When did Skoda introduced adblue

Does anyone know when Skoda introduced adblue on the 2.0tdi engine? I woukd like to upgrade my 63 plate vrs to a newer one but dont fancy one with adblue as I just feel its more to go wrong. 

FWIW EU4 diesels need Eolys fluid which makes liquid gold look as cheap as water (£47+ per litre, my V50 needed 3 litres and could only be filled underneath the car, under pressure), EU5 diesels need Adblue which is more like another fuel additive, EU6 diesels require neither but all of them have DPFs which can/will cause injury to the wallet.

My V50 was an EU4 diesel and, to cut a long story short, cost me £1400+ to stop limp home mode and fix the emissions.  Even tho it was a very good low mileage car, owned from new, with no other issues, I had to bin it and bought my petrol Octavia.  Diesel? NEVER again.

46 minutes ago, Griffter said:

FWIW EU4 diesels need Eolys fluid which makes liquid gold look as cheap as water (£47+ per litre, my V50 needed 3 litres and could only be filled underneath the car, under pressure), EU5 diesels need Adblue which is more like another fuel additive, EU6 diesels require neither but all of them have DPFs which can/will cause injury to the wallet.

My V50 was an EU4 diesel and, to cut a long story short, cost me £1400+ to stop limp home mode and fix the emissions.  Even tho it was a very good low mileage car, owned from new, with no other issues, I had to bin it and bought my petrol Octavia.  Diesel? NEVER again.

What a lot of extra hassle.. these fluids/additives are of course never factored in the total cost of fuel right? ;)

Hated diesels since I first drove non turbo ones in the late 80s learning to drive - passed at 17 in 205 1.8 D! Driven plenty since but never ever owned one myself.

Recent drive in the 19 plated 2.0 Tdi Arteon 4motion rental in Germany last month told me yep still hate them :)

6 hours ago, Griffter said:

Its not worth very much actually because most of what you said has no relevance at all to the engines that VAG use.

Edited by SuperbTWM

1 hour ago, david 1220 said:

We have a 16 plate L&K superb it has adblu--top it up once a year at Chester services 71p a Ltr--go in the evening to avoid the h.g.v.s filling up---they have big tanks.....

It's not the cost of the adblue tjat puts me off it's just another thing to go wrong. 

2 hours ago, david 1220 said:

We have a 16 plate L&K superb it has adblu--top it up once a year at Chester services 71p a Ltr--go in the evening to avoid the h.g.v.s filling up---they have big tanks.....

You obviously don't do much mileage then? :o