Quick question about DTUK

It will be exactly the same. 

I changed my DSG 150ps TDI Octavia for an interim company car, which was a Passat CC with the same engine but manual. 

Rang DTUK and they said to just plug it straight in - no change required to maps. 

That’s not what DTUK told me or what they publish on the Mk3 vRS group. They advertise that you need to have the box reprogrammed as there are differences. This compounds the problem as advice around the internet is conflicting. Unless you are the original purchaser of the box there’s not much point ringing them as they can’t offer advice unless you are the one that bought it from them. I bought a used one from a vendor with a 2.0 TDi 184 DSG and it’s been great on my car.

Not dtuk but I have a bluespark from a superb tdi 150.  Worked a treat on my octi until I got it mapped.  If you dig into the car specs the superb has a slight raise in torque compared to the octi (340 vs 320 I think) was still fine though.  Maybe they need reprogramming to be 100%.  Maybe 99% if from another car.  I suspect that 1% will be refinement of the maps rather than function or safety related*.

*Pure speculation based on my limited experience.

In the end I just played it safe and when for a brand new unit from DTUK, should be arriving tomorrow 👍

Looking forward to getting it fitted, and have to say the customer service so far has been fantastic; got a phone call from Andrew to talk me through how it works.

Will report back how I get on later in the week!

I put one on my new vRS TDi a few years ago, worked really well for the first bit, a bit of hit and miss with setting it up as I found I had flat spots but got it to a point that worked for me, and definitely more power. Sadly I drove to the South of France that Summer and whether it was the heat or not it caused loads of problems when i hit the Alps.  Engine light on and limp mode, then fine for an hour then same again, managed to get to our destination and with nothing obviously wrong with the car tried again, same issues.  Ripped the box out and the car was fine no further issues.  I hope it was a one off but I will not be fitting boxes to my cars again.  Good luck though the extra power is a bit of fun.

I have got DTUK box for years now. Used to run it all the time (but rarely pushed the car and not until its completely warmed up). Personaly, I dont use it much (if any) these days simply because I dont have a need for more power and in the end, I consider this to shorthen the lifespan of at least several car components. Since I value my car I dont really have the need to use it much more. Maybe I could try some economy modes (I only used red mode) but I am not sure how much a difference could this make in fuel confumption since these are all generic boxes and not specifically tested on each individual car.