Start up noise on 206kw sportline

1 minute ago, Jamesnz said:

I understand the first part is, but what about the z, z, z, z, noise afterwards??

The clicks sound like the Exhaust valves / flaps.

They open and close through the start up process also...

4 minutes ago, ope126 said:

Exhaust valves on top of the engine? That's where the noise is from. Does yours do it too?

7 minutes ago, ope126 said:

If it's the Exhaust valves, shouldn't it does it every time when I start up? This noise only happens for the first start of the day when the car has been sitting there over night.

Exhaust valves are not at the top of the engine, they are at the rear of the muffler (exhaust tips)...

Mate, if your unhappy with my reply.

I would you suggest you take it back to your friendly ŠKODA dealership for them to diagnose...

4 minutes ago, ope126 said:

Exhaust valves are not at the top of the engine, they are at the rear of the muffler (exhaust tips)...

I would you suggest you take it back to your friendly ŠKODA dealership for them to diagnose...

Sorry, It's not I am not happy with your reply. Just want to find out more, u know what dealer is going to say to me. It is all normal. Haha.

6 minutes ago, ope126 said:

The mechanics said something might be a vairator or a one way valve. Then that mechanic left. So the dealer is saying everything is normal now. That's why I am trying to find out a bit more. So the Exhaust valve is in the engine bay? I wouldn't ask if I did know. Thanks for your help.

13 minutes ago, ope126 said:

I just googled it. I see. That's where the Exhaust valve is. Do they mean to make this noise every time when u start the car?

Doesn't sound normal to me at all; the buzz saw type noises are very odd and mine defo doesn't do it and I can't see why any ICE would make that noise unless it was fuelled by angry bees (or had a fault).

Take it back to the dealer.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

Doesn't sound normal to me at all; the buzz saw type noises are very odd and mine defo doesn't do it and I can't see why any ICE would make that noise unless it was fuelled by angry bees (or had a fault).

Thanks. Mine didn't do it when I first got it. Then started like 4 or 5 months ago. Start with 3 buzz. Then 4 then 5. Not like 6 or more. They first said might be one way valve, then variator. Then they said its normal. But don't think they know. I will take it back to the dealer

• Like 1

6 hours ago, penguin17 said:

Agreed mine doesnt do it either. Well it makes the initial little noise but not the angry bee noises after ...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 03/09/2019 at 00:27, RedSportLine said:

hey james my car makes this exact same noise i just thought it was something normal ? only does it when i first start the car for the day.

Purchased demo with 3,xxx kms on the clock, let me know how everything goes if you take it to the dealer.

It's in the workshop now. They are saying replacing the oil pump. So just waiting to get the car back and see if the noise is gone or not. I will let u know.

9 hours ago, ZacDaMan72 said:

My Golf R makes that sound, but doesn't cut in and out. It just does that for 5 seconds before returning to normal. 

Same as this

Mine came from the top of the engine.

3 hours ago, ZacDaMan72 said:

Just because the camera is facing the back doesn’t mean the sound isn’t coming from the engine bay. Surely you don’t think I’m that thick?

No, I am saying its a little bit hard to hear yours as your exhaust is very loud (nice sound)

I will let u know if the noise is still there or not after I get my car back. So currently is replacing oil pump.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Nick_H said:

The initial noise or the buzzing ? She’s it still make the firs noise ?

The first noise is normal. Our GTI does that too. The buzzing noise is gone now.

• Like 1