Mii - allowed?

FromTheDarkness

Ive Just bought Seat Mii, am I allowed here?

I think I picked up a great deal its the "sport" so 75bhp, only 8380 miles on the clock on a 62plate.

Only paid 3k, such a lot of car for the money.

Some issues:

Rattle when lift off clutch, if in first gear can notice when driving... will be checking the heat shield

PID- V1 Navigon, tells me to reset it.. I do but it loops back to telling me to reset it. Plugged it into laptop, downloaded software.. still the same.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, FromTheDarkness said:

Ive Just bought Seat Mii, am I allowed here?

I think I picked up a great deal its the "sport" so 75bhp, only 8380 miles on the clock on a 62plate.

Only paid 3k, such a lot of car for the money.

Some issues:

Rattle when lift off clutch, if in first gear can notice when driving... will be checking the heat shield

PID- V1 Navigon, tells me to reset it.. I do but it loops back to telling me to reset it. Plugged it into laptop, downloaded software.. still the same.

Welcome, you're the chap I was speaking to on Facebook about the Navigon, Adam? I'm stumped on how to resolve your issues, maybe leave on charge for a full day? 

As for the rattle, as you mentioned, the exhaust heat shield is common for coming away due to the clips sometimes failing, if it's not that, it's probably normal, these engines can be a little rattly as there's not much in the way of sound deadening

1 hour ago, Hyphons said:

Welcome, you're the chap I was speaking to on Facebook about the Navigon, Adam? I'm stumped on how to resolve your issues, maybe leave on charge for a full day? 

As for the rattle, as you mentioned, the exhaust heat shield is common for coming away due to the clips sometimes failing, if it's not that, it's probably normal, these engines can be a little rattly as there's not much in the way of sound deadening

Oh yes, it was you :)

Ive tried allsort with this thing.. It was on charge for 6 hours that should be it.

- It doesnt turn on with car 

- every time its turned on its says do a reset by pressing power and reset simultaneously

- Just loops back to the reset instruction

- I have managed for it to start a factory reset, it does the press the icon on the screen then tap to continue then loads the rest screen

It doesn't help that the software on my laptop will not connect, or that there is zero English support having tried to phone them.

In terms of the car I am convinced its not been washed ever! caked on green mold in places.. so next few days is big cleaning job, I will crack out the DA :P

Edited by FromTheDarkness

In terms of it not turning on with the car, make sure all the contacts are clean. Mine initially wouldn't contact the ecu but one of the contacts was filthy on the car.

More likely gearbox is sometimes a bit noisy. Engine isn't noisy but may shake quite a lot occasionally. Normal for 3 cyl engine. 

For the Navigon problems, have you tried changing the battery? I've got a Garmin, but I believe they use the same battery (please check that before buying!). I got myself one of these, but there are several to be had from the 'bay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Li-Polymer-Battery-for-Garmin-361-00051-02-Dezl-560LT-Dezl-560LMT-Dezl-560LMT/171919103074?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

I had to leave it on a phone charger for a long time once I'd fitted it, but after several stops/starts/downloads, it seems to have sorted itself out. Even though it's dated tech now, I like my Garmin; such a neat idea having a removable sat nav that fully integrates with the car.

Your Mii looks a nice car. What better car could you get for 3k? I have a Mii and a Citigo.

Your priority mods are a bootlace/bulldog clip arrangement for the rear parcel shelf, decent headlight bulbs and consider the second boot floor.

• 2 weeks later...