The 2019 Election - Done and Overwhelmingly Dusted!!

SkodaVRS1963

2 minutes ago, Roottootemoot said:

It takes a lot to be able to be on the go like that day in and day out, some might even need a little help to keep them going.

I wonder what he takes.

He has been like a duracell bunny for years now.

post-37101-012496000%201282133175.jpg

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

They got 318 with Mrs May in charge and I think you would agree Boris is more popular with the masses than Theresa ever was. 262 votes for Labour last time out so they only need to hold onto exiting seats and win another 64 for a majority.:D

SNP going to make some gains in Scotland mainly at the Tories expense.

9 minutes ago, Roottootemoot said:

They had 4 Lib Dem MP's in Scotland. Very interested in what happens with them this time.

I think the SNP will take back from all the other parties but there are more Tories than anyone else. The Libs might be safer than most.

7 minutes ago, Roottootemoot said:

They had 4 Lib Dem MP's in Scotland. Very interested in what happens with them this time.

The SNP currently have 32 seats in Scotland but what is interesting is if you wind the clock back to the 2010 General Election of the 59 seats available North of the border, 1 was Conservative, 6 SNP, 11 Lib Dem and 41 Labour. So in the last 10 years Labour have suffered the most as Nicola Sturgeon's party have gained seats and popularity.:o

Just now, shyVRS245 said:

The SNP currently have 32 seats in Scotland but what is interesting is if you wind the clock back to the 2010 General Election of the 59 seats available North of the border, 1 was Conservative, 6 SNP, 11 Lib Dem and 41 Labour. So in the last 10 years Labour have suffered the most as Nicola Sturgeon's party have gained seats and popularity.:o

You're right labour is a busted flush in Scotland. It's SNP or Tory for the most part.

Boris might not be all that well liked but Wee Nic has been getting shown up in the news lately as well.

Father of Rose Leslie (Game of Thrones), Sebastian Leslie (Tory Land Owner that was in debt & former Tory Councillor  who withheld his council tax.) of the Brexit party,

must think he is at his doctors.

"Can i move onto drugs?" "Where can i get some?"

10 hours ago, moley said:

Surprising choice for someone who wants to stop Brexit. The Lib Dems are the only party that have promised to stop Brexit. 

Tactical voting, innit. Lib Dems can't win in my constituency so using my vote wisely. To get the tories as few seats as possible and maybe a hung Parly ;) 

8 hours ago, CWARD said:

I can’t figure the logic either. Someone dead set against Brexit, stated it should be cancelled saying how bad it was for the economy. 

A party has consistently stated they would do just that at two GE so they vote for someone who has sat on the fence since even before the referendum. The same person who business worries about becoming leader for the damage he’d do to the economy more than Brexit. 

No logic at all other than he doesn’t like Boris

Rub a couple of brain cells together and you might just get there :) You're right, I can't stand Bozo. He's a proven liar, a proven racist, a mysogynist, an absent father to God knows how many kids, a proven coward and he isn't fit to govern. I'm not saying Corbyn is either but a hung Parly will force a few issues to the fore and all parties will have to work together. It's quite normal in other, more foreward thinking countries that don't use the antiquated and not fit for purpose FPTP system. 

6 hours ago, Skoda_newby said:

Not to mention Thornberry who also has been kept away from the media.

It's funny, but really sad at the same time. C'mon, are we really thinking of voting these in? They've been hidden away in the last weeks basically because the Labour party know they'd screw up any chances of winning. But then, it's OK to bring them back to run the Country? Does any of this scare us? It does me!

I've not seen or heard much from the Leader of the House of Commons Jacob Rees-Mogg or miniature Penfold impersonator and wannabe General Mark Francois either. Have you? Being kept well out of sight that pair. 

5 hours ago, Skoda_newby said:

Exactly.

Well, according to Lee, they're perfect for the job. God help us.

I can't recall ever advocating Dianne Abbott or Emily Thornberry. Are you just making things up now?

