The 2019 Election - Done and Overwhelmingly Dusted!!

SkodaVRS1963

2 hours ago, Lee_Esq said:

All those tories moaning about Corby being a 'commie'. I wonder how many of them realise exactly who's behind the tory party manifesto?

Corby is a town in Northamptonshire. Corbyn is a Marxist. Laurel and Hardy write the Tory manifesto. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, moley said:

Corby is a town in Northamptonshire. Corbyn is a Marxist. Laurel and Hardy write the Tory manifesto. 

Edit- Corby is a town in Northamptonshire ,with a large ex pat Scot contingent, having moved from the steel town in the Scottish Lowlands. Having been lured down there with what turned out to be false hopes, I'd suggest that the party responsible should consider Corby as anti that party as they might be to SNP, as Holyrood shows no ideas of how to get them back up north and into productive employment. But then in the SNP line, ex steel makers are not really in line for the SNP view of a tourist ,non fishing Scotland   .

GMAC- you question my kith & kin. My Great grandad, was a native of Thurso. I've often sat at his knee as a child and heard tales of how his family suffered in th Highland clearances. So unless you've got more evidence , please find a salt herring to stick in gob. Old Harry, sailed his little open  boat ( I've no idea whether i was round  the northern cape , or via the Caledonian canal ) and founded Mallaig AS A FISHING PORT. A few years ago, Aberdeen came second to Mallaig.

Edited by VWD
  • Confused 2

Interesting to see Arron Banks Twitter has been hacked and his messages released. 

Seems he's in with a Julia Hartley Brewer, Guido......

With this and the Russian report, it makes the election interesting if they stick with it being about brexit 

Edited by gadgetman

10 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

ITV debate tonight between the next PM and the other bloke who would really, really, really like to be PM. Unlike the Pop Band Girls Not Allowed.:kiss:

It's Boris debate and poll lead to lose. 

Boris isn't good in debates, especially when pressed on  'details'. 

Boris is only good at slogans and shouting over others. If he's prevented from doing either he will suffer 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, gadgetman said:

It's Boris debate and poll lead to lose. 

Boris isn't good in debates, especially when pressed on  'details'. 

Boris is only good at slogans and shouting over others. If he's prevented from doing either he will suffer 

Looks like he's already going to pull out of the next scheduled debate on Sky News (IIRC) on Friday and leave it to some junior to stand in for him.
He's a coward. He shirks responsibility from work, from marriage and his four (or five) children.
Looks like they've dismantled the set for The Cube and reassembled it for tonight's debate

EJwNYmUWkAIOmPT.jpg

Debate bingo card 

EJvi7-OW4AAN_ds.jpg

• Haha 1

Welcome to the Conservative party election campaign. I have been a political reporter for almost three decades and have never encountered a senior British politician who lies and fabricates so regularly, so shamelessly and so systematically as Boris Johnson. Or gets away with his deceit with such ease.

Peter Oborne used to work for The Daily Telegraph
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/nov/18/boris-johnson-lying-media?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Breaking News ferry bound for Felixstowe forced to return to Netherlands with 25 migrants found in the back of a refrigerated trailer. Thankfully they are all alive but wondering what is happening at these EU Ports when it appears basic checks are not being carried out. Don't they have any sniffer dogs on duty?:thumbdown:

22 hours ago, VWD said:

Edit- Corby is a town in Northamptonshire ,with a large ex pat Scot contingent, having moved from the steel town in the Scottish Lowlands. Having been lured down there with what turned out to be false hopes, I'd suggest that the party responsible should consider Corby as anti that party as they might be to SNP, as Holyrood shows no ideas of how to get them back up north and into productive employment. But then in the SNP line, ex steel makers are not really in line for the SNP view of a tourist ,non fishing Scotland   .

GMAC- you question my kith & kin. My Great grandad, was a native of Thurso. I've often sat at his knee as a child and heard tales of how his family suffered in th Highland clearances. So unless you've got more evidence , please find a salt herring to stick in gob. Old Harry, sailed his little open  boat ( I've no idea whether i was round  the northern cape , or via the Caledonian canal ) and founded Mallaig AS A FISHING PORT. A few years ago, Aberdeen came second to Mallaig.

I wasn't aware I was questioning anyone's kin matey chum. WTF are you on about? All I said was "he probably thinks all Scots are SNP". If you are irrational enough to twist that around to be some form of attack on your family heritage then perhaps you shouldn't involve yourself in social media. 

Also I made no comment what so ever on fishing.

It's BS like this that gets these threads closed. 

