Skoda Connect going into meltdown?

westie38

So, for some weird reason, I’m being bombarded with acknowledgements that a health report has been created successfully for my Karoq even though I hadn’t asked for one. I received four this morning, all at 01:33, but I’ve  been getting them every few days recently. Just wondered if anyone else is getting these reports? 

I usually ask for one about once per month or if I’m going on a reasonably long trip.

It's not just you! I have mine configured for monthly reports on my Octavia.  For the the last few months it has sent me three e-mails on the 1st; today, it sent four.  It also seems to auto-generate a report an e-mail after pretty much every trip - no matter how short.

Maybe, in reality, Skoda just have the one person working for them who’s multitasking - building engines, building cars, developing software etc etc. Never a good move multitasking, I’m usually crap at it!

• Haha 1

Škoda SW is so poor it is a shame.

For 0.00001% of Skoda yearly income just few kids from highschool would develop much better apps for sure.

But as no-one complains officially and publicly (complaining here is of no significance)  they can save even that negligible money for some management bonuses... And public complaining is nonstarter as none public media or car review magazine will publish any negative sentence as they are paid exactly by these brands and managers getting bonuses for producing such poor products.

Cheers!

I don't have the part of Skoda Connect that generates Health Reports but I can't access the Online Update section from my car or the route planner from my PC.  This comes after 6 weeks of trying to get the correct model of car to show up in the App.

What with 4 months of trying to get the the refund last year for no charging mat and not being able to access what I paid for this year, this looks like my last Skoda.  This one is the sixth but there's not likely to be a seventh.

The best thing you can do with Skoda Connect is to remove the App from your phone and forget all about it.

The renewal pricing at 12 months old should be good for a laugh though.

The App is fundamentally flawed.

Whilst you're at it, remove the SIM card from the glovebox too, and use Waze / Google Maps for navigation instead.

Job done.

Edited by silver1011

• 3 weeks later...

Jeez, this situation is going from bad to worse. After initially being bombarded with health reports I didn't ask for, during the past few weeks whenever I've asked for a health report via Skoda Connnect, I was greeted with a 'Oops something's gone wrong' message. So, after putting up with this for a while, I finally emailed Customer Service to ask what was going on. After an initial email from them acknowledging my email, I've just had a telephone conversation with Customer Service in Sheffield (I think) who tell me that there is an ongoing problem with Connect and they do not know when it will be resolved, although they are working on it ?

Fair enough - the whole lot is pants anyway, but God knows what they've done now, as when I tried to 'connect' to Connect there was a message saying I had been disconnected and I should see my local dealer to get it reconnected. (This was on both my iPhone and iPad).

I then logged out of the app completely, left it a while, and logged back in. However, all I can get out of the damm app is Vehicle Status (mileage, AdBlue status etc),  Doors & Lights, and Trip Statistics. All the other stuff I could get before has now gone!

How did they do that remotely - are Skoda affiliated to Area 51?

Meanwhile, as new models are coming out (Scala, Kamiq) they are trumpeting the arrival of Laura the Digital Assistant ffs, on the top of the range Amundsen infotainment units (I though Columbus was the 'top of the range'). It looks to me that the Skoda software developers only give a one-shot deal with their products - what you see is what you get, and don't ever bother for support or fixes afterwards..

Rant over, for now.

It's not just mine then!! For the last few days I have had a message saying "Unable to connect"  and "please insert your PIN".  I haven't found the PIN (and actually don't know where it would be or from if someone can help) and the message then says "Connection failed" but the live road maps and My Skoda  still work so very confused.

Do you think this resolve itself or can I just stop the message coming up?

Thanks

2 hours ago, Marchincus said:

It's not just mine then!! For the last few days I have had a message saying "Unable to connect"  and "please insert your PIN".  I haven't found the PIN (and actually don't know where it would be or from if someone can help) and the message then says "Connection failed" but the live road maps and My Skoda  still work so very confused.

Do you think this resolve itself or can I just stop the message coming up?

Thanks

If you have recently updated to ios13/ ios13.1 then you need to forget the cars Bluetooth the re pair your phone.

• Thanks 1

Thanks from me also Kenny R, I've just updated my iPhone to 13.1.1 and followed the instructions above. Everything back to normal now with respect to the Connect app and its contents. Not sure why the app was playing up as it did, but nothing surprises me with Connect. 

I can't believe you're all trying to persevere with it.

The increased blood pressure will be taking years off your life.

Edited by silver1011

Modern day world problem, will keep the therapists and psychiatrists busy for years to come.

I use my phone for making and recieving phone calls, thats all it does but I only need to charge it once a week no matter how many calls are made, I do also send texts from it.

I use the car for transporting myself, passengers and goods, I put the key in the ignition and if the engine starts and it drives then its doing what it says on the tin.

All vehicles have been capable of doing the above pretty much with 99.99% reliability for the last 25 years, everything else is just fluff and padding and above all capricious.

Its a funny old world where an established brand loses its customer base because they have problems with their mobile phones but then all the car adverts I see are concentrating on its so called intelligence and connectivity.

• Like 2

I have never been able to work out exactly what Skoda Connect is supposed to do - I've now had the Karoq for a year and Skoda invite me to pay a subscription for the 'service' that I have never used....... ha, ha, ha! That made I larff!

To be honest, I had been more concerned about the 1.5's determination to kill me ........ and now, following the software updates,  that I am more inclined to take a look at 'Connect' - it has expired so I'll never know what I missed.  🙄

7 hours ago, silver1011 said:

I can't believe you're all trying to persevere with it.

The increased blood pressure will be taking years off your life.

Ha, good point. In reality, it is a pile of horse manure, and certainly not worth a subscription. As a slight update to the situation, last week I received a phone call from Skoda Customer services to inform me that they (Skoda) were still working on it, and a revamped Connect was coming out in the next couple of weeks, with more features. This call coincided with four more unasked for confirmation texts saying my vehicle condition reports had been created successfully, which all came through simultaneously at 2 'o' clock in the morning!

• Like 1