5 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

So if Lee has already cast his Postal vote from Germany he is supporting racism in Britain.:thumbdown:

I'm not using a postal vote so you got that wrong. Also, take a good look at the tory party for racism, Islamaphobia and anti-Semitism. Those in glass houses etc. (Awaits CWard with his usual 'ah but the EHRC etc etc') 

5 hours ago, CWARD said:

You could always ask why they're perfect for the job but i wouldn't hold your breath for an answer

Sorry but sometimes you might get an answer from me that you don't like. Such is life.

4 hours ago, CWARD said:

You would need to ask Lee for his opinion like he does when asking a question. Then when you answer he says, well that's just your opinion. 

More likely that a Guardian quote would be the response to use Google 🙄

My oh my you little scamps have been busy today haven't you? And I get accused of trolling. Get in the bin  :D 

8 minutes ago, Lee_Esq said:

Tactical voting, innit. Lib Dems can't win in my constituency so using my vote wisely. To get the tories as few seats as possible and maybe a hung Parly ;) 

Rub a couple of brain cells together and you might just get there :) You're right, I can't stand Bozo. He's a proven liar, a proven racist, a mysogynist, an absent father to God knows how many kids, a proven coward and he isn't fit to govern. I'm not saying Corbyn is either but a hung Parly will force a few issues to the fore and all parties will have to work together. It's quite normal in other, more foreward thinking countries that don't use the antiquated and not fit for purpose FPTP system. 

I've not seen or heard much from the Leader of the House of Commons Jacob Rees-Mogg or miniature Penfold impersonator and wannabe General Mark Francois either. Have you? Being kept well out of sight that pair. 

I can't recall ever advocating Dianne Abbott or Emily Thornberry. Are you just making things up now?

I'm not using a postal vote so you got that wrong. Also, take a good look at the tory party for racism, Islamaphobia and anti-Semitism. Those in glass houses etc. (Awaits CWard with his usual 'ah but the EHRC etc etc') 

Sorry but sometimes you might get an answer from me that you don't like. Such is life.

My oh my you little scamps have been busy today haven't you? And I get accused of trolling. Get in the bin  :D 

You actually think that a hung Parliament will sort issues out? You're the one with a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Skoda_newby said:

You actually think that a hung Parliament will sort issues out? You're the one with a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

I didn't expect you to understand the concept of collaboration. :) 

The BBC's Laura Kuenssberg might be in hot water.

There has been criticism of the BBC's politics editor Laura Kuenssberg after she revealed information about how postal voters may have cast their vote prior to the results being revealed tomorrow.

Postal votes are not counted until every other vote is - after 10pm on the day of the election - however Kuenssberg said she has been told it is "looking pretty grim for Labour in lots of parts of the country".

She said she has received tips from people who were present as a number of postal votes were verified, a process which party members are allowed to attend though efforts are made over discretion.

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/concerns-raised-as-laura-kuenssberg-reveals-insight-into-how-postal-votes-are-stacking-up-1-6420389

Just wondering who the scamp comment was aimed at as there are 2 meanings according to Collins English Dictionary. Informal meaning is a person, especially a child, who is mischievous in a likeable or amusing way. Second is West Indian origin and means a wicked or worthless person (a rogue). Wonder which meaning Lee was inferring?:sweat:

44 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Just wondering who the scamp comment was aimed at as there are 2 meanings according to Collins English Dictionary. Informal meaning is a person, especially a child, who is mischievous in a likeable or amusing way. Second is West Indian origin and means a wicked or worthless person (a rogue). Wonder which meaning Lee was inferring?:sweat:

I wasn't aware of the second definition until you posted it. But you can take your pick as to which applies to you :) 

Johnson's eleventh-hour blunder
http%3A%2F%2Fim.ft-static.com%2Fcontent%2Fimages%2F263e637c-4363-11e6-b22f-79eb4891c97d.img?source=email-platform&width=66&height=66 By James Blitz
December 11, 2019

It is abundantly clear that ordinary people do not trust either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn to tell the truth

Is Boris Johnson’s lack of empathy towards Jack Williment-Barr going to cost him a majority tomorrow? As the Conservatives’ poll lead over Labour appears to narrow, some pollsters are wondering whether the prime minister’s apparent heartlessness over the case of a four-year-old boy lying in Leeds General hospital is losing him votes.