Edited by Gmac983
  • Like 1

Sifting through the Green's Manifesto which requires an extra Government borrowing level of £90 billion per year for the next decade. The Tories are currently borrowing £50 billion per year so this would increase to £140 billion under the Greens and all diesel/petrol cars would be banned by 2030. Sounds impossible to me.:nod:

Edited by shyVRS245
wrong word

38 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Breaking News ferry bound for Felixstowe forced to return to Netherlands with 25 migrants found in the back of a refrigerated trailer. Thankfully they are all alive but wondering what is happening at these EU Ports when it appears basic checks are not being carried out. Don't they have any sniffer dogs on duty?:thumbdown:

But this is how Boris wants UK/NI/ROI to be. No checks 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, gadgetman said:

No checks at the moment.

1 hour ago, gadgetman said:

Didn't realise the UK is currently exporting human traffic in the back of trailers to the EU unless you have some proof? You Gov snap poll after tonight's debate saw Boris edge it with 51% and Jeremy 49%. Must have been Leave/Remain voters asked.:)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Didn't realise the UK is currently exporting human traffic in the back of trailers to the EU unless you have some proof? You Gov snap poll after tonight's debate saw Boris edge it with 51% and Jeremy 49%. Must have been Leave/Remain voters asked.:)

I didn't bother watching tonight's debate, but I'm looking forward to the Labour manifesto on Thursday, Over the last couple of days McDonnell has been telling us that he is going to tax the ar$e out of big business and the rich, while putting workers onto the boards of companies and everyone on 32 hours. Will the manifesto reveal Labours tax plans on wealth, inheritance etc. How much power will they give to the unions? Should I get the denims, flares and platform boots out again?:thinking:

Alan Fisher (white mac) of Nupe, and David Basnett (centre) of the GMWU head a mass march to Parliament during the 1978-79 ‘winter of discontent’.

Alan Fisher (white mac) of Nupe, and David Basnett (centre) of the GMWU head a mass march to parliament during the 1978-79 ‘winter of discontent

2 hours ago, Gmac983 said:

I wasn't aware I was questioning anyone's kin matey chum. WTF are you on about? All I said was "he probably thinks all Scots are SNP". If you are irrational enough to twist that around to be some form of attack on your family heritage then perhaps you shouldn't involve yourself in social media. 

Also I made no comment what so ever on fishing.

It's BS like this that gets these threads closed. 

1- I ,in my younger days was a staunch SNP supporter, for a Scotland free and independent from Westminster. These days I'm not sure if I'd vote SNP with the political system in place up north. as SNP seems to be a vote to keep UK in th EU.As for fishing, look at how fishing communities voted in the referendum. Large swathes of the East Coast and west coast fishing communities voted leave. And thir opinion was ignored in the SNP rush to try and suck up to the EU.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, VWD said:

I ,in my younger days was a staunch SNP supporter, for a Scotland free and independent from Westminster. These days I'm not sure if I'd vote SNP with the political system in place up north. as SNP seems to be a vote to keep UK in th EU.As for fishing, look at how fishing communities voted in the referendum. Large swathes of the East Coast and west coast fishing communities voted leave. And thir opinion was ignored in the SNP rush to try and suck up to the EU.

I'm well aware of the majority scottish fishing industrys quite rightly so leave vote (I even know one or two of them) one of the few groups who had a fair and reasonable argument for leave.

Has any government or political party ever listened to what the fishing industries needs are? Farming is much them same. As neither industry has masses of election winning voters to hand or indeed are fashionable industries for a political party to jump in support of, they are not interested. Only difference was farmers were remain voters (in the main). 

I am confused by your continuing tirade including myself in your posts when I made no negative comments against you what so ever. Or indeed have argued or disagreed with you at any point so far. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roottootemoot said:

@VWD

There were people / fishers / farmers / people from any background that votes leave.

As to large swathes, that is not true.  The large swathes went for remain as a majority.

Screenshot 2019-11-20 at 07.45.22.png

Screenshot 2019-11-20 at 07.45.52.png

I don't know where you get the phrase 'large swathes' from. If you tally ALL the remain votes from the Highlands, Aberdeenshire, Scotland and NI, it amounts to 2,248,651. For England alone, that compares to 15,188,406 votes to leave.

Exactly, nail on the head, on this OT from the General Election.

The best chance for the UK seems to be that none of the Leaders of the UK's main political parties standing in the General Election get voted in as a MP.

Boris, Jeremy, Jo, Arlene all out on their ar5es.   Sorry no idea who the leaders are in Wales.

Edited by Roottootemoot