Superb iV

Has anyone any information when the PHEV Superb is going to be available to order? I am interested as my son is having my current 67 plate Superb 2.0 SEL DSG Petrol in January.  Been so pleased with this car but In think the Hybrid will suit me even better.

Last I read it was a case of them appearing in showrooms in September but ordering will be in October.

The real question will be how long you would have to wait for one once you have ordered.... 

• 3 months later...

In future it might be a huge expense a possible repair price of electric drive + DSG DQ400E gear. According to ETKA (see att), att only complete unit can be ordered and costs more than 10.000,- EUR (w/o TAX). So if there will be a need to replace the clutches, who knows how Skoda will take care this...

Consider the same unit has been on the market for more than 5 years in Passat GTE, Golf,...

To be honest, I am gonna order iV too once I get the answer how to deal with issues in future without paying 10k EUR. 

DQ400W.JPG

Following an article in Auto Express (issue 1605) yesterday I thought I would share some of the highlights.

Prices start from £31,970 for the SE and the pick of the range is probably the SEL at £34,755. There are also Sportline and L & K versions available but no S model.

It uses the 1.4litre 4 cylinder from the Passat GTE to deliver 215bhp and 400nm of torque to give a maximum speed of 139mph and 0-60mph of 7.7seconds.

It uses a 6 speed DSG box and average economy is 188MPG with co2 of just 35g/km so from April 2020 it will qualify for 10% BiK company car tax rates.

Charging takes 3.5 hours from a 3.6kw Wallbox giving an electric only range of 34 miles.

In conclusion the magazine summed it up by saying "We've long loved the Superb, and this plug-in variant could be our family car of choice. On cold, wet roads the car showed excellent composure while the intelligent drivetrain is capable of remarkable fuel economy, should you have the means to charge it regularly. The fact that no rival can offer the Superb's blend of space and practicality only bolsters this car's incredible value for money.:thumbup:

• 4 weeks later...

Now available to order

https://www.skoda.co.uk/discover/electric-superb

Hatch from £31,970  

Estate from £33,250

But on PCP only get a £2250 deposit contribution (instead of £2750 on Superb)

Edited by SurreyJohn
added PCP note

I just saw a BookFace advert from our local dealer group:

At first i thought the 3k was their contribution, now I'm thinking it's the buyer's part

Screenshot_20200107-215545.png

Edited by Wet Kipper

That is a typesetting error which is in all their adverts from yesterday (they put out 1 for every model)

someone challenged them on that, and it's the metallic paint AND the 2 services which has a combined value of 754

the 2 final bullet points should be on the same line

• Thanks 1

On 08/12/2019 at 20:02, Dare said:

In future it might be a huge expense a possible repair price of electric drive + DSG DQ400E gear. According to ETKA (see att), att only complete unit can be ordered and costs more than 10.000,- EUR (w/o TAX). So if there will be a need to replace the clutches, who knows how Skoda will take care this...

Consider the same unit has been on the market for more than 5 years in Passat GTE, Golf,...

To be honest, I am gonna order iV too once I get the answer how to deal with issues in future without paying 10k EUR. 

Can the vw leccy system move the car independent of the gearbox? An advantage of having the electric hybrid drive in some cars mean that moving normally off from standstill requires no clutch slip. I.e. in an auto, no need for torque converter. 

So unless something breaks (controls), the gearbox would have an easier 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, jpalo said:

And it's here. 🤩

IMG_20200129_174022.jpg

Excellent, looking forward to updates on range etc. I see you are coming from a 190 TDi (the same as me apart from mine is manual and fwd) so interested in hearing opinion on power difference etc. I presume it's 2wd? 

Yes, iVs only come in fwd. Don't really live or use car in places where 4wd would be needed so that's not a biggie.

So far no surprises, except that Skoda Connect isn't connecting (not surprise, really) and the normal battery has moved from front to where subwoofer was, so no subwoofer even possible in iV said the dealer. Didn't notice that when ordering. 

Edited by jpalo

1 minute ago, jpalo said:

Yes, iVs only come in fwd. Don't really live or use car in places where 4wd would be needed so that's not a biggie.

You might find you need it more than you realise. My fwd 190 struggles on damp roads up to 3rd gear if under heavy acceleration and I think some of the 220 petrols have similar issues. I guess time will tell. Is it on 19" (wider tyres will probably help) as Im only on 17"(215 width).

1 hour ago, Markbro said:

You might find you need it more than you realise. My fwd 190 struggles on damp roads up to 3rd gear if under heavy acceleration and I think some of the 220 petrols have similar issues. I guess time will tell. Is it on 19" (wider tyres will probably help) as Im only on 17"(215 width).

Yes of course on damp or snowy roads you lose a lot (of fun) with 2wd but 50km (we'll see) on battery was too tempting. Got 17" winter tires and 18" summer tires. I'm mostly afraid if there will be lot of noise from the 18" ones. These 17" winter friction tires are so soft that they were nice and silent. Asphalt here is quite hard so tire noise is commonly an issue. 

Edited by jpalo

The 50km is very tempting, At a minimum I do two 25km trips each  day and the car is always parked in my garage so I can easily charge between these so I think it would be perfect. I do other longer trips but once I leave a few hours between then it could work out well.  I drove a 330e a few years back and liked it, but zero practicality.  At least with the combi (which in Ireland will be a similar price to the 330e) there is still over 500 litres of boot space😁