To recap: the Conservatives have had a pretty consistent 10 point lead over Labour for much of the campaign. But YouGov’s MRP poll on Tuesday night has suggested that this is starting to tighten.

Two weeks ago, the YouGov MRP poll gave the Tories an 11 point lead over Labour which translated into a Commons majority for the Tories of 68.

Tuesday’s MRP poll shows that is now down to a nine-point lead that would give Mr Johnson a majority of 28.

Marcus Roberts, director of international projects at YouGov, tells me that if the lead narrows by one more percentage point nationally, that would bring the Tory majority down to about 16. If it narrows by two percentage points nationally, that would bring the Tories down to a majority of around four.

Why is this lead narrowing? Mr Roberts says two factors will have helped to contribute to the MRP result. “First we are seeing extreme efficiency in tactical voting that is working against the Tories. Voters who don’t want Brexit are working things out for themselves and self sorting.”

The second reason is the case of Williment-Barr. On Monday, Mr Johnson refused to look at a photo of the boy who had been forced to lie on a pile of coats in a Leeds hospital because of a lack of beds. The image served to highlight the state of the NHS, one of the few areas on which Labour is seen as somewhat more trusted than the Conservatives.

Most of the MRP survey was done before the NHS story broke. But Mr Roberts says: “Boris Johnson’s actions here have done him no favours when it comes to the need to reassure Labour voters in northern marginals to back the Conservatives. Boris was on a mission to reassure Labour voters that it was OK to vote Tory. They may be reluctant to do so when seeing what they feel is his apparent heartlessness.”

This has certainly been a bad end to the campaign for Mr Johnson. Not only did he blunder over the boy in Leeds General. He also faced a broadside on TV on Tuesday night from the father of Jack Merritt, who was murdered in the London Bridge terrorist attack last month. He directly criticised the prime minister for treating his son’s death as a political “opportunity”.

The election result seems to be close. If we have a hung parliament on Friday, Mr Johnson’s actions over Williment-Barr and Merritt could be judged crucial.

6 hours ago, Aspman said:

Chlorinated Chicken is a dog whistle topic which is why I put it in.

You've pointed out that there is a longer more credible answer to the question. But the answer given, as always is = Get Brexit done.

The issue is it stays in the chicken, doesn't kill many bugs typical in chicken, and farmers avoid good hygiene methods and rely on the chlorination process. 

Chlorine kills almost all bugs in salad, and is washed off again. 

14 minutes ago, gadgetman said:

The issue is it stays in the chicken, doesn't kill many bugs typical in chicken, and farmers avoid good hygiene methods and rely on the chlorination process. 

Chlorine kills almost all bugs in salad, and is washed off again. 

Have you ever swam at a swimming pool? If so, I've got some bad news for you....

Guest BigJase88

Lets get brexit done Briskoda 👍🏻

Vote conservative tomorrow

then we can ditch that thread forever as well

Edited by BigJase88

10 minutes ago, BigJase88 said:

Lets get brexit done Briskoda 👍🏻

Vote conservative tomorrow

then we can ditch that thread forever as well

Or you can move on to the next couple of years of discussing how the trade negotiations with the EU and US are going, followed by more parliamentary strife when they try to prevent us from dropping back to WTO rules. 

Anyone thinking that any election result marks the end of arguments about Brexit is totally deluding themselves. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dr Zoidberg said:

Or you can move on to the next couple of years of discussing how the trade negotiations with the EU and US are going, followed by more parliamentary strife when they try to prevent us from dropping back to WTO rules. 

Anyone thinking that any election result marks the end of arguments about Brexit is totally deluding themselves. 

Vote Labour and sit back and watch your bank account empty as each month you wonder why there is not enough in there to cover all your costs. Oh I remember now it's because you will be paying more tax to pay for those who chose not to work and are comfortable with enough benefits not to get out of bed at 5am like some of us who pay into the system without expecting anything in return until the day we retire. Simply clever.;)