18" wheels?

No 19" extremes, I had 18" that I put on the car a week after collecting it but by then, I'd had run the 19/'s & prefered them

20 hours ago, MrRee said:

Garland Skoda - my vRS was their sales managers demo car. I bought it through their sister Dealership at Winchester.

Black Spoiler really suits a Quartz Grey Car.

1 hour ago, MrRee said:

Winchester wanted a £145 Admin Fee!! Sorry, I don't engage in crap like that ..... oddly enough Garland nothing about an Admin. fee?

i found both their branches a bit odd to deal with so ended up buying from horsham who were much cheaper but a bit disorganised. Azur (Chichester) seemed like a nice bunch but were a couple of hundred quid more than Horsham.

I’d order another VRS tomorrow if Skoda had gotten rid of those horrible split-headlight clusters. I do miss the practicality of my old 2014 VRS Estate - but cannot tolerate the front-end. I do try to like/get-used to them, but it just isn’t happening for me. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Orville said:

I’d order another VRS tomorrow if Skoda had gotten rid of those horrible split-headlight clusters. I do miss the practicality of my old 2014 VRS Estate - but cannot tolerate the front-end. I do try to like/get-used to them, but it just isn’t happening for me. 

The MK4 will be a single headlight, but a vRS (if there is one) will be at least 18 months away.

The front end has grown on me - I saw a Race Blue hatch new and it's a cracking looking car IMO.

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, SurreyJohn said:

Are skoda uk at it again with errors and inaccuracies in their price lists? Why does the boggo 245 vrs hatch and challenge equivalent have differing co² and insurance groups? Challenge looking better for both